Message Boards

Topic : 06/09 Devastating Divorce

Number of Replies: 216
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 19, 2007, 01:52:54 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

Original Air Date: 10/26/07) What do you do when you’re desperate to hold onto your marriage but your spouse wants out? Dr. Phil’s guest, Danny Bonaduce, became famous as a child star but is now infamous for his very public bad behavior -- loud outbursts, drug addiction and cheating on his wife of 17 years. When Danny last spoke with Dr. Phil, his marriage was on the rocks, but he was learning to live sober and inspire his wife, Gretchen, to trust him again. Now, a year has gone by, and Gretchen has filed for divorce. Danny says Gretchen is the love of his life, and he doesn’t want their marriage to end. But is it too late? Dr. Phil meets with Gretchen separately to find out if there’s still a sliver of hope for them to hold onto. After hearing from Dr. Phil and seeing clips of Danny's conversation, will Gretchen give their relationship another shot? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 20, 2007, 10:04 am CDT

Danny & Gretchen fan

I'm a fan of Danny & Gretchen's, as well as their two kids.  I know they love their kids, and I truly believe they love each other, they just need to calm down, and learn how to live together in a loving, committed relationship. Easier said than done.

Help them, Dr. Phil, they have a lot to move forward together for.

October 20, 2007, 10:37 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Devastating Divorce Doctor Phil. Divorce is one thing but having two or three divorce is enought. See you --on Monday October 29th, 2007- Friday November 02nd, 2007. On Saturday change your clock back to Pa---

cifice Standard Time Zone before you go to bed. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-----------------------------

October 20, 2007, 12:14 pm CDT

Time to get a new job!!

Danny Bonaduce has made a career out of being a bad boy and now an incorrigibly angry man.  He obviously has no respect for himself and definitely has no respect for those around him, including his wife. It might be time for Mr. B to do something with his life and make a contribution to the world.  Being a bad boy celebrity just isn't enough anymore.

October 20, 2007, 3:05 pm CDT

Danny Is Crazy

REALLY ,

HE HAD IT ALL...

A WONDERFUL WIFE , WHO BY THE WAY .. JUST IS FED-UP !

A VH1 TV SHOW .. SHOWING DANNY GETTING HELP AND LOOK AT HIM NOW ...

I AM A BELIEVER THAT , YOU ONLY CAN HELP YOURSELF , WITH YOUR OWN BEHAVIOR.

HE CAN GET HELP... A LIFE OF BAD BEHAVIOR ... WHAT DOES THAT DO FOR HIS CHILDREN ?

GRETCHEN DID  WHAT SHE HAD TO DO ... I DON'T BLAME HER ONE BIT !

HOW DO I KNOW .... I AM A RECOVERING  AND WILL ALWAYS BE RECOVERING FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE ... I TELL MYSELF EVRYDAY ...I AM ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES .. WHO  CHOSE TO STAY SOBER !  IT'S NOT EASY ... ONE DAY AT A TIME ...  HE IS YOUNG ENOUGH TO CHANGE .. BUT ONLY HE CAN CHANGE .. I   DO WISH HIM GOOD LUCK WITH HIS LIFE ... BUT , THE WIFE HAD TO DO WHAT SHE NEEDED TO DO ...  WHICH WAS TO MOVE -ON ... ALL THE BEST TO HIM & THE FAMILY .

October 20, 2007, 4:03 pm CDT

Hang in there Danny

Please be assured you are not alone. I don' t know what it is with women these days. Statistics say a higher percentage of women file for divorce first. Usually around the time the last child is out of the house.

I have been separated for almost two years. On December 2, 2005 my wife of 26 years sat me down and asked for a divorce. I refused and asked that we separate (since she had already rented her own apartment). I have been trying ever since to get her into counseling but she refuses.

Just this past June on our 28th anniversary (we've been together 31 years), I relented to a divorce because it was obvious she still wanted out. You go through every emotion you would have if someone had dies. At times I feel like I'm losing my mind. The problem is she's still out there and enjoying her life, or so it seems.

The biggest mystery to me is why. Every time I ask her I get a different answer. I believe that things turned about 14 years ago when she recalled she had been raped at the age of 6 and twice again as a child. She won't get help for that either and it has affected our relationship. Her adult children avoid her because of the personaity disorders she has developed (or maybe has always had).

I call it giving in but not giving up.  If she would get help, the door is wide open to her coming back. As for myself I can't work on my issues unless I know what they are. The biggest thing is I suffer from (inherited) depression and I have sought help for that.

Danny, all men can be pricks at times because we're pushed to our limits of being dominated. We're men! We want to be respected because we are the king of our castle. Despite if we treat our women like queens, women today want to be king too.

Hang in there Danny. Don't give up. Fight for your marriage because it is the right thing to do. Don't give into the "Hollywood" standard of marriage for show and not commitment. I'm with ya' brother!

Jeff Arnett

October 20, 2007, 4:05 pm CDT

10/26 Devastating Divorce

I have been on both sides of this issue. It is hard for both to see the other sides issues. I believe Danny really is scared now that Gretchen means business and really wants to change. Maybe he cant. Gretchen is just fed up, done. What took her soooo long? Mostly, I believe that when women are done then that is it they are done. No going back. I hope they do get it together though. Maybe give Danny one more chance. Unless she really feels the physical love is gone. That can determine the whole end of things.  If the emotional is gone it is over.

October 20, 2007, 4:14 pm CDT

Danny!!!!1

I grew up watching you Danny. You and the Brady Bunch were my saviours. I guess you stepped into reality as well as I. Try hard to save what you got. For you, Gretchen and the kids. I have been on both sides of this issue. Sometimes, when it is over, it is over. She may still love you and want to try. She is a goddess to have put up with what I have seen! No disrespect intended, but I would have kicked your ass out a long time ago. It is painfully obvious how much you love her and how much she hurts ( watching your reality show) the kids adore you. However, most times when a women is done she is done. This is because  a woman will put up with a lot for a long time. Then one small thing and she is done. It was not the small thing though it was the build up of it all. Stick with the Doc though. I was a guest on the Dr. Phill show for something far less important then this and Iswear he really does care and does follow up on you after you leave the show, and I was not even a celeb! Take care Hope all turns out well

October 20, 2007, 6:06 pm CDT

I don't know?

Quote From: tea4ular

I'm a fan of Danny & Gretchen's, as well as their two kids.  I know they love their kids, and I truly believe they love each other, they just need to calm down, and learn how to live together in a loving, committed relationship. Easier said than done.

Help them, Dr. Phil, they have a lot to move forward together for.
 I am not sure this one can be saved? He is very intense and she may be very much better off on her own!

October 20, 2007, 6:12 pm CDT

Your right!

Quote From: ravenc7

REALLY ,

HE HAD IT ALL...

A WONDERFUL WIFE , WHO BY THE WAY .. JUST IS FED-UP !

A VH1 TV SHOW .. SHOWING DANNY GETTING HELP AND LOOK AT HIM NOW ...

I AM A BELIEVER THAT , YOU ONLY CAN HELP YOURSELF , WITH YOUR OWN BEHAVIOR.

HE CAN GET HELP... A LIFE OF BAD BEHAVIOR ... WHAT DOES THAT DO FOR HIS CHILDREN ?

GRETCHEN DID  WHAT SHE HAD TO DO ... I DON'T BLAME HER ONE BIT !

HOW DO I KNOW .... I AM A RECOVERING  AND WILL ALWAYS BE RECOVERING FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE ... I TELL MYSELF EVRYDAY ...I AM ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES .. WHO  CHOSE TO STAY SOBER !  IT'S NOT EASY ... ONE DAY AT A TIME ...  HE IS YOUNG ENOUGH TO CHANGE .. BUT ONLY HE CAN CHANGE .. I   DO WISH HIM GOOD LUCK WITH HIS LIFE ... BUT , THE WIFE HAD TO DO WHAT SHE NEEDED TO DO ...  WHICH WAS TO MOVE -ON ... ALL THE BEST TO HIM & THE FAMILY .

I think you are right about this one! I am all for marriages working out but with what I see in Danny he needs work on his own that could take a very long time! He doesn't seem to put his all into it and if he is trying to do it for them it will not work as he needs to do it for himself! There is no quick fix to this one, good luck Dr. Phil!!!!

October 20, 2007, 9:09 pm CDT

10/26 Devastating Divorce

I am a big fan of Danny. I used to listen to him every morning. Gretchen inspired me to work on my own relationship. I commend her for being so strong. I live in a very similar situation but my other half would never seek help. ( Especially from Dr. Phil.) Sorry! I truly hope that Gretchen gives him another chance. I feel that any man who is willing to listen to Dr. Phil is worth that much! I have been with mine for sixteen years and have been trying to get out for a year and two months, but now he doesn't want the same thing!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last