Message Boards

Topic : 06/19 Finding Alex

Number of Replies: 187
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 02, 2007, 11:49:16 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/07/07) How do you get through to rebellious teens who think they are invincible? When Alex and her mother, Kim, last appeared on the show, Alex was an out-of-control 14-year-old who was using drugs, running away and prostituting herself to older men. The family, along with Kim’s sister-in-law, Enza, moved into The Dr. Phil House for an intervention. After attending a therapeutic academy, it seemed like the teen was on the road to recovery. But shortly after returning home to her mom, Alex was back to her bad behavior and having sex with strange men –- some of whom she met on Craigslist! She went on the lam again, and Dr. Phil recruited investigator Harold Copus to hit the streets of Seattle to find her. When Harold confronts the teen, Alex has a major meltdown, then comes clean about the risky behavior she engaged in while living on the streets. She admits to having unprotected sex with up to 50 men, so Dr. Phil has her examined for STDs and pregnancy. What will the tests reveal? Then, Alex refuses to return home to her mother. Will there ever be reconciliation, and will Alex be able to get her life back on track? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 7, 2007, 2:24 pm CST

11/07 Finding Alex

Quote From: sieglinda

I think her name was Teresa.  She is 20  years old and a prostitute.  Dr. Phil even said the the girl had given up on herself but wanted to save Alex.   Does anyone else think that she also deserves to be saved?  I found myself feeling more for her than Alex.  She allowed herself to be put on TV to help someone else.  HELP HER, Dr. Phil.  Please.
I too felt my heart going out to this girl....at 20 years old she too has alot of life left to live and it rippe me apart to think that she felt Alex was too good for this lifestyle but she wasn't. Mayb Dr. Phil can step into this young girls life and offer her a second chance too. She deserves it!!!

November 7, 2007, 2:29 pm CST

finding alex

Quote From: deja126

I watched the last show about this kid and her mom and I think the problem is dear old mom. It seems to me the mother just wants Alex to raise herself and stay out of the moms way. What ever happened to good parents? Why can't she love her daughter enough to keep her home? I think the mom needs help more than Alex. I think Alex needs a stable home life away from her family because up until now her mom seems to be doing a crappy job. Learn to treat your children with love, treat them how you would want to be treated by a parent if you were a child. THINK, LEARN LOVE your kids

I would ask why society always blames the parents when it comes to these out-of-control kids? I have been dealing with my daughter since she was 13 with doing whatever she wants to do! I have been to the police, the courts, and even Family and CHILDRENS SERVICES and nobody wants to help me. My 15 year od daughter continues to be in trouble with the law, she even had 22 charges in one night including and arson to a car. the police pick her up druk at 3 in the morning and do not even phone me, they drop her off at friends house where she is not permitted to be by her probation. How can people continue to blame parents when the parents beg for help and they have to handle things alone?

Juanita

Amherst , NS Canada

November 7, 2007, 2:30 pm CST

Agreed!

Quote From: deja126

I watched the last show about this kid and her mom and I think the problem is dear old mom. It seems to me the mother just wants Alex to raise herself and stay out of the moms way. What ever happened to good parents? Why can't she love her daughter enough to keep her home? I think the mom needs help more than Alex. I think Alex needs a stable home life away from her family because up until now her mom seems to be doing a crappy job. Learn to treat your children with love, treat them how you would want to be treated by a parent if you were a child. THINK, LEARN LOVE your kids
I had a bad feeling about this Mom from the get go on the first show. She is trying to act like the concerned Mom, but in fact seems like the "party Mom". I'd love to see Dr Phil really get on to her!

November 7, 2007, 2:35 pm CST

Shame on you Kim!!

Kim is an ungrateful witch. Families all over this country would crawl over broken glass to get the help and resources that you've been given. And all you can do is gripe, complain and whine to Dr. Phil and his staff !!!!!! Aside from your messed up daughter, I hope this is the last time we ever see you on that stage.

November 7, 2007, 2:44 pm CST

11/07 Finding Alex

Alex thinks this is all big joke, I feel like there is little hope for her.  Some people never learn.

I  know she is a minor, but  still...

November 7, 2007, 2:52 pm CST

Message Boards

Quote From: tatshank

Hello..sorry to post this in the middle of this discussion but I didn't know where else to post.

I have been waiting and waiting for the show about anorexia on Friday and now I see there is a potential program change.

I don't know what to do. I am almost 50. I was anorexic as a teenager but nobody really knew what it was. I got past it and did okay, more or less. Now I am heading back down towards 100 pounds and and am over 5 foot 7 inches. The first time I went down to 85 pounds. I have never had treatment and can't afford it myself and my husband won't pay for it.

I look and feel horrible.

Sorry to intrude. I am looking for help and am so scared as are my teenagers and mom and husband.

Thanks for letting me post. Even this helps a little:)

I think if you check the message board categories, you will find a place to talk about eating disorders. Good luck to you.

November 7, 2007, 2:58 pm CST

Oh well...

You can't help people who don't want help.  At this stage she needs to see street life at it's worst.  If she wants to be a nasty, ugly, disgusting human being, there's not much one can do to stop her.  She needs to be reminded that horrible things happen to stupid little girls everyday!  Of course, I don't wish it upon her.  If she finally decides to be a smart, sensible, responsible, young woman, then I wish her all the best!

November 7, 2007, 3:00 pm CST

Audacity!

The audacity of Alex's mother Kim to think that Dr. Phil did not do enough for her daughter to the point that she was going to sue!!!!!!!!!!!!!  He had them in the Dr. Phil house then had Alex in a treatment program for 9 months worth hundreds of thousands of dollars and she has the nerve to say that Dr. Phil adandoned her and Alex and she is going to sue? Alex is a brat! Dr. Phil can't work miracles on everyone. Take some responsibility yourself Kim! At least you were afforded resources that many parents only wish they could get.

November 7, 2007, 3:01 pm CST

A Survirvor of this:

I am a survivor of this with my daughter. I am not sure what went wrong. My husband was a part of her life the whole time and active and  living in the house with us. This started at age 13 and went on until she became 18 . I had some real long nightswondering where she was and how she was doing. She is now 29 years old and has a husband and 2 kids. She was also diagnosed with Bipola and was ADHD while in school. She has at one point given her husband hell too. She was getting disability at one time. But all of a sudden social security has said this is not a disability and she is still on the medication for depression and is not able to hold a job. I am now suffering with IBS (Irritable Bowel Syndrome) and trying to get my disability because I will be like this for the rest of my life and I have had no luck. This came from having a neverous stomach for so long.  This will for ever affect this young lady and also her Mom too.  I would like to be a part of a show about this and tell how much it costed my family and my daughters life now.

November 7, 2007, 3:01 pm CST

11/07 Finding Alex

Quote From: shutter50

Kim is an ungrateful witch. Families all over this country would crawl over broken glass to get the help and resources that you've been given. And all you can do is gripe, complain and whine to Dr. Phil and his staff !!!!!! Aside from your messed up daughter, I hope this is the last time we ever see you on that stage.
I completely agree with you! I would not have been as kind as Dr. Phil was in the face of her accusations.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last