Message Boards

Topic : 06/19 Finding Alex

Number of Replies: 187
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 02, 2007, 11:49:16 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/07/07) How do you get through to rebellious teens who think they are invincible? When Alex and her mother, Kim, last appeared on the show, Alex was an out-of-control 14-year-old who was using drugs, running away and prostituting herself to older men. The family, along with Kim’s sister-in-law, Enza, moved into The Dr. Phil House for an intervention. After attending a therapeutic academy, it seemed like the teen was on the road to recovery. But shortly after returning home to her mom, Alex was back to her bad behavior and having sex with strange men –- some of whom she met on Craigslist! She went on the lam again, and Dr. Phil recruited investigator Harold Copus to hit the streets of Seattle to find her. When Harold confronts the teen, Alex has a major meltdown, then comes clean about the risky behavior she engaged in while living on the streets. She admits to having unprotected sex with up to 50 men, so Dr. Phil has her examined for STDs and pregnancy. What will the tests reveal? Then, Alex refuses to return home to her mother. Will there ever be reconciliation, and will Alex be able to get her life back on track? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 7, 2007, 12:36 pm CST

to Kim

As a very loyal viewer of the Dr Phil show, I am appalled that you threatened to sue him and the show after everything they've done for you.  There's no telling the amount of money, the time and the emotional investment he has given to your family.  And after this you come to him for help?  Dr Phil earned even more respect in my eyes for how kindly he treated you on this show.  Even though he didn't ask for an apology, as a fan of the show I'm asking you Kim to show gratitude, remorse, and class by apologizing to Dr Phil and his staff.

Tess

November 7, 2007, 12:55 pm CST

11/07 Finding Alex

this girl seriously needs some help and a HUGE wake up call. i could see runnning away a couple times, but there's no need to go prostitute yourself...that's just  uncalled for. i hope she straightens out, and fast.

November 7, 2007, 1:03 pm CST

11/07 Finding Alex

The kids today are so smart, how is it possible that  some run away from home into this life style.

HOW MUCH FUN IS IT TO BE FORCED TO HAVE SEX WITH SOME OLD GEEZER, TO BE BEATEN,

AND TO BE IN GRAVE DANGER FROM VIOLENCE AND STD'S?

It so stupid. I don't care how bad it is at home, talk to someone at your school or church, just don't do it kids! 

DON'T RUN AWAY!...

November 7, 2007, 1:04 pm CST

Ungrateful!

I can't believe how totally ungrateful the mom is!! To actually threaten to sue Dr. Phil? Does she have any idea how many people would kill to have him help their daughter the way he has and is going to do again with Alex?? It's clear that Alex could care less and will only run away when given the opportunity. Something is definitely off with the mom. I can only imagine what went on when Alex was a child to get her to this point. She obviously has no respect for her mother and there has got to be a reason for that.

I think she needs to be grateful that Dr. Phil cares enough to give Alex another chance!

November 7, 2007, 1:15 pm CST

What happened to the Anorexia show on Friday

Hello..sorry to post this in the middle of this discussion but I didn't know where else to post.

I have been waiting and waiting for the show about anorexia on Friday and now I see there is a potential program change.

I don't know what to do. I am almost 50. I was anorexic as a teenager but nobody really knew what it was. I got past it and did okay, more or less. Now I am heading back down towards 100 pounds and and am over 5 foot 7 inches. The first time I went down to 85 pounds. I have never had treatment and can't afford it myself and my husband won't pay for it.

I look and feel horrible.

Sorry to intrude. I am looking for help and am so scared as are my teenagers and mom and husband.

Thanks for letting me post. Even this helps a little:)

November 7, 2007, 1:17 pm CST

11/07 Finding Alex

I UNDERSTAND WHAT ALEX IS GOING THROUGH.  BEING IN AND OUT OF PROSTITUTION SINCE I WAS 15. NO MATTER HOW MUCH PEOPLE WANT TO HELP HER, SHE IS GOING TO FEEL ATTACKED. HER MOM CAN'T GIVE UP!MEN ARE GIVING HER WHAT SHE THINKS SHE NEEDS. THE ONLY PERSON SHE IS GOING TO LISTEN TO IS MEN OR SOMEONE WHO WENT THROUGH THE SAME THING. THIS IS JUST MY EXPERIANCE

November 7, 2007, 1:21 pm CST

11/07 Finding Alex

This 'child' needs to be put away somewhere and get some common sense drilled into her.  Not only Alex, but her mother as well.  Alex needs to have some therapy, but so does her mom.  If this was my child, I would never in my life EVER let her leave the house again, I don't care if I had to chain the windows and doors.  Obvioulsy the mother doesn't care enough about her child to do this.

November 7, 2007, 1:27 pm CST

help for Mom

The look and lack of emotional affect onKim is very troubling to me. Is she getting help for herself? She seems frozen in her expression, shell-shocked, to the point where she looked wooden in embracing Alex. Kim looks extremely traumatized. I hope someone is helping her too.
I wish them healing and reconciliation.

November 7, 2007, 1:30 pm CST

How about the other girl?

I think her name was Teresa.  She is 20  years old and a prostitute.  Dr. Phil even said the the girl had given up on herself but wanted to save Alex.   Does anyone else think that she also deserves to be saved?  I found myself feeling more for her than Alex.  She allowed herself to be put on TV to help someone else.  HELP HER, Dr. Phil.  Please.

November 7, 2007, 1:31 pm CST

I'd like to recommend

I'd like to recommend to the mother a book I recently read, that I think she can relate to.

The book is Called-  "Come Back: A Mother and Daughter's Journey Through Hell and Back
, written by-  Claire Fontaine (Author), Mia Fontaine (Author) 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last