Message Boards

Topic : Defining Your Authentic Self

Number of Replies: 7819
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, July 07, 2005, 11:20:02 am
Author : dataimport
Have you read "Self Matters" or become familiar with the process of uncovering your authentic self from watching the show? Share your story here.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 24, 2005, 4:21 pm CDT

The First Step

Well, it is true that you can't change what you don't acknowlede but when you look at the question, what amI not satisfied with in my life and your answer is nothingis ever good enough well haaaaaaa how in the world doI change that!!! I mean sure I know it's possible but well yeah I don't know what I am talking about. LOL

You have taken the first step in finding your authentic self by coming to the boards and asking the question.

For many stories have a look in the Archives - however the journey that I started to find my authentic self commenced 3 years ago and whilst I am now comfortable within myself and my world I keep finding new things about myself - the journey will continue for me for the rest of my life.

And I think that is what it is all about for life is a journey and happiness is not a destination it is a part of the journey.

Like most of those who come here I worked on Dr Phil's Self Matters and Life Strategies books - the work was long and exhausting but the result - which was me and my authentic self - was worth it.  Give it a try.

I think one of the main things to remember - is that you should not try to define yourself by what you do or where you live or what you have - the real and true definition of who you are lies deep within - not in superficial world.

July 24, 2005, 4:32 pm CDT

Self Matters Jul 25

Dr. Phil's Self Matters Monday July 25

Your hopes and dreams are far more valid than your doubts and fears.

July 24, 2005, 4:35 pm CDT

Defining Your Authentic Self

You have taken the first step in finding your authentic self by coming to the boards and asking the question.

For many stories have a look in the Archives - however the journey that I started to find my authentic self commenced 3 years ago and whilst I am now comfortable within myself and my world I keep finding new things about myself - the journey will continue for me for the rest of my life.

And I think that is what it is all about for life is a journey and happiness is not a destination it is a part of the journey.

Like most of those who come here I worked on Dr Phil's Self Matters and Life Strategies books - the work was long and exhausting but the result - which was me and my authentic self - was worth it. Give it a try.

I think one of the main things to remember - is that you should not try to define yourself by what you do or where you live or what you have - the real and true definition of who you are lies deep within - not in superficial world.

Yeah i know that it doesn't matter what the superficial world thinks and well with a lot of things about me in my life it demonstrates that i am like so what if you don't like it.  Then there is me who says you should have done better, that's not good enough, what's your problem and all those things that just say hey your not good enough you need to do better.  It can be over the dumbest things that i get so mad at myself for and then i have already reacted to myself so well then haaaaa yeah..

I am so glad that I do matter but actually sometimes i feel kind of angry about it.  I think that is really strange but haaaaaa yeah!!!  Iknow that it is the me who is deep inside that defines me but i just have a real hard time seeing it no matter how many people tell all those things they see. 

July 24, 2005, 5:08 pm CDT

Self Matters

Hello everyone, I am so happy to see this message board. I have been struggling for years trying to find out who I am and why there is always something tugging at me to listen. I started read Self Matters a few days ago and it was amazing - it was like the book was written about me. I am looking forward to all of the hard work that is going to be involved to find out who I am. I look forward to talking with all of you for inspiration and advice.

Kelsie

Kelsie,

Just curious what the jist of Self Matters is - is that the goal of the book, to help you find your authentic self??   Glad you posted this, I may just have to go out and buy it!! 

Jen

July 24, 2005, 9:36 pm CDT

It's good to be back

It's good to hear from everyone again. I missed checking in everyday, and getting LS's daily thought provoking quotes.  Haven't taken the big hike yet, but I think it's getting close. Everybody, continue to send your thoughts and prayers out to Lynn618, she could use them.

July 25, 2005, 2:50 am CDT

hi pal

It's good to hear from everyone again. I missed checking in everyday, and getting LS's daily thought provoking quotes. Haven't taken the big hike yet, but I think it's getting close. Everybody, continue to send your thoughts and prayers out to Lynn618, she could use them.

Hi Ritehere,

It is good to see you back on the board, your input is always refreshing to read and your wisdom is clearly something i acknowledge and look for.

Thank you for your kinds words for Lynn i sure will say a prayer for her.

Have a nice day

Sincerly Lyne

July 25, 2005, 5:04 am CDT

Self Matters

Kelsie,

Just curious what the jist of Self Matters is - is that the goal of the book, to help you find your authentic self?? Glad you posted this, I may just have to go out and buy it!!

Jen

Hi Jen, yes Self Matters is a Dr Phil Book about how to find your authentic self.  It is extremely interesting.  I am just getting to the exercises right now - I am looking forward to it.

Kelsie

July 25, 2005, 5:09 am CDT

Stepmar

Hi everyone,

I am new to this message board. I have come to the realization that I need to find my true authentic self and am not really sure where to start? I would love to hear some of your stories! Any advice would be appreciated!

I have been on this journey all my life I think thats why we r here to find our authentic self. Its the journey that makes us grow in spirit and mind.And we help others along the way,as we do we move up to another level of learning just like in school.Our lifes r a constant state of learning.When we learn all we need to learn here, we move onto death which is just the beginning.And a higher level.So good luck on ur journey as well.

July 25, 2005, 5:16 am CDT

stepmar

Well, it is true that you can't change what you don't acknowlede but when you look at the question, what amI not satisfied with in my life and your answer is nothingis ever good enough well haaaaaaa how in the world doI change that!!! I mean sure I know it's possible but well yeah I don't know what I am talking about. LOL
Well don't change the sense of humor.l0l. It is definatly part of ur authentic self.

July 25, 2005, 5:56 am CDT

Hello to All

I have just discovered the message board .I too have been finding myself, and what a wonderful thing it's been.I'm on this great Journeyof discovery.   Chr.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last