Message Boards

Topic : 10/17 Sexual Predators?

Number of Replies: 373
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 03:42:12 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
You've read the headlines, now watch the story about a crime so heinous some would rather see the suspect dead than in jail. The manhunt for the nation's most wanted alleged pedophile ended last night as fugitive Chester Stiles, accused in the videotaped molestation of a three-year-old girl, was arrested outside Las Vegas. Stiles had been wanted since October 5 on warrants issued for 21 felony charges in connection with acts seen on the videotape. Could you spot a child predator? Is your family at risk? Be there when Dr. Phil tells you the warning signs to watch for -- you'll be shocked! Plus, the reported victim's mother breaks her silence in an exclusive interview with Dr. Phil. Then, hear what Stiles' ex-girlfriend's son has to say, and what the victim remembers about the attack. If it's happening now, Dr. Phil is going to deal with it now! Don't miss this breaking news Dr. Phil Now. Join the discussion.

To find registered sex offenders in your area, visit familywatchdog.us.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 17, 2007, 3:37 am CDT

Predators

Others are raising voices united for the execution of this man.  One of the factors which makes this so very sad is the inability of this report to cause many of us to feel anything at all.  To some who have lived through molestation and have tried valiantly to rise above it, a lifetime won't make the memories go away.  When a story such as this, however, comes to the attention of the public, those of us who lived parts of this same nightmare react very little, if at all.  It is as if we have been desensitized.  I see myself not horrified but listening with quiet acceptance.  A lifetime of trying to work through abuse often does nothing.  Some can not let go.  It colors our entire life turning what could have been a perfusion of bright reds and yellows into lives of gray and black.  This man has no redeeming qualities, yet I am in the position that I quietly say to myself - regardless the outcome, the boogie man always wins.

October 17, 2007, 4:06 am CDT

10/17 Sexual Predators?

I am also a victim of a sexual abuse I was a teeneager and let me tell you, you never forget about it.  I am now 46 years old and still have bad dreams.  I knew the person who did this and he never acknowleged that it had happened.  I still to this day will not see or speak to this person.  I think they all should die for this kind of a crime.  A man who does this is nothing but a coward who wants controll over others.  Yes I still have much anger, but i go on with my life and hope that someday this peson will get hurt as bad a I was and still am.  There should be no room for toleration of this kind of act in todays world.  I wish there was a magic pill for these people to take so no more children have to suffer with this kind of pain.

October 17, 2007, 4:33 am CDT

Stronger Punishment

Quote From: vgerheim

How do people become so degraded? Why do men prey on children? How to weed this out of our society?
I have no idea why men prey on little children.  However, I do believe that our laws as nation need to be consistant and harsh for ALL people who commit a crime agaist children...or it will never stop!!  These men who harm our children need to be castrated, take the weapon away from the abuser!!!

October 17, 2007, 4:34 am CDT

fact

Our legal is system is broken........Can anyone really fix it? The problems continue and prisons are over crowded.  We certainly aren't the ones in charge and the people we elect won't let us take charge. Well Dr. Phil......What's next?

October 17, 2007, 4:36 am CDT

A different perspective

I know that sexual predators need severe correction for their behavior as it is Completely unacceptable. We need to be aware that  a percentage of sexual predators are often the victims of sexual abuse themselves who have never gotten the support and therapy THEY needed at the time to over come what happened to them. So victim turns into predator.

I know that there are no excuses for sexual predators, the act is so very detrimental to the individual, as I want to illustrate by drawing your attention to the fact that victims often become the predators. I'm glad that society is recognizing the need to treat sexual predators. As if the underlying reasons for their behavior is not addressed, the problem will never be resolved. It's just not good enough to say "it happened to me, so I'm going to show the world what it felt like for me to go through it too" This needs serious addressing in our society, worldwide.

October 17, 2007, 4:52 am CDT

preverts

THERE IS A SICK GENERATION IN THIS WORLD, ANYONE THAT WOULD SEXUALLY ABUSE CHILDREN HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM, BUT WE ALSO HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM, BECAUSE WE HAVE ENCOURAGED THEM. WE HAVE TOLD PEOPLE TO LIVE THEIR LIVES AS THEIR HEARTS WOULD LEAD THEM, TO BE TRUE TO THEIR SELVES. WE HAVE TOLD GIRLS IF THEY WANT TO BE BOYS THAT'S OK. WE TOLD BOY'S IF THEY WANT TO BE GIRLS THAT'S OK. WE TOLD BOY'S IF THEY WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH BOY'S THAT'S OK. WE TOLD GIRLS IF THEY WANT TO HAVE SEX WITH GIRLS THAT'S OK. WE HAVE SAID THAT SEXUAL CHOICE WHATEVER IT IS  THAT IT IS NORMAL BEHAVIOR AND NOT TO BE ASHAMED. HOMOSEXUAL'S WORK HARD TO PROMOTE THEIR LIFESTYLE AS NORMAL, AND DR. PHIL SEEMS TO AGREE WITH THEM. IF THEIR LIFESTYLE IS NORMAL WHAT MAKES THIS MAN'S SEXUAL PREFERENCE ABNORMAL EXCEPT THAT IT IS AGAINST THE LAW. IT USE TO BE AGAINST THE LAW TO COMMIT ADULTERY, SODOMY, AND MANY OTHER SEXUAL CRIMES. HOW LONG WILL SEXUAL PREDATORS AGAINST CHILDREN BE AGAINST THE LAW.? WE ARE GOING DOWN A DARK ROAD WITH NO WAY BACK.

October 17, 2007, 4:53 am CDT

Horror .

Cut of their " thing " . Children are the future and need to be protected . A sexual predator is a monster without the right to live .

October 17, 2007, 4:56 am CDT

Pedophiles

These types of predators need to be dealt with in a quick and definitive way. I don't think putting them on an island is the answer. I think we need to bring back the death penalty in all states against this type of criminal and allow the victims and/or their families to be the ones to flip the switch to kill these predators. There is no rehabilitating them. they will never get any better. Once they get to prison the inmates there take very good care of child predators. Believe me, this man is going to be very sorry for what he did. He won't be able to sit down for a very long time if ever. Inmates hate these types of criminals. They deal swiftly and brutally with these people.  His day is coming as is all the rest of them out there we haven't caught yet. Not only will they be dealt with here, but God will judge them very harshly for harming his poor innocent children.

If only we knew what made people become child predators. It is sad and this problem is growing more each day. Dr. Phil can help us find a way to detect these individuals and protect our children. There is nothing worse then criminals that abuse and harm poor defenseless children and women. It is time for American's to step up and take back our country and bring back the laws that allow us to remove these individuals from society and then put them to death swiftly. I only pray we can stop other children from being harmed once Dr. Phil helps us be able to pick them out of society. Thank you Dr. Phil for helping people understand.

Pam, a mother and grandmother from Ohio

October 17, 2007, 4:59 am CDT

How do these Predators start?

They start at home with parents that don't wanna accept that nothing is wrong with their children.

I have a grandchild that is a serial killer in the making and I can't convience his Mom that there is a problem that needs to be addressed.  So sorry you no longer qualify for free assistance thru medicaid but hey his problems didn't go away just cuz you can't get state assistance anymore.  Get a grip, get a job and get him the continued help he needs.  But no.  We are broke that is why i buy every gadget my pediatrician suggets for my daughter.  Give me a break.

Upset Grandma

October 17, 2007, 5:01 am CDT

Listen to your gut feelings

Monsters are everywhere when it comes to sexually preditors.  My grand daughter was only 3 years old when a person I was dating molested her.  I had been with this man(?) for almost 8 years and had also went to high school with him.  I thought I knew him well and did not want to believe he would do anything to harm my grand daughter.  She trusted and loved him and he seemed to take the role as stand in grandpa with love.  I had a tugging feeling in my gut that something was not right, but I chose to ignore it.  He seemed to love her and give her his undivided attention.  She stayed with us most weekends and anyother time we could have her.  I first noticed she was having bladder infections and would complain when she took a bath that she was uncomfortable.  I asked her if anyone had touched her and she told me he had, I confronted him that moment and of course he denied it.  She marched up to him and said "You are lying" we were getting ready for a birthday party and I pretended we were still going and took her to the hospital.  She was examined and thank God he had not had intercourse with her, but she was red.  She was talked by child services and the story came out that her was taking indecent liberties with her.  I won't go into all the gorry details.  Nothing was ever done to him, the police said it was hard to prove when it was the word of a 3 year old against a 49 year old man.  I moved out of town immediately and have had no contact with the man since.  The guilt was enormous because I did not listen to my inner feelings that something just wasn't right.  It can be your most closest family member or friend.  My grand daugher never mentioned his name after that day.  She is now 11 years old and doesn't seem to have any memory of the incident(s).   

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last