Message Boards

Topic : 10/23 Tuesdays with Morrie

Number of Replies: 97
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 19, 2007, 01:45:04 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

If you knew you were going to die tomorrow, could you say you lived your life to the absolute fullest, or would you have regrets? This year marks the 10th anniversary of the best-selling memoir of all time, Tuesdays with Morrie, and the author, Mitch Albom, remembers his former teacher and mentor’s simple but important messages that have touched so many. Joined by Morrie Schwartz’s loved ones, Mitch shares his friend’s wisdom and life lessons as they pertain to Dr. Phil’s guests. When Bobby and Kelly appeared on the show previously, they were on the verge of divorce because she was tired of being the primary breadwinner and had lost confidence in her husband. Now, is it possible for Kelly to find forgiveness? Then, Tarah wants her husband to reprioritize his life and start putting his family first. She says he chooses dirt biking, hanging with his pals and lounging on the couch over important family events. Josh admits he can be selfish, but says if Tarah had a job, she’d know how he felt when he got home. Plus, guests reflect on the meaning of Morrie’s life lessons and share how they were inspired to change their lives.  Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 20, 2007, 7:08 am CDT

SURVIVAL

ON NOVEMBER 24, 2004, MY SON, BRYCE, KILLED HIMSELF.  I WAS SO DEVASTATED THAT I THOUGHT LIFE COULD NOT POSSIBLY GO ON.  THEN I STARTED READING MITCH ALBOM'S BOOKS.  I HAVE READ THE FIVE PEOPLE YOU MEET IN HEAVEN, TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE, AND FOR ONE MORE DAY.  THESE BOOKS HAVE DONE SO MUCH TO HELP ME HEAL FROM THIS UNIMAGINABLE GRIEF.  IN THE BOOK THE FIVE PEOPLE YOU MEET IN HEAVEN, I LEARNED ABOUT FORGIVENESS, SELF FORGIVENESS.  I OFTEN WONDERED WHO MY SON'S FIVE PEOPLE COULD BE.  BUT. MORE IMPORTANT, I REALIZED THAT BRYCE WAS AT A PLACE WHERE HE COULD FINALLY FORGIVE HIMSELF FOR ALL HIS PERCEIVED SHORTCOMINGS.

I WAS A BIT RELUCTANT TO READ TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE.  I KNEW IT WAS ABOUT NO REGRETS BECAUSE MORRIES CEEBRATED HIS LIFE EVERY DAY.  AFTER BRYCE DIED, I HAD SO MANY REGRETS.  MOST OF THEM HAD TO DO WITH THE THINGS I FELT THAT I HAD LEFT UNDONE WITH BRYCE.  TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE HELPED ME UNDERSTAND THAT IT IS NEVER TOO LATE.  I HAVE TWO OTHER CHILDREN, HELEN AND RYAN, WHO I KNEW THAT I HAD THE CHANCE TO DO THE THINGS FOR AND WITH THAT I FELT I HAD DROPPED THE BALL WHEN IT CAME TO BRYCE.  I LEARNED THE BEST WAY TO HONOR MY SON WAS TO LIVE LIFE FULLY AND WITH AS MUCH HAPPINESS AS I CAN MUSTER UP.

FOR ONE MORE DAY BECAME THE MOST DIFFICULT TO READ.  ONCE I GOT INTO IT, I WAS NOT SURE I WANTED TO FINISH.  IT NEVER OCCURRED TO ME THAT IT ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT BOOKS THAT I COULD READ AT THIS TIME.  IT TAUGHT ME TO GIVE PAUSE AND TRULY TAKE A LOOK AT WHO MIGHT THINK I AM AN IMPORTANT PERSON IN THEIR LIVES.  I NEVER DREAMED HOW MANY PEOPLE IT WOULD HONESTLY HURT IF I WERE TO DO AS MY SON DID.  I MUST ADMIT THAT I WAS AMAZED AT THE TURN OUT FOR HIS VISITATION AND FUNERAL FLOORED ME.  I COULD NOT BELIEVE HOW MANY PEOPLE THAT HE TOUCHED IN JUST 27 SHORT YEARS!  EVEN SO, IT DID NOT MAKE ME TAKE A HARD LOOK ABOUT THOSE AROUND ME.  WE DON'T ALWAYS THINK ABOUT HOW WE AFFECT OTHERS, NOT JUST THE CLOSE ONES BUT HOW IT TRICKLES DOWN.

MITCH ALBOM, PLEASE KEEP ON WRITING ABOUT LIFE AND DEATH.  THEY ARE BOTH SO BEAUTIFUL AND PAINFUL AT THE SAME TIME.  IT IS APPARENT THAT YOU UNDERSTAND THIS TO A GREAT EXTENT.

October 20, 2007, 7:24 am CDT

Any Regrets

Hello, my name is Sandra Bozard and I am 57 years old. 

I feel that my whole life is a regret.  I have a family that hates me with passion.  My father died early in my life and it just got worse.  My brother and sister was much older me.........I was a mistake.  My mother often told me that it was thought when she had surgery it was an appendicitis......but she was pregnant with me.

Even to this day after my sister, mother and father are gone.............my nephews and nieces hate me.  I live with this everyday and it hurts so much.  I have a wonderful husband of 32 years and he has helped me through so many horrible things.  I am blessed to have him.  All I wanted was to my family to be happy and to get a long.

October 20, 2007, 5:04 pm CDT

Tuesdays With Morrie.....

Tuesdays with Morrie was an outstanding book, the movie touched me even more.  The point is that it was one more true story that in  my baby steps of addiction recovery was a EYE OPENING experience.  I passed the book to someone else & the movie after they finished the book and he hugged me and told me that I have saved his life!!!  I told him I am just a guide, and he is the one to do the work and God will do the rest!! 

That friend has passed them both along as well and has received the same type of response and he answered them the same way I answered him...that is what it takes...its one more message payed forward....

Thank you Dr.Phil you are always and inspiration in my life!!!

October 20, 2007, 5:44 pm CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Doctor Morrie Phil Tuesday With. Who is this guy anyway? I donot know him at all. See you on Tuesday-----

October 23rd, 2007. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.------------------------------------------------------------------- 

October 20, 2007, 6:28 pm CDT

Morrie

Quote From: hpmx59

Doctor Morrie Phil Tuesday With. Who is this guy anyway? I donot know him at all. See you on Tuesday-----

October 23rd, 2007. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.------------------------------------------------------------------- 

I am in the middle of reading Tuesday's With Morrie, and it is such an inspirational book, I cry and also feel so many other emotions at the same time reading this book, I hear there is a movie, I will be looking for it,

I am also reading the book for a class I am taking.  I am a psychology major and we are required to read the book for our Adult Development class and I am truly glad that the instructor chose this for us to read.

October 20, 2007, 7:09 pm CDT

tuesdays with morrie

Quote From: hpmx59

this book was so inspirational to me, i lost my son in tragic circumstances nearly 2 years ago and i know for a certainty that if i had just one more day with my son i would  let him know just how much i loved him and how much his passing has saddened my life, we should never take the time we have with our loved ones for granted  tell them every day just how much they mean to you and how much you love them because we never know it may be the last day we see them. i still tell my son even though he is not here in body but hee in spirit that i love him more than life itself

October 20, 2007, 8:32 pm CDT

awesome

Im really looking forward to Tuesday's show
with Mitch Albom.His books have taught me
that love continues even when our loves one
have passed on.That love connection is never
broken through death and when our life is over,
everthing will be explained to us.So I no longer
go through life pouting"Why? Why? Why me?
If anyone doesn't know this author- run to the bookstore!II pass all my books onto friends who
are experiencing sadness.Cheers

October 20, 2007, 11:10 pm CDT

"With God all things are possible"

Quote From: zardys

Hello, my name is Sandra Bozard and I am 57 years old. 

I feel that my whole life is a regret.  I have a family that hates me with passion.  My father died early in my life and it just got worse.  My brother and sister was much older me.........I was a mistake.  My mother often told me that it was thought when she had surgery it was an appendicitis......but she was pregnant with me.

Even to this day after my sister, mother and father are gone.............my nephews and nieces hate me.  I live with this everyday and it hurts so much.  I have a wonderful husband of 32 years and he has helped me through so many horrible things.  I am blessed to have him.  All I wanted was to my family to be happy and to get a long.

Pain that was created in childhood becomes a part of us.  It is Only through love that you can over come it, love of yourself, love of others, and especially love of God.  I don't know if you believe that God is real but if you do, act like it.  Accept His love, love him, love others and forgive.  Even the Bible states that "with God all things are possible".  He has already blessed you with a loving husband.  Let him bless you by filling you with His love and helping you to love yourself.  Loving yourself is sometimes the hardest thing to do even if you are a wonderful person.  If God can help wonderful me do it, he can help wonderful you too.  I couldn't have done it without Him.  Forgive those that hurt you.  Holding on to those feelings only hurts you. Besides, God forgives us according to how we forgive others.

God Bless you and your family, Teresa

p.s. I love you because you are a child of God.

October 21, 2007, 6:04 am CDT

what a coincidence!!

I just got done rereading the book, Tuesdays with Morrie, what a great book. People thinks its about death and the dying process, but in reality its about life and how great life is about. Morrie, who suffered from ALS, gave life lessons to Mitch, his student, about love and grief. It is OK to cry. It is OK to be sad, but don't let saddens over run your life. People need to give their priorities right. People are so fascinated about other peoples lives like Britney', Pairs' lives that they are missing out the beauty of their own life, like seeing the fall colors of maple leafs.

in my Church, when someone passes away, we say, "they are bound for glory." Meaning they are with the holy father and we celebrate about life with that person.

October 22, 2007, 5:50 am CDT

I learn something everytime I watch the movie

I watched the movie Tuesday's with Morrie in a death and dying psychology class and there was not a dry eye in the place when the movie was over. I learn something new everytime I watch the movie and have read the book twice. I love the book and the movie. Morrie had life down to an art, and he knew not to miss a day. What a blessing his life was, and what a blessing Mitch Albom's life is as he continues to tell the wonderful life story of Morrie. God Bless you as you spread the Morrie message...

Marsha

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last