Message Boards

Topic : 06/12 Teacher Sex Scandal, Part 1

Number of Replies: 352
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, October 26, 2007, 03:01:39 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/01/07) Dr. Phil explores a disturbing trend: Female teachers engaging in sex acts with their underage male students. The number of accusations has doubled in the past five years. You've probably heard of famous cases like Mary Kay Letourneau, and Debra LaFave and the recent case of a teacher in Southern California, Meredith Johnson Vincent, who was arrested on suspicion of having a sexual relationship with a 14-year-old boy. Dr. Phil meets one teacher who has chosen to fight back. Joelle Ogletree was a respected high school French teacher until she was accused of sexual misconduct by three of her students. Find out what goes through a mother's head as she faces 160 years in prison. Plus, the Dr. Phil show speaks with one of the boys who says the sexual improprieties absolutely did happen and claims he passed a polygraph examination. When he agrees to take another test for Dr. Phil, what do his answers reveal? Joelle has been banned from even volunteering at her daughter's school because of the accusations. Should she be allowed back in the classroom? Watch and decide: Do you believe her ... or her students? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 1, 2007, 1:31 pm CDT

Christians and Hypocrasy

Much to be said for keeping a good face when it comes to the church!  So many of us but on the masks before we even enter the church building. I have no doubt that this boy's whole church knows the situation and they will never back down now.  They would much rather sacrifice this woman's reputation than to admit that maybe their son has been dishonest and needs God's forgiveness. They will never be perfect so why act as if they are. I know without a doubt I am a sinner saved only by God's grace and I am far from being perfect!  I believe this boy may be hiding behind his parents and the church and his sin will find him out. If he truly loves the Lord his conscience would bother him so much he would lose sleep over it and have to repent....but if he doesn't know the Lord it wouldn't bother him a bit.  I believe if his parents would be less worried about their appearance and reputations he might confess the truth and come clean with them.  There should be enough love in the Christian body to forgive...that's what we're called to do!

November 1, 2007, 1:31 pm CDT

11/01 Teacher Sex Scandal, Pt. 1

Quote From: verdun50

Dr. Phil:

I believe, after watching only 3/4 of Part 1, that this teacher is innocent.  I do not understand why you would expect her to be showing any other emotion that the 'matter of fact' one she is displaying.  This woman has been through this over and over again and I'm quite sure she is still very angry about this situation but she realizes that a display of anger is of no value any longer so she is telling you the plain facts - it's just that simple.  I wouldn't expect any more of her; why are you?

Heather

Whitby, Ontario Canada

I absolutely agree with you.  I felt the exact same way.

Denise

November 1, 2007, 1:37 pm CDT

Quote From: right_is_right

She is the 2nd teacher with in 3 years that has been fired from the Glen Rose district for having inappropriate relations with a student.  That teacher went on his way and she should too.

Just because she spent a bunch of money on a high priced lawyer to get her acquited does not mean she's innocent.  For example, we all know OJ is guilty for a double murder, but he was found not guilty in a court of law due to her expensive defense team.  Money can and will get you out of most any jam.

I've seen a lot of teachers 'go on their way" because they were guilty.  I don't believe she is.  100K is 2 years salary for her, that was chump change for OJ, not even a comparison.

November 1, 2007, 1:41 pm CDT

she is SO GUILTY!!!

I am very good at telling when a person is not telling the truth and she is guilty!!!   There is NO WAY I would want her to volunteer at my son's school!!!!  

Details Details

This boy can remember the color bra this lady had on but when Dr. Phil asked how old he was when it happened he said 14 or 15? That seems odd that he can remember a bra color or a skirt type and not remember how old he was at the time! Just an observation!

teachers

My grade 7/8 tutor was really really really hot.... she was married though... i think this french teacher is totally lying... she did it and dr phil is gonna find out

November 1, 2007, 1:47 pm CDT

Scandal part 1

She did not take a plea deal I personally think she is innoccent by what I have heard today.  The boy did pass a polygraph the first time but not the second.  What was the difference in questions asked on the first one? 

My kids have two different teachers that could easily be accused of stuff like this not because they are doing anything sexual but because they talk  to the students in class about the rock concerts they attend and how they stay up all night playing video games and hanging out partying. They are both trying to be liked by the students they teach. They are both very imature teachers and this kind of behavior seems inapropriate for a class room. A student who has emotional problems could mistake their trying to be a best friend behavior as flirting. They attend one of the top U.S. High Schools this behavior is everywhere it's very sad. 

Quote From: labelfree

100 percent!

My mother was a teacher for over 28 years and my father was on the board of education, (and)

I CANNOT BELIEVE that this school district will not allow her back in the classroom,   nor allow her to do free work at her kids school!

WAKE UP AMERICA  this is that school district's way of not paying up  it's all about the GOD ALMIGHTY DOLLAR   $$$$$$$>>>>>>that this teacher is entitled to and this is the reason why she isn't allowed back! 

I agree steps should have been taken to remove her from the classroom UNTIL the court system and charges all were cleared!  NOW THEY ARE and they do not know HOW to let her back.  They are at a stalemate because LAWYERS ARE INVOLVED NOW AND THAT DISTRICT SHOULD PAY THIS WOMAN AND HER FAMILY  MILLIONS OF DOLLARS!  Or settle before it goes to court.

If I were you  start getting this issue cleared up!  TEACHER WITH THE $$$$ You will be getting I hope YOU WILL NOT GO BACK TO THIS  district and teach!  Go to a private school or better yet write a book about this then go on speaking engagements to various colleges and warn future teachers as to what you went threw!  RECLAIM YOURSELF GIRL!  YOUR NOT TARNISHED ANYMORE  anyone who watched today can see what liars these kids were!

I dont know about Texas, but here in Massachusetts, the settlement that could come from them not allowing her back into the district and convicting her without evidence would cripple the district.  If the district that I work in had to pay out 2million to a lawsuit settlement it would shut down our school district which would enrage everyone that the district forced this thing to go to court after  firing her without proof or proper evidence.  I dont understand what happened to innocent until proven guilty.

Scandal part 1

She did not take a plea deal I personally think she is innoccent by what I have heard today.  The boy did pass a polygraph the first time but not the second.  What was the difference in questions asked on the first one? 

My kids have two different teachers that could easily be accused of stuff like this not because they are doing anything sexual but because they talk  to the students in class about the rock concerts they attend and how they stay up all night playing video games and hanging out partying. They are both trying to be liked by the students they teach. They are both very imature teachers and this kind of behavior seems inapropriate for a class room. A student who has emotional problems could mistake their trying to be a best friend behavior as flirting. They attend one of the top U.S. High Schools this behavior is everywhere it's very sad. 

November 1, 2007, 1:48 pm CDT

She is doing the right thing by taking a stand not only for herself but for her family and her dignity. She obviously really cares about her self respect. Most cases that I’ve been hearing lately hasn’t went threw extreme lengths to try and fight back of what she owns and that’s what she’s doing and I look up to her for that because really a lot of people would be freaked out by allocations and too scared to stick up for herself and what she believes in. This kid is lying and anyone who thinks other wise is in denial I can always tell when they are a lying because they are a bad lire he doesn’t even have his stories straight!! He didn’t even pass the pathetical test. And then that other kid backed out so we know he was lying! Go Joell fight!!!!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last