Message Boards

Topic : 06/09 Devastating Divorce

Number of Replies: 216
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 19, 2007, 01:52:54 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Original Air Date: 10/26/07) What do you do when you’re desperate to hold onto your marriage but your spouse wants out? Dr. Phil’s guest, Danny Bonaduce, became famous as a child star but is now infamous for his very public bad behavior -- loud outbursts, drug addiction and cheating on his wife of 17 years. When Danny last spoke with Dr. Phil, his marriage was on the rocks, but he was learning to live sober and inspire his wife, Gretchen, to trust him again. Now, a year has gone by, and Gretchen has filed for divorce. Danny says Gretchen is the love of his life, and he doesn’t want their marriage to end. But is it too late? Dr. Phil meets with Gretchen separately to find out if there’s still a sliver of hope for them to hold onto. After hearing from Dr. Phil and seeing clips of Danny's conversation, will Gretchen give their relationship another shot? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 22, 2007, 11:55 am CDT

AA & Al-Anon

I'm sad this couple can not come to terms with the disease of addiction.  I know the struggle.  I'm an alcoholic and was divorced after 32 years from an alcoholic.  I attend AA and Al-Anon and from my own experiance unless both parties are working a program it does not work.  I love my x but not his behavior.  Although I do understand he is sick and I can not live with the drama associated with his illness.    I wonder why 12 step programs are mentioned very little? 

RG

October 22, 2007, 4:20 pm CDT

Not again!

I MAY BE THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD BUT I REALLY DON'T CARE ABOUT DANNY BONADUCE. I get tired of watching/listening to how people with huge advantages go on the rocks - again - and again - and again. Not something I care about. I would rather see programs about people who have never had a chance, get one and then make good.

October 23, 2007, 8:32 am CDT

This ought to be good...

I like Danny and I just saw a picture on his myspace with a new girlfriend. He even has her name tatooed on his arm, so why is he doing this show and wanting gretchen back? I am curious to see this show and what he has to say.

October 24, 2007, 5:54 pm CDT

Danny

Quote From: aunt2ten

I like Danny and I just saw a picture on his myspace with a new girlfriend. He even has her name tatooed on his arm, so why is he doing this show and wanting gretchen back? I am curious to see this show and what he has to say.

danny you were a great actor and you have a lovely wife and 2 great kids.

i hope that you can save your marriage as it can be the most wonderful and important thing in your life.

you wife has gone threw every thing with you, she has stood by you and now it's time for you to grow up and be the man that you shou;d be. you should pray that she will want to hold on to your marraaige and be thankful for the childern that you have

October 24, 2007, 6:51 pm CDT

10/26 Devastating Divorce

Quote From: mariannerlewis

I MAY BE THE ONLY PERSON IN THE WORLD BUT I REALLY DON'T CARE ABOUT DANNY BONADUCE. I get tired of watching/listening to how people with huge advantages go on the rocks - again - and again - and again. Not something I care about. I would rather see programs about people who have never had a chance, get one and then make good.

I agree with you there.  I dont usually watch the shows that have celebrities on them.  I love the shows that deal with real people that really do need the help.  Danny is just another child star that got into drugs and alcohol. 

October 25, 2007, 11:45 am CDT

What is right for the kids?

I know Danny loves his wife thier is no question and I believe that she loves him but he has to truely want to help him self.  When he can make that discion for himself then I believe they can move forward. Gretchen has those kids to think of and what kind of role model she wants them to have. Unfortunatly they have already done unrepairable damage to those kids it does not need to be made worse. I am in a simiuliar situation luckly my kids are 2 and 6 months and I have been separated from thier father since my 2yr old was 7 weeks.  If it were only my choice I would be with my husband I love him dearly, but he is a self loathing alcoholic and I have learned after 11 years of being with him that I can not change that.

October 25, 2007, 7:03 pm CDT

I agree with a couple of posters on here...

I ,myself, am getting a bit tired of the Danny drama. I personally WONT be watching the show. Sorry Dr.Phil!

Celebrities get married, have hardships, just like any other married couple in America. The ONLY big difference is that they are "celebrities" and just that!

IMHO, Danny's "celebrity" stature went away after the reality TV show he did. His "15 minutes of fame" is LONG gone and I personally think that IF Dr. Phil wants to help his and his wife with thier marriage off camera's, then more power to them and Dr. Phil.

October 26, 2007, 5:52 am CDT

Forgive Danny

I know Danny Bonaduce has made a lot of mistakes, However, I think he loves his wife, He has seemed genuinely hurt in past tv shows over thier divorce. I dont know the details of what happened with these two.However it really doesont seem like anything that is not fixable. Ive seen Danny admit many times that some things that happened in the marriage are his fault, That is a lot more than many people would do. I was with a man for many years who lied , drank, mistreated me and my family, he has never apologized and he never will. At leat Danny has admitted his faults.That is always the first step to healing, The person who is in crhonic denial is always the person who needs help the most, and  who will probably never get it .

October 26, 2007, 7:36 am CDT

Danny's other addiction

His addiction of listening only to his OWN VOICE. He is not even willing to listen to Dr. Phil. I think Danny's real need is to learn how to listen before he speaks. To listen and take time before he makes rash decisions or comments. It just may be hopeless for him because he only listens to himself.

What a tragedy. He could make his life better. Not going to happen because he won't listen to anyone but himself. One question Danny " How has that been working for you "

October 26, 2007, 8:41 am CDT

Booooo!

Shame on you, Danny!

I had to turn off the show midway.....I was so tired of the phony whining, and the posturing and the "always on" playing to the audience! I don't think one real thing came out of his mouth.

'He actually had the nerve to say to his wife that if she died he'd take a date to her funeral! Wow! and then he wonders why she left him. My only real question is why did she stay with this loser for 17 years?? What a waste of time! Like Dr. Phil says: "the only thing worse than staying in a bad relationship for 17 years is staying in it for 17 years and one day!!"

I wish her luck and speed finding a GOOD man!

And I hope Danny finally finds out that before you can offer anyone anything in a relationship you have to first get right with yourself. He has never done that. A person should be an asset in a relationship...not a liability!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last