Message Boards

Topic : 03/13 DNA Dramas

Number of Replies: 421
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 02, 2007, 11:42:49 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/05/07) Dr. Phil tackles the emotionally-charged topic of DNA tests. Over 300,000 paternity tests are done every year, 100,000 of which actually prove a father has been previously misidentified. Dr. Phil’s guest, Terrie, claims one of her grandchildren does not look like any of the men on her side of the family, and definitely not like her son, Adam. Terrie has called her daughter-in-law, Diane, a "bald-faced liar" and "a crazy woman," and Diane says her mother-in-law is dead to her! Is Terrie just a meddling mother-in-law, or is she right in thinking her son is not her grandson’s biological father? When Dr. Phil reads the results of a top-notch DNA test, will her fears be legitimized or put to rest? And what will they mean for the feuding in-laws? Then, meet Kristie, who says that after a brief affair, she found out she was pregnant. When she told the father, she says he changed his phone number and disappeared … until Dr. Phil found him. A hidden camera captures the moment when a Dr. Phil’s investigator tracks down the alleged father-to-be -- and you won’t believe his reaction. Will he take responsibility? Or will Kristie’s next rendezvous with her former paramour take place before a judge? Share your thoughts here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 5, 2007, 8:20 am CST

THIS DAUGHTER IN LAW IS 100 percent right!

This "MOTHER IN LAW" is pure evil!  She should not be given the privilege of know her "step" granddaughter  or grandson.

Children are blessings from GOD and its so obvious this control freak mother in law doesn't need to be around these miracles! 

She will stain them with her own obvious issues.  No wonder why her son holds back from her!  She probably abused her own children when they were young!

Don't give in daughter in law....I am proud of you!  You also held strong with your "label" of BP!  You came off really well today girl! 

Your husband is really lucky to have such a strong dynamic woman as a wife and mother of his child!

November 5, 2007, 8:23 am CST

Oh being an absent "grandma"

Quote From: pszychojoe

In watching the show it's obvious who the crazy ones are.....and it's not you Grandma!

Making up stories....""Oh that baby doesnt look like our family"

Wanting her son to get sick of his wife......

Calling a step granddaughter names....

ARE YOU RELATED TO THAT GRANDMA?

Maybe you come from a similar "crazy" family!

GOOD DAY

November 5, 2007, 8:34 am CST

Suing for love

That girl who had the brief affair with the married guy who took off...Didn't she ever hear of birth control? I frankly have very little sympathy for either of them. She should have used birth control, and insisted he use a condom. How did she know she wasn't going to catch something. Unless she wanted to get pregnant in order to hook this guy into a relationship and financial support.

November 5, 2007, 8:46 am CST

11/05 DNA Dramas

This cross posting businesses is confusing,lol. Gloria Allred was last weeks Rose*

Today's wonderful  subject is the Granny who has decided to cross on over to a show that  has far more class and  no acting , Dr. Phil, compared to Maury Povich, who i have no respect for. She is a detailed human being who is simply a strange bird.

No grandmother should ever get into the business of their sons/daughters and do this to their own grandchild or any child no matter what. She needs help and probably needs totally banned from the house or monitored until she can behave accordingly around the child. I do not believe in keeping children from the grandparents.

This is so hard and  heartbreaking for the daughter in-law and heart breaking for the son to have to  simply say " mother you need help"  and be firm and calm without yelling at her.

I know that the daughter in-law might find that part a bit harder as the mother in-law would be a challenge for sure.

This is none of the mother in-laws business whether the child is her son's or the man on the moons, she is out of her  league and intentionally causing harm to a marriage , mostly a child who is suppose to trust the most precious memory of his life, granny.

November 5, 2007, 8:51 am CST

I feel for that couple!!!

I have in-laws that are evil like that women, they call my 2 kids names, and cause way too much drama in our home. We are also a blended family with my 2 and his 2.  I wish my in-laws would but out of our life. Diane I feel so bad for you, I have the same problem as you (bipolar), and my in-laws drive me flippin nuts!!! Your husband is alot like mine too, after all I know they love their parents, but they make him nuts too. I hope Dr. Phil helped you both out, and I'm so happy that now she knows the truth about your son. Maybe my in-laws will get a life and leave us alone.

November 5, 2007, 8:59 am CST

"/Real" Dad

The "REAL" Dad in any child's life is the man who is raising him/her!  Give it a rest, this man seems to be the onne responsible for his child and not matter the results of DNA testing is the "REAL" Dad.

Those of us with adopted children, step children, extended families of what ever type no who are the "REAL" people in a child's life...........and I for one really get upset about the "REAL" title being thrown about. I am my daughter's Mom even tho she does not look like me, my husband is her Dad even tho there is no family resemblance.  Please, people, watch your phrasing!

November 5, 2007, 9:05 am CST

Kristie

This is how it is done in Washington State:

Since she is having problems with the possible parentage of baby, the courts will order a DNA of the said father.

He will be court ordered and will not pay one cent until his paternity is established.

IF he refuses to atke the paternity test, the judge deems that as "possibilty high"

the courts will persue him as a legal father/parent and WILL go after his pay check. he will not be able to have a drivers LIC if he is behind in support and will not be able to get a passport if behind in child support. ALSO, they will take property in this state, housing and  cars. I suggest that all people, men and women in Washington state cooperate with OSe and do as they are told.

My daughter has been there done that as she is the paying parent.

Now, I always suggest to the young /older men to take the DNA test as this is foolish not to. Foolish to say and immature to say that you were " SET UO" too.

Think about it

1. no one can set you up

2. you were there

3. never believe anyone when they say they cannot get pregnant or they are sterile

4. always use a condom

5. you were there 50% of the time and not a victim

6. abortion is not a form of birth control

7. if the woman wants to keep the baby she should have that option

8. anyone who says that an abotion is what should have taken place or that you were set up needs a load of growing up to do

50/50 is the thing here 2 humans were there and it takes to people to have SEX and two people to use a condom and 2 people to show control

Many states are adapting Washington state laws now, we have some of the strictest laws in enforcing child support laws and also can enforce help with college to a child to ages up to ages 27 years of age have them on our medical insurance and helping out with dorm costs.

My oldest son did this with his father and myself and he was on a scholarship. The judge ordered we both had to split the cost , so we did.

We are responsible for these kids are future.

My oldest son is incredibly successful and graduated from Cornish by the way.

Children are an investment and not an error and should not be fought about in court, that is why this BS in courts fighting over such things as " She tricked me "

I call foul on.

November 5, 2007, 10:16 am CST

DNA Dramas

Quote From: crystalwhe

The "REAL" Dad in any child's life is the man who is raising him/her!  Give it a rest, this man seems to be the onne responsible for his child and not matter the results of DNA testing is the "REAL" Dad.

Those of us with adopted children, step children, extended families of what ever type no who are the "REAL" people in a child's life...........and I for one really get upset about the "REAL" title being thrown about. I am my daughter's Mom even tho she does not look like me, my husband is her Dad even tho there is no family resemblance.  Please, people, watch your phrasing!

I agree with Crystal. "Real" is a hell of a lot more than mere biology. Any two mammals can make a child. Its the ones who are raising that child that make them the parents, not the "birth parents."

November 5, 2007, 10:36 am CST

Monogomy People ! try it

While I agree ths grandmother was indeed a shrew, she had a valid point.  The mother asdmitted having had an affair.  Last week Maria also admitted having had an affair. 

If you are unhappy in your marriage do you really think that having an affair is somehow going to help?? my husband has been the one and only man in my life since we started dating and it wouldn't have mattered who our daughter (2yo) looked like I KNOW who her father is because I have been MONOGOMOUS for 5 years.

November 5, 2007, 10:49 am CST

11/05 DNA Dramas

Quote From: crystalwhe

I fully agree with you! I don't think that DNA should even matter at all. Any man can lie down with a woman & be a sperm donor, but it takes a real man to raise a child & to be called "dad". My birth father left us (me & my mother) after I was only about a year old. I had a few father figures in the past (not stepfathers, because my mother didn't marry any of them), & they were helping me, my mother, & my half-sister out!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last