Message Boards

Topic : 03/19 A Model's Dangerous Marriage

Number of Replies: 322
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 26, 2007, 02:55:30 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 10/31/07) It was the picture–perfect wedding -- a model marrying the handsome man she says treated her like gold. But after a few years of marriage, Kevin and Heather are in a dangerous relationship. They constantly yell, scream and fight, and their home life has gotten so bad that Heather says Kevin has picked her up by the throat, thrown her to the ground, held her at knifepoint and even taught their 3-year-old daughter to call her the C-word. You won't believe where their daughter ends up during the chaos! Kevin says Heather is the one who gets in his face, and she needs to stop being so controlling. He claims he's a changed man, but should she trust his behavior now? The Dr. Phil show installed cameras in their home. Why does Dr. Phil say the footage caught on tape is frightening? And, their moms weigh in on the situation. Should Heather spend another night under the same roof as Kevin? Her uncle offers her a safe place to rest, but will she take him up on the offer, or return home with the man she says could kill her or her daughter? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 31, 2007, 1:24 pm CDT

get out

you are nuts leave cps should be involved if she dont leave they should take the kids. i hate to say that but its true. i think she does like it thats why she stays. alot of woman do.

October 31, 2007, 1:27 pm CDT

models dangerous marriage

i want to know why they even got married thats all i want to know?????  she is a cute little kid...

October 31, 2007, 1:29 pm CDT

The Child

Do you think that because you brought this child into the world physically that you can take away her innocence and childhood?  The two of you ought to do her a favor and give her to someone else to raise!!!

October 31, 2007, 1:31 pm CDT

Heather's Behavior

Quote From: amberlynnq

Which one is the model? He is better looking than she is, but that's beside the point. She is as much to blame as he is, if not more. At least he is keeping it real! It was apparent that she is a phony. They both need help. They both need parenting classes. He just seemed really sincere and she seemed all for show. I have faith that he can and will move past his anger. He can do so much better. And she needs to be a better mother. Good luck. 
I agree with you about Heather.  She is as much to blame as he is.  She constantly nags him and baits him into arguing more.  He tells her to leave, but she doesn't.  She just likes to fight.  She acted like everything was his fault and she just brought him on the Dr. Phil Show to show America what a rotten husband she has.  Well, true, I wouldn't be married to him, and he does have anger issues that he definitely needs to work on.  Heather never really owned up to her part in all of the conflict.  Kevin was much more honest even though he didn't out looking all that good.  But he took ownership for his part.  She never did.  A family member should take Penelope until both Heather and Kevin get serious counseling.  It's a shame, but I don't think they should stay married.  They don't love each other.

October 31, 2007, 1:33 pm CDT

10/31 A Model's Dangerous Marriage

Quote From: ayee007

So many things I want to say...

- I lived in a household just like this. Mom was the instigator and dad had a short temper. I am now 23 years old and now that I look back, I have so much in common with their daughter. I have resentment towards my parents and try to avoid them as much as possible.

- Heather is PLAYING the victim role. She provokes him and blames him for his reactions. My mom used to do that to my dad and never took the blame for the damage in their relationship.
- Kevin's use of Christ and salvation is not new for me. I have seen so many of those and I once was in his shoes. He claims that he is saved and uses scripture to fight for his cause but lacks to see that the scriptures also have words for his actions. He is using the lord in vein and he is doing nothing but lying to himself. Salvation is giving your life to God and using your life to glorify him. What in his actions glorifies the lord?
- Heather brings the child into this because she needs someone to be on her side. She doesnt physically contribute to the fight but she nags and instigates to Kevin's breaking point at which, she brings in the daughter to let her see her father in a negative way. SHAME ON YOU HEATHER. you are a horrible mother and you are doing this to get your daughter on your side. Being in your daughters shoes, I want to tell you that if you keep exposing yourself as a victim and provoke your husband, your daughter will eventually see that YOU are just as evil as he is.
- Kevin, I want to talk to you from a spiritual standpoint. One thing I want to ask you, do you pray as much as you read the bible? I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but atheists read the bible. However, the difference is that Christians pray and focus on the word of God instead of using what you read to find faults in others and defend your wrongs. I am quite young and not married, but I have seen everything you have done and are going through. As a man, I think you need to realize that you are the leader of your household and you set the example. The fall of man starts with Adam and Eve, when Adam couldn't take responsibility for his actions. Instead he tried to blame Eve. You are doing the same. You need to fess up to your wrongs and stop saying, well if she didnt do this, I wouldnt respond that way. This is a test of your character. If you really did trust and love the lord as much as you say you do, you would realize that God is throwing this at you to test your love for him. If you continue on the way you are, you will not be in God's favor, despite what you think. Read the book of Job, I think you can relate to it well. I read it when I had my rough times and it has helped immensely.
i agree she is playing the victim when its both of them its not just his or her fault...they are both at fault, The fall of man starts with Adam and Eve, when Adam couldn't take responsibility for his actions. Instead he tried to blame Eve. You are doing the same. You need to fess up to your wrongs and stop saying, well if she didn't do this, I wouldn't respond that way.i like how you put that because if people could think like that things like this wouldn't be as bad as they are. i know one of my best friends mom is like that she was a single mother and lucky for them they split up before it ever got as far as it has with this couple...some people arn't so lucky...

October 31, 2007, 1:35 pm CDT

WOW

This little girl needs to leave fast. I have been in her shoes and it took me 9 months to figure out this was no good. I have had a gun to my head and broken ribs because of this man. So I can relate to her situation and she just needs to leave and move on. He will never change. 

October 31, 2007, 1:45 pm CDT

i agree to point

for the most part i agree with Dr Phil, but the don't hit a woman who is hitting the man. That's crap....woman wants equal rights, they want the same treatment. If a male punched you in the face, would you just stand there and take it or would you defend yourself. I have 3 son and little woman, and i tell the to defend themselves.....now i do think Kevin is wrong or hitting or choking her....He should do like most men, leave and relax. My wife is also one of those women that has to have the last word, but i have an outlet. It's called PS2, and when it's playing I listen to no one.

October 31, 2007, 1:52 pm CDT

Husbands response to uncle

Hi, my husband and I were very disturbed by this show. It is right to get the two of them apart, especially for the sake of the little girl but also for the wife's security.

Our alarm clocks went off seing the husband's response to moving his wife and daughter to her uncle. The uncle seemed like a very nice and sincery man and would probably a safe place to fall for both, mother and child, but as soon as that was mentioned the husband got very angry and it was clearly to see that he was scared to loose his 'control' over both. A controled and monitored visit would be probably a good thing to have control over both parents actions.

The mother suffered obivousely severly abuse growing up and is still in the victim role, her husband takes advantage of this situation and things just get from bad to worse.

I saw danger in his eyes as he got right away upset with the living solution and that scared me...
He is right now not someone I would trust and the wife probably chose what she knew... abuse and being in the victim role. She needs to learn to break out of this and learn to heal, for herself and for her daughter, otherwise she will repeat this again and again.

I think a supervised visitation is the only possible thing right now. I look forward to seeing how things will proceed.

Thanks.

October 31, 2007, 1:56 pm CDT

Children do remember

Until I was approx. in the third grade I lived in an extrememly abusive home.

Example of how much a person remembers; not to many years ago I had a boss that had a habit of yelling and swearing at certain employees and every time I was within earshot of these explosions I would cringe, it was almost as if I had flashbacks to when my parents fought in front of us kids that usually led to violence. I left that job for that very reason.

Thanks Dr. Phil for being there for so many people that have real problems and thank you for standing up for the children. I wish there had been someone there for me and my siblings to stand up for us.

October 31, 2007, 1:58 pm CDT

A Model's Dangerous Marriage

I AGREE WITH DR PHIL WHEN HE SAID THAT HEATHER SHOULD GO STAY THIS HER UNCLE FOR A WHILE TO GIVE KEVIN AND HEATHER A COOLING OFF PERIOD.  IF THEY DON'T GO I THINK CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES SHOULD BE CALLED. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last