Message Boards

Topic : 03/19 A Model's Dangerous Marriage

Number of Replies: 322
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 26, 2007, 02:55:30 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 10/31/07) It was the picture–perfect wedding -- a model marrying the handsome man she says treated her like gold. But after a few years of marriage, Kevin and Heather are in a dangerous relationship. They constantly yell, scream and fight, and their home life has gotten so bad that Heather says Kevin has picked her up by the throat, thrown her to the ground, held her at knifepoint and even taught their 3-year-old daughter to call her the C-word. You won't believe where their daughter ends up during the chaos! Kevin says Heather is the one who gets in his face, and she needs to stop being so controlling. He claims he's a changed man, but should she trust his behavior now? The Dr. Phil show installed cameras in their home. Why does Dr. Phil say the footage caught on tape is frightening? And, their moms weigh in on the situation. Should Heather spend another night under the same roof as Kevin? Her uncle offers her a safe place to rest, but will she take him up on the offer, or return home with the man she says could kill her or her daughter? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 31, 2007, 1:59 pm CDT

10/31 A Model's Dangerous Marriage

Quote From: jasimom

I agree with you about Heather.  She is as much to blame as he is.  She constantly nags him and baits him into arguing more.  He tells her to leave, but she doesn't.  She just likes to fight.  She acted like everything was his fault and she just brought him on the Dr. Phil Show to show America what a rotten husband she has.  Well, true, I wouldn't be married to him, and he does have anger issues that he definitely needs to work on.  Heather never really owned up to her part in all of the conflict.  Kevin was much more honest even though he didn't out looking all that good.  But he took ownership for his part.  She never did.  A family member should take Penelope until both Heather and Kevin get serious counseling.  It's a shame, but I don't think they should stay married.  They don't love each other.
i have to agree they don't need to put that child in the way of all there fighting, dr.phil is right no matter how much she pisses him off he should gather him self and walk out before something goes very wrong like he said he's not to far from doing something stupid and you can't take back stupid...i agree also he took ownership in his part and she didn't seem like she even knew what dr.phil was saying like it was going in one way and right out the other with out even thiking about what he was telling her.

October 31, 2007, 2:00 pm CDT

Good for Dr. Phil!

Leave it to the good old doc to hit the nail on the head again! I was SO HOPING he was going to tell those two to split because they are within seconds of total meltdown. I'm not sitting on my high-horse in judgement of them, I was in a very bad marriage and I know how bad it can get. They are both out of control and like DR. Phil says they need to defuse!

October 31, 2007, 2:11 pm CDT

Are You Kidding Me?

Two adults one uping the other while a child sits absorbing the language, anger, fear, self destruction and we are concerned with what the parents should do?  Who cares! Do whatever you want , you are making the choice to go after each other but that poor baby girl needs to be removed from that enviroment immediately.  Save her from the two that are suppose to love and nuture her.  It is more than obvious that the parents have made it a goal in their life to destroy each other mentally,physically & emotionally.  Whatever state that family resides in I hope you watched today and save that child before she is harmed any further.  God Bless & Keep You Penelope    

October 31, 2007, 2:16 pm CDT

Right Fighter

Thank god Dr. Phil could see how transparent this woman is.

The husband has said many dumb things, and done many dumb things.  I find it hard to believe, however, that any of those words/actions are from his core of who he is as a person.  He's merely learned from his wife that abuse is the drug she needs to go on her merry way, and she will not stop until she gets her dose of it.  Stupid on his part for giving in to such a sick game.

She's not a battered wife. 

A battered wife gets wrath for reasons that have nothing to do with her.

This abuse has everything to do with her.  She wants it.  She craves it.  She's "right" when she gets it.

The pride she exuded as she said one nasty thing he said/did after another was sickening.  She might as well have said "Right right right right right, Im so right." 

Whatever their arguments are about, she knows if she takes it to the next level and her husband stupidly gives into her game it will deflect any wrong doing on her part.  He hit/namecalled, he's ultimately wrong.

She knows this.  She banks on it.  Thats how important being right is to her.

He doesn't strike me as the kind of person who would, for power, threaten his wife with prostituting out their daughter.  He strikes me as someone who's figured out that it takes something as sick as that to be said in order for his wife to end this madness and get lost.  He's merely lazy, partly stupid, but she's the one here who's sick in the head in my estimation.

That may be due to her past, which sounds awful, but it certainly explains her desperation to fill her own sick needs at the expense of her relationship and her child. 

I hope she gets the therapy she needs because she will do the same thing again with the next person. 

October 31, 2007, 2:27 pm CDT

subjects of argument

What were these two fighting about?  Dr. Phil mentioned she was a "right fighter".  I guess I would describe myself in that way when the "wuz" and I fought.  He didn't think he needed to earn a living for the family but live on welfare and watch TV all day.  I got mad.  Who's right?  So, what's she angst about?

October 31, 2007, 2:32 pm CDT

What about equality?

I agree with others about this. If women want equality then so be it! If a man hits me I will hit back, and women who want equality are not entitled to any special privileges. They already control all the sex and now they want to control everything else. Talk about greedy!! If a woman ever hit me I would deck her. Dr. Phil you are way off on this one.

October 31, 2007, 2:40 pm CDT

concern for mom too

This is not as easy as she just needs to leave him and protect her daughter...who is going to protect her??

He doesn't want her to go to her uncles because he won't be able to see his daughter, he doesn't care about her, he just wants to have controll over his wife and if she trys to leave he will tell her if she does he'll break her arm or face or shoot her or something to intimadate her. There is no escape from a man like that accept a bigger man or a gun. Dr Phil I hope you can read between the lines here, this girl is sceaming for help but can't say it out loud, because if there is no help forth coming and he gets ahold of her,  there will be hell to pay.

October 31, 2007, 2:49 pm CDT

incredible

The first thing I have to say..it doesn't take a genius to figure out that those two need to split.
The second thing is I don't think either parent is fit to take care of that child....Dr.Phil said the mother was an abuser..which she is because she is naive, clueless and very irresponsible.  That child will be a mess 15 years from now....you know the old "adult child" syndrom...here's another victim thanks to imature parents.
Child protective services should step in and that child should be in foster care until both parents get their screws tightened.  I'm so sick of wacked out mothers and fathers keeping their kids....if you can hit, yell, choke, punch a human being especially the parent of your child and do it in front of that child, you don't only need psychological help you need to not have children.  NEITHER PARENT SHOULD HAVE THIS CHILD

October 31, 2007, 2:55 pm CDT

Yep, Very Dangerous

If that man says that he is a Christian-he his a liar! People say that they are Christians and they don't even live up to it. Being  all "religious" for that man is just an exucse and he should really read and I mean really read the Bible again. I feel sorry for him because he is fooling/ lying/deceiving himself :(

As far as the woman, she needs to take her daughter and leave him now!!! I feel so sorry for their daughter and I hope that she heals from this situation.

October 31, 2007, 2:57 pm CDT

A Model's Dangerous Marriage

Quote From: amberlynnq

I believe  this man doe not love or care for you, i am sorry to break this to you but this man does not really care what damage he will do or  cause to you or your child. He knows exactly what he is doing and will not stop untill he succeeds. if he really loved you he would not put you through all this.

Do not subject your child to this kind of pain and suffering ,take the child and leave. You should protect youself and the child at whatever cost.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last