Message Boards

Topic : 10/22 Exes at War

Number of Replies: 443
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 19, 2007, 01:41:49 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Dr. Phil checks back in with some memorable guests. Last time, Keri accused her ex-husband, Ken’s, fiancée of being a mean, evil step-monster to her three kids. Keri says she took three Xanax before the show to combat her nervousness, and as a result, she was too overwhelmed to get her point across. She says she was portrayed as a bitter, jealous ex-wife, and she was so angry, you won't believe what she did when she got home! Now, seven months have passed, and the parties return to set the record straight! Why is Keri still upset with Ken? Ken and his new wife, Cari, say they just want some peace for the sake of the kids. So why has Ken called the police on Keri five times? Is Ken hiding money? Plus, find out what Ken says he found on their son’s cell phone that scared the heck out of him. The drama continues as Dr. Phil tries to resolve this war of the exes once and for all. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 22, 2007, 12:48 pm CDT

That ex is a raving lunatic!!

I registered here today for the first time because I can't believe what an absolute raving lunatic that ex is. 

I hope Ken and his new wife (with the help of Dr.Phil, because obvioulsy Dr. Phil can see she's a lunatic as well) get full custody of those children.  The ex should not even be allowed to visit those kids until she has a full pyshological evaluation.

Uggggg.....those poor kids having a mother like that:(

October 22, 2007, 12:51 pm CDT

Been there, done that

Ten years ago, I met my husband months after his wife divorced him for a richer man. We were married six months later. Like your guests, I (and my husband) have been victimized by my husband's emotional, dysfunctional ex-wife since the day after the wedding. We are both professionals and have carved out a very good life together. After five years of weekly passive-agressive games, and endless drama, we simply went under the radar. We found a solution. We eliminated everyone (including adult family members) who were feeding information and assisting her with her jeolous, bitter and never ending attacks.

Wise Advise: Go under the radar and get on with your life. Do not discuss the adult drama and dynamics with your kids and protect them at every turn. What the ex does not know about you, they cannot attack. Lay low, very low. When the children get older, they will be able to see what parent didn't get in the ring with the other. They will see what parent did not talk bad or sabotage the other etc.  Someday the children will see the parent causing all the trouble through adult eyes.  Sad, broken people that will never find peace, ever and that they are NOT responsible for holding that parent together.

October 22, 2007, 12:52 pm CDT

Living with yourself at 65

These parents need to stop pointing fingers at each other.  In dealing with my  former husband and wife, who by the way are AWESOME compared to these people!, I try to do the best I can emotionally, physically, financially everyday for our children.  Will I be able to live with myself at 65 knowing what I did for them yesterday and today?  My answer is yes.  If my ex and his wife can answer yes too, then our kids are the big winners!

October 22, 2007, 12:56 pm CDT

keri needs to grow up

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THIS KERI.MY GOD GROW UP KERI.I THINK SHES REALLY JEALOUS OF HER EX HUSBAND.I THINK SHES JEALOUS OF THE MONEY,AND WHAT HE OWNS.GROW UP KERI AND GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE.ALL YOUR DOING IS USING THESE KIDS AS PONDS IN THIS HEAD GAME YOUR PLAYING.GROW UP-GROW UP-GROW UP.AND GET A LIFE.AND THIS DIP STICK THAT WAS WITH YOU ON THE DR.PHIL SHOW SEEMS LIKE A REAL JERK.HE SURE DID'NT HELP YOU ANY.I CAN UNDERSTAND WHY YOUR EX DOES'NT WANT YOU TO MARRY HIM.ANYWAY STOP USING THE KIDS IN THIS HEAD GAME YOUR PLAYING WITH.AND IF YOU WANT MONEY KERI GO GET A JOB

CUDDLES05

October 22, 2007, 1:01 pm CDT

DR.PHIL

IM WORRIED ABOUT YOU HOW DO YOU SIT AND LISTEN TO PEOPLE LIKE THIS KERI.GOD I FEEL SORRY FOR YOU.THESE PEOPLE NEED HELP IF THEY CAN GET HELP.BUT THEY DON'T WANT IT.I WOULD GO MAD LISTENING TO PEOPLE LIKE THAT.THEY ARE SO IMMATURE IT'S CRAZY.I REALLY FEEL FOR YOU DR.PHIL.MY THOUGHT ARE WITH YOU DR.PHIL REALLY THEY ARE.ARE PEOPLE THAT STUIP AND CAN'T GET ON WITH THEIR LIFES.STATE SIDE PEOPLE SEEM SO STUIP.NOT ALL OF THEM.BUT MY GOD THERES MORE OVER THERE THEN THERE IS HERE IN CANADA.

CUDDLES05

October 22, 2007, 1:08 pm CDT

Unbelievable!!

Dr. Phil , i felt so bad for u today...omg how frustrating to try to talk to people that dont want to listen as that was very obvious today......probably talking to the wall u would have had a better response.
I admire the fact that u are continuing with your offer of counselling...but frankly from someone that has been divorced......i wouldnt hold my breath that anything is going to change!!
To me it seems the ex wife is bent on making trouble for them not realizing as she does so....she is making trouble for her own kids....the fiancee ....well i thought he was a bit of a farce sitting there trying to make comments and not making any more sense than her....
The one i felt really bad for was the new wife sat there basically the whole show saying close to nothing.....which by the way from what i saw was probably the smartest thing to do....
I felt like i was watching a bunch of kindergarten kids fighting in the school yards over petty nonsense stuff....
It is quite clear to see that the ex has not come to any closure concerning there divorce and is extremely jealous of her ex's way of life.......she keeps bringing up the material things over and over again....what her ex has or doesnt have is really none of her concerns any more....after the divorce his business is none of her business unless he is not paying child support or not doing what the court has ordered him to do...aside from that ....if he chooses to buy the kids something above and beyond the court orders then that's his choice ...the ex has no say at all in it.........
By the way, the ex keeps saying she is now on welfare...well i think someone should notify the welfare office of maybe some fraud being perpatrated here.....as the fiancee spoke up and said he lives there has been with her for 6 years and works 3 jobs to support kids that are not his...i dont know about down in the states...but here if ur on welfare  u cant live with someone that works and still collect...its agains the law....here people go to jail all the time for it.......so how can she collect welfare and have a live in boyfriend that works 3 jobs?????
My suggestion to the ex is going on with your life....i believe she is jealous b/c she doesnt have what the new wife has....beautiful home...handsome husband...material things....plus good looks.....

Oh yes by the way ...anyone watching the show notice that the fiancee kind of in some ways looks like her ex a little...not as handsome but similar??

Dr. Phil good job today....u probably had to walk off stage and take a few tylenols....good try though...u did your best with an impossible situation!!! And your right about what u said....the situation will never change...I believe the kids as they grow up will learn to hate both parents...not one or the other...both of them!!!

October 22, 2007, 1:22 pm CDT

Exes need to be at peace

I was a single mom raising my son alone, after my ex and I split up.  I was young and very bitter towards the ex.  I think the thing that turned me around was the love and support of my family.  My mother was adamant that my ex and I get along for the sake of the child.  She was very supportive of the two of us, individually, and at first I felt a little betrayed.  But after some time, I realized that no matter who I invited into my life, my mother was very accepting of my decisions.  I think family needs to step up and support each other in their decisions, but don't encourage criticism of the other person.  Accept that things have not worked out the way they may have wanted them to, but the important message is that the children receive positive attention from their parents.  These children are going through their own grief and devastation, whether it's a divorce or separation and we as parents need to focus our energy on helping our children cope.  We also need to let them know that no matter what, we love them and they will always be the focus of our lives - we need to also live by our own words.  Regardless of what our feelings are for the ex, we need to realize that once a divorce or separation has happened, anything future forward is no longer about ourselves or the other person, it should all be positive for the sake of the child(ren).   I think these people need to communicate with the children in mind - rather than constantly looking for the negative things going on and accusing the ex, without legitimate proof.   We all would love to have our exes raise our children exactly like we do, but they're not us.  We should be thankful that they want to be a part of their child's life - there are so many deadbeat parents in the world, that the ones who do stick around don't always get credit where credit is due.  If there are valid concerns regarding parenting or other activities involving the child, then as a mature adult, we need to show the other parent the respect and consideration to address any concerns in a mature manner without accusing or implying blame.  Be diplomatic people.  As my parents always taught me, 'treat others as you would like to be treated' - 'what goes around, comes around'.   I am living proof that you can eventually become friends with your ex - something I think that one day my son will recognize and respect us for.

October 22, 2007, 1:22 pm CDT

ex's

i am so upset with the way dr phil treats the mom. he totally ignores what she says about what is going on with her daughter and how she feels. he is totally taking the father's side. i've had a stepmother, and 99.9% of all stepmothers treat his kids differently. i've been in the situation and i know how it is. i did not want to go to my father's house ever and it had nothing to do with my mother putting ideas in my head. it disgusts me that the father lives extravagantly and doesn't pay his child support like he should!  dr phil should have brought the oldest daughter on the show to see exactly what's going on but he didn't maybe because he wouldn't be able to side with the father anymore! Disgusted with this show today

October 22, 2007, 1:24 pm CDT

From the child of a bitter Ex...

My parents were divorced when I was 3 years old. My mother was VERY bitter, like the Ex on today's show. She would bad mouth my father and his girlfriend every single chance she had. She would manipulate me and tell my father I didn't want to see him - I was in the middle and felt sick because no matter what decision I made, one of them would be hurt. As I got older, I finally could see through my mother's jealousy for my father's lifestyle (money, girlfriend, etc.) and I began to realize (and resent) her behavior. My mother is still bitter and still says bad things about my father every chance she gets (32 years later). I was able to finally bond with my father in my twenties and my relationship with my mother is strained (to say the least).

To all of the bitter ex's out there...your relationship with your ex should not affect your children's relationship with their parent. Even if it kills you - DO NOT bad mouth and belittle your ex to the kids. They'll hate you for it.

October 22, 2007, 1:25 pm CDT

Dr. Phil fair or unfair

I watched Monday's show and was in awe of Dr. Phil's reaction to Keri's situation.  While Keri definitely had a difficult time expressing herself concisely, I actually could sympathize with her emotions.  It was obvious she is just still having a difficult time accepting that her ex has moved on and started a new life.   I was glad to see that she had tried to begin anew with a new man, but thought it quite odd that he resembled her ex as well.  It just seems as though she just doesn't want to let go. 

I think the ex has resources that he is not divulging, thereby allowing him to pay less child support.   As a secretary that deals with child support orders, it is quite incredible the means people will go to try to pay less support.  I know these men are trying to live and most have new families, but they must realize they have prior obligations that are the priority.  I doubt that Keri will ever be able to prove he has financial means other that what is reported.  Her only chance on this one is to hire a dang good attorney and good luck finding one 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last