Message Boards

Topic : 03/19 A Model's Dangerous Marriage

Number of Replies: 322
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 26, 2007, 02:55:30 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1

(Original Air Date: 10/31/07) It was the picture–perfect wedding -- a model marrying the handsome man she says treated her like gold. But after a few years of marriage, Kevin and Heather are in a dangerous relationship. They constantly yell, scream and fight, and their home life has gotten so bad that Heather says Kevin has picked her up by the throat, thrown her to the ground, held her at knifepoint and even taught their 3-year-old daughter to call her the C-word. You won't believe where their daughter ends up during the chaos! Kevin says Heather is the one who gets in his face, and she needs to stop being so controlling. He claims he's a changed man, but should she trust his behavior now? The Dr. Phil show installed cameras in their home. Why does Dr. Phil say the footage caught on tape is frightening? And, their moms weigh in on the situation. Should Heather spend another night under the same roof as Kevin? Her uncle offers her a safe place to rest, but will she take him up on the offer, or return home with the man she says could kill her or her daughter? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 27, 2007, 10:55 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Dangerous Doctor Marriage Model's Phil. That is a lnger title that I ever of it. Doctor Phil I like you alot.-------

See you on Thursday November 01st, 2007. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.----------------------------------

October 27, 2007, 5:05 pm CDT

She should leave

She should move if she fears for the life of her child and herself.  She probably says "But I love him!!!"  Love won't keep her alive if you fear the one you "love".

October 28, 2007, 12:23 am CDT

That also drives me crazy!!

Quote From: scorpio21

She should move if she fears for the life of her child and herself.  She probably says "But I love him!!!"  Love won't keep her alive if you fear the one you "love".

As soon as I hear a battered, abused woman, esp. one with children say "but I love him!" my smypathy goes directly down the tubes.

If you are lacking the self respect to think of yourself, at least be a decent mother and think of your child.

Sheeh!!!!!

October 28, 2007, 2:38 am CDT

I Do Not Care

I Do Not Care What reason he or she gives as to why they put their hands on their wife or husband. It is wrong, and there is no way, reason, or thought you can give me for fighting in front of your child or children. Do these people not understand the pure damage they are doing to their child or children. Do they not understand that they are ripping the child's mind and body apart.

These people need their children placed in a safer place, and they need allot of time apart. in fact I vote for a immediate divorce. I believe that if it has become violent physical then the marriage is over, and there is no Sorry, Forgiving, or returning from that type of harm. It's over, and it time to say Goodbye to all. Now the only thing left is to fix the damage done to the child or children, and to make a serious go of never repeating the damage to them again. Period, NO HITTING!!!!!

October 28, 2007, 5:29 am CDT

She needs to leave ASAP

From my own experience with this I can tell you it doesn't get better. The only way it can is with some serious help. Psychologically and spiritually. I feel if she really want's to work on the marriage then why not live in seperate homes until she feel's it safe.  Child welfare need's to get involved and force her hand in this situation. If she won't leave at least take the child out of the situation.

October 28, 2007, 6:01 am CDT

physical abuse

Get out, get out, get out, I was once a victim of a 'one time' physical explosion after a 10 year marriage; by  the Grace of God I live today! that is the only explanation I can allow! I was so hurt, I can barely walk from all the damage done to me! a one time attack!! I hope that woman wakes up, my belief is people don't hurt the ones they love period! My parents raised all of us to beieve that, somehow I married someone who controlled his rage for the 10 year, except as I look back I am able to see signs I ignored, but when he snapped in his black rage, he nearly killed me! Please get out, once they have hit you, you are always thinking and so are they that they can beat you again! At least my parents brought me up that way, Iost my parents already and loved them to the fullest and have no regrets in their lives, except the fact that they are gone! They did a wonderful job of bringing up us kids! To the lady & your daughter, get out and get help, and all the abusive monstors should be arrested and placed into a cage/jail; that is where anything that is attacking you belongs!

October 31, 2007, 6:50 am CDT

Duh

I believe any woman who will stay with a man who abuses her and then starts on the child as an infant is enjoying the victim status and doesn't want to leave.  I know there are people who can't leave an abusive relationship but he's ask her to leave many times.  She says she fears for the child, actions speak louder than words.  Do something to end the abuse.

October 31, 2007, 7:35 am CDT

10/31 A Model's Dangerous Marriage

I must admit I am having a hard time feeling sorry for Heather.  She seems like an immature attention  seeker who is addicted to attention in whatever form she can get it.

What's so hard about leaving?  The man keeps trying to get away from her all the time.  She knows he is capable of slapping her around, yet she continues to wlak directly into those fist again and again.  If he says leave him alone -  THEN LEAVE HIM ALONE!  What's so hard about that.  MOVE.  Get A restraining order.  Get a gun!

Guess what Heather, you are raising a daughter that will up expeecting to get the **** beat out of her all the time too!  Think of who the REAL victim is - your daughter.

What are they both there for?  There is no love between them and clearly he feels like she ruined his life by having the baby ( I guess he feels he had no part in the pregnancy!).

If you need a thrill, go ride a roller coaster, don't destroy your daughter's life.  Where are the grandparents?  somebody needs to take that baby!!!

October 31, 2007, 8:03 am CDT

A model's dangerous marriage

Which one is the model? He is better looking than she is, but that's beside the point. She is as much to blame as he is, if not more. At least he is keeping it real! It was apparent that she is a phony. They both need help. They both need parenting classes. He just seemed really sincere and she seemed all for show. I have faith that he can and will move past his anger. He can do so much better. And she needs to be a better mother. Good luck. 

October 31, 2007, 8:05 am CDT

10/31 A Model's Dangerous Marriage

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last