Message Boards

Topic : 10/17 Sexual Predators?

Number of Replies: 373
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, October 16, 2007, 03:42:12 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
You've read the headlines, now watch the story about a crime so heinous some would rather see the suspect dead than in jail. The manhunt for the nation's most wanted alleged pedophile ended last night as fugitive Chester Stiles, accused in the videotaped molestation of a three-year-old girl, was arrested outside Las Vegas. Stiles had been wanted since October 5 on warrants issued for 21 felony charges in connection with acts seen on the videotape. Could you spot a child predator? Is your family at risk? Be there when Dr. Phil tells you the warning signs to watch for -- you'll be shocked! Plus, the reported victim's mother breaks her silence in an exclusive interview with Dr. Phil. Then, hear what Stiles' ex-girlfriend's son has to say, and what the victim remembers about the attack. If it's happening now, Dr. Phil is going to deal with it now! Don't miss this breaking news Dr. Phil Now. Join the discussion.

To find registered sex offenders in your area, visit familywatchdog.us.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 17, 2007, 5:06 am CDT

10/17 Sexual Predators?

Quote From: gramieph

This person is less than a beast.  when are they lawyers and judges and law makers ever going to hang these people high?  I can not think of a worse offense perpatrated on any human being, no matter how old they are.  These kinds can not and never have been rehabilated and let loose in our world ever!!!!!

I personally feel we should buy an island in the middle of the pacific ocean, put all these types there and give them 30 days of food, no boats, no nothing and tell them good luck.  At lease we would never have to worry about who they would hurt next.  Cruel and inhumane--not on your life compared to what they have done to innocent people.

AMEN..and I am not even that religious. But do we want to take away the Creep's rights?

Another topic.

October 17, 2007, 5:10 am CDT

What to look for

The vast majority of sexual abusers are known to the victim and his/her family.  Too many times it is mom's current live-in boyfriend.  Though it is frequently other family members or "friends."  For abusers outside the inner circle such as teachers, coaches, etc.: be very careful if the person wants to "hang-out" with children or volunteers to babysit or host a sleepover of the team or group.  Healthy, normal adults do not like to "hang-out" with kids.  They will coach the game, teach the class, run the field trip and then go home to hang out with people their own age.  When you read the news accounts of predators, this volunteering to do things with kids outside of the scheduled activity frequently are mentioned.  It's a huge RED FLAG.  Watch for it and become over-the-top suspicious to the point of not allowing your child to participate and of warning other parents.  Also make sure that two adults are involved in any activity.  If there is only one adult, volunteer to help or at least sit on the edge and read a book. 

October 17, 2007, 5:17 am CDT

warning signs

I think the most useful part of this will be the identification of warning signs - sort of "news we can use."  The subject seems exploitive to me.  It's pretty easy to be outraged (who wouldn't be?!) but harder to stay activated over the long haul to deal with this.  We need resources in our communities to protect children.  Don't forget that most abusers are not strangers to the child.

October 17, 2007, 5:19 am CDT

We Need to do something

I think crimes against children should be stronger then any other crimes children are helpless and adults are suppose to protect them. Parents can only do so much they need the laws to help them. People that can do this to a child needs to be put to death they never change there is no help for them that seems to work why should taxes payers pay to keep them alive. Even though this child seems fine and has no memory of this it while surface later in her life. We have to protect our children they are our future and this crime is like a virus that is spreading all a cross the world. Children have no chance against bad things adults choice to do to them as parents and adults that care anything about children we need to stand up and demand the laws be changed

October 17, 2007, 5:23 am CDT

Don't Punish, Kill them

The problem is we allow these scum to LIVE.  They are never rehabilitated. They are let out to do it again and again. Our children suffer!  Worst of all the warning signs are usually there  as children and are treated with drugs they go off of when they become adults, or never treated at all!  As children many are protected by law and no one protects the victims.  Put them in a prison for them only , or on an island with all the other sexual predators and let them do to each other what they did to the kids!  If that doesn't make them kill themselves,  after a year of it just shoot them in the head.  Problem solved, Kids Safe.

October 17, 2007, 5:24 am CDT

my life

Quote From: gramieph

This person is less than a beast.  when are they lawyers and judges and law makers ever going to hang these people high?  I can not think of a worse offense perpatrated on any human being, no matter how old they are.  These kinds can not and never have been rehabilated and let loose in our world ever!!!!!

I personally feel we should buy an island in the middle of the pacific ocean, put all these types there and give them 30 days of food, no boats, no nothing and tell them good luck.  At lease we would never have to worry about who they would hurt next.  Cruel and inhumane--not on your life compared to what they have done to innocent people.

well  my  life

I was married for almost 24 years, n i saw no sign till he was accused n i left him  then the pieces of puzzed fit....not a great experience..... n now he as 4 victime n its been going on since march 2006 n he is still free,  says he is not guilty but now court is the 22 november,  well i went trough alot of anger with him n myself.... but realise now that i did alot of resserch is father abused them all n raped them all there was 16 kids in there family then is father died when my ex was 5 years old so can you imagine what that child saw n heard n learned......they need help  because they r helping inside    it is not an excuse to hurt anychild    but my ex was a child too n he went trough this pain  n i agree we could called them beast  but  we  need to find a situation to help them ill,  n  many  of  them  need  to  ill...they need to learn about real love...they need  help    or a town just for them  with  no way out    this might be mean to say but look today they have electrick collar for dogs to keep them in there teretory  well maybe thats what they need  n they can work there n take care of their own town  well  city  a town is not big enough since there are alot of pedophile...because if there are no cure for them  then  they live there  with no  chidren allowed ...   maybe many of you will not agree but they were children too n their father were children too n it keeps on going on n on ...... so if there r no cure for them well then let them leave together but why make them suffer they were kids too n i think they suffered  too  so they need love  n we cant give it to them    they need to get love for  themself  n they need some help with that there are so many conferance about real life,  but they need to be in a place where this hurting stops  because if not it will go on n on forever   

October 17, 2007, 5:25 am CDT

Great, but can we stop perpetuating the myths

It is excellent to have yet another predator off the streets.  Hopefully the system is able to keep it that way!  I think however that it is very unfortunate that the picture posted on the website of Stiles is such that he looks exactly how we imagine child molesters to look.  More often than not they look normal, good looking and successful.  How about we stop fueling the myths around who commits these crimes -- it makes people believe they will be able to tell by looking.  This is not an option in the real world of sexual offences!

October 17, 2007, 5:26 am CDT

10/17 Sexual Predators?

Quote From: vgerheim

How do people become so degraded? Why do men prey on children? How to weed this out of our society?
because thats what they learned by there father or mother or others  they  were  kids  too  n  was  baddly  shown n they hurt too as a child 

October 17, 2007, 5:27 am CDT

From a mother

I'm a mother a 22 month old boy and I swear if anyone ever did anything to him I would go to jail for assault because I would hurt them! I just don't understand, the punishment for something like this should be life in jail because these people I've heard don't ever get better. This world is becoming sicker and sicker by the day. I pick up my 6 year old niece from the bus stop and have to make sure I am never late because there is a convicted sexual offender that lives two road up and we are afraid for her. Everyone should check their local news' website and find out if there are any sexual offenders living near you, just so you are aware of who is in the neighborhood.

October 17, 2007, 5:28 am CDT

Sexual Predators..lost cause!

I can not think of a more degrading, selfish, destructive and cowardly crime ..than sexual crimes committed against 'anyone' but especially against the defenseless such as the very young and very old and people who are developmentally disabled.  Has there 'ever' been a time that someone was considered 'cured'?  Even if it were one of my family members or spouse if they were found to be a sexual predator I would never again allow that person within distance of me or mine.. and if it was not legally found to be true.. unfortunately I would still always have my doubts and take precautions.. unfair as that may sound.. my job as a parent is to keep my family safe!!!  Maybe I'm biased... seeing that I was raped at 14yrs. of age by someone who I considered 'SAFE'.. Ha!.. And for the next forty something years I never told anyone because I felt that I had somehow caused it or even deserved it... for at the time it happened I was a runaway .. not from the wonderful foster home that I had grown up in since I was nine months old.. but from my biological parent who decided to surface with two more children and a step daddy for me... It was not him.. if anything he turned out to be pretty decent.  But every time I see where a child or someone defenseless has been assaulted it just turns my stomach especially when they get a sentence that gets cut in half as soon as they find God and behave well in prison.. only to go on the 'prowl' as soon as the doors are open... and they just so happen to leave God back in prison.  My personal feelings are that there is NO rehabilitating someone like that... and they continue to ruin lives for their own selfish pleasures..which ironically have NOTHING to do with sex.... but heaven forbid we should violate their 'civil' rights and keep them out of certain neighborhoods where there are children, schools and playgrounds.  And single moms are a plenty out there hoping that this new man who seems so 'perfect' is the 'one' that she's been asking God to send her.. to help her raise her kids and make life just a little bit easier only to find out he's the Devil in disguise.. I have seen that way too many times... thankfully not to me.  Do I sound bitter and vengeful yet?  It just kills me that these ugly twisted faces are usually the last thing that these poor victims see..and for the one's that do survive..it's no different..it just never goes away.. God help us!!  And if any crime deserved life in prison or the death penalty.. this is it.. !!  My poor kids have had to grow up with a Mom who was over protective and inquisitive and who seemed like a 'jailer' at times but I was fortunate and did not scar my children.(.I hope :) but after all of these years I finally came out and told my children about what happened and all of a sudden everything made sense to them... when they asked why I had not said anything to them the only thing I could tell them was that as far as I was concerned it never happened.. so I thought.. but after getting some therapy I saw how it had affected me all of these years without my knowing it.. I will never get over it.. and I'm accepting of that because it keeps me on my toes.  Please Parents.. and anyone in charge of children and the defenseless.. take care of them... and "BELIEVE" them... Peace out and God Bless!!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last