Message Boards

Topic : 10/23 Tuesdays with Morrie

Number of Replies: 97
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 19, 2007, 01:45:04 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

If you knew you were going to die tomorrow, could you say you lived your life to the absolute fullest, or would you have regrets? This year marks the 10th anniversary of the best-selling memoir of all time, Tuesdays with Morrie, and the author, Mitch Albom, remembers his former teacher and mentor’s simple but important messages that have touched so many. Joined by Morrie Schwartz’s loved ones, Mitch shares his friend’s wisdom and life lessons as they pertain to Dr. Phil’s guests. When Bobby and Kelly appeared on the show previously, they were on the verge of divorce because she was tired of being the primary breadwinner and had lost confidence in her husband. Now, is it possible for Kelly to find forgiveness? Then, Tarah wants her husband to reprioritize his life and start putting his family first. She says he chooses dirt biking, hanging with his pals and lounging on the couch over important family events. Josh admits he can be selfish, but says if Tarah had a job, she’d know how he felt when he got home. Plus, guests reflect on the meaning of Morrie’s life lessons and share how they were inspired to change their lives.  Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 23, 2007, 11:53 am CDT

10/23 Tuesdays with Morrie

I first heard of Mitch Albom on one of Dr. Phil's shows. He really intrigued me. Since then I have read and purchased 3 of Mitch Albom's books-"Tuesdays With Morrie", "For One More Day" and "The Five People You Meet In Heaven".  He is such an incredible and truly inspirational man. I absolutely love his books and cherish all of them. They all touched me in different ways and have really made me think and completely change the way I live my life day to day. It's so refreshing. Thank you!

October 23, 2007, 12:54 pm CDT

Quote From: zardys

Hello, my name is Sandra Bozard and I am 57 years old. 

I feel that my whole life is a regret.  I have a family that hates me with passion.  My father died early in my life and it just got worse.  My brother and sister was much older me.........I was a mistake.  My mother often told me that it was thought when she had surgery it was an appendicitis......but she was pregnant with me.

Even to this day after my sister, mother and father are gone.............my nephews and nieces hate me.  I live with this everyday and it hurts so much.  I have a wonderful husband of 32 years and he has helped me through so many horrible things.  I am blessed to have him.  All I wanted was to my family to be happy and to get a long.

Your message really made me feel sad.  Can you say WHY they hated you?  I'm happy that you have a great husband!  I was a mistake too, along with my other sister and brother.  Lots of people are mistakes, so please don't let that make you feel bad.  Diane

October 23, 2007, 12:56 pm CDT

Tuesdays guest

I wish that the husband who wasn't with his wife after a miscarrage would wake up.

My heart goes out to her.  Life is so short. WE all need to live for today!  However, learn to forgive one another is the greatest gift.

October 23, 2007, 1:16 pm CDT

ALS

I was very touched by the show today.  My mom just recently passed away from ALS in May (2007).  It progressed very fast and was the hardest thing I have ever had to deal with.  My mom tried to prepare all of us for her death.  She seemed to have been ready from day one because she knew what would happen.  I recently bought Tuesdays With Morrie but have not had a chance to read and I am also almost afraid to read it because I do not want to get upset by it.  After seeing the show today it makes me want to read it now.  I was glad to see a TV show that was discussing ALS because I do not hear about hardly anywhere.  Before my mom was diagnosed I knew nothing about the disease.  I hate that I had to learn about it like this.

Whitney Thomas

October 23, 2007, 1:16 pm CDT

The book isn't all that great.

This book is not all that people say it is. Yeah, death is around, and it sucks when it happens.

He just spent time around an old guy.  Old people talk about death a lot because for them, it's most likely going to happen to them sooner.  Just because a guy was around to hear the old guy talking about death doesn't mean it's more significant.

It reminds us to enjoy life- a simple message that comes around often.

October 23, 2007, 1:19 pm CDT

TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE

I am a 9th grader and I am reading Tuisdays with Morrie in english right now. I saw that Mitch Albom was going to be on the show today and was excited to watch it. I think everyone should read this bood and anyone who has has been moved or touched by it. I thought this was a great book that my english teacher picked for the class to read.

October 23, 2007, 1:28 pm CDT

i think people who say money

doesn't matter at the end of your life are the people who have money.  when my mom passed away i knew that no amount of money ould kep er alive. even ifi were donald trump my mom would die. i stared getting sick in 2001. evey day i ray for $12 million dollarsbefore i die. $50million to each of my children, the rest to me. i want live like like the rich even for a day i want my childen and their children to live a financial life second to none. i live alone, i live alone in a subsidized apt. on diability. i have read tuesdays wth morrie and thought it a wonerfl book. i have had to learn to accept lie as well as death. it isdefinitely a process. i won't o into it. however, i just wanted to say that money cannot buy life when it is your time to go. i, however,would die awhole lot happier if i could give my children 50 million dollars apiece before i leave this planet. morri had real good insight and seemed like a wonderful man.   mitch did an excellent job writng the book.  i just disagree with some of his thoughts.

October 23, 2007, 1:53 pm CDT

comment to one of the guys on there

I can't remember his name but the one that says that he cant help out cuz he is tired cuz he works full time will he should be in my shoes i work full time and raise my son and still clean the house and find time for myself cuz i am a single parent.so if he thinks its hard tell him to think of me that does it all

October 23, 2007, 2:03 pm CDT

Quote From: zardys

Hello, my name is Sandra Bozard and I am 57 years old. 

I feel that my whole life is a regret.  I have a family that hates me with passion.  My father died early in my life and it just got worse.  My brother and sister was much older me.........I was a mistake.  My mother often told me that it was thought when she had surgery it was an appendicitis......but she was pregnant with me.

Even to this day after my sister, mother and father are gone.............my nephews and nieces hate me.  I live with this everyday and it hurts so much.  I have a wonderful husband of 32 years and he has helped me through so many horrible things.  I am blessed to have him.  All I wanted was to my family to be happy and to get a long.

Susan, I too feel like my whole life is a regret. I am 43 and my mother left me at 13 with my dad who I still take care of to this day,I have given up any normal life for him by having him live with my husband and my 14 yr old son all out of guilt. I guess it would be the right thing to do and I would embrace the closeness except he is a very miserable mean man who just 3 days ago told me and I quote " I hate your f****** guts"  this is normal for him but I amoverwhelmed with guilt as he has no one and I meen no one else he would never survive on his own he is not able to as he can barely walk. No brothers or sisters and my wonderful husbands family hates me also.Ideally to live life as morrie did would be a dream come true but its just not like that today how many leave it to beaver families do you really know? I am blessed to have my husband and my son and thats what I try to focus on not what might have been I can't make my mother want to be a mother and grandmother so why waste the energy upsetting myself over it focus on your lovely husband and you will have no regrets.    Hope

October 23, 2007, 2:03 pm CDT

Miscarriage guest

I feel so sorry for this guest!! 

I work as an Ultrasound technologist and I see first hand the heartbreak and pain these poor women endure after a miscarriage.   This is a loss of life!!!   What kind of a person is her husband??

Is he so ignorant not to realize that this loss was a little part of him.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last