Message Boards

Topic : 06/19 Finding Alex

Number of Replies: 187
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 02, 2007, 11:49:16 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/07/07) How do you get through to rebellious teens who think they are invincible? When Alex and her mother, Kim, last appeared on the show, Alex was an out-of-control 14-year-old who was using drugs, running away and prostituting herself to older men. The family, along with Kim’s sister-in-law, Enza, moved into The Dr. Phil House for an intervention. After attending a therapeutic academy, it seemed like the teen was on the road to recovery. But shortly after returning home to her mom, Alex was back to her bad behavior and having sex with strange men –- some of whom she met on Craigslist! She went on the lam again, and Dr. Phil recruited investigator Harold Copus to hit the streets of Seattle to find her. When Harold confronts the teen, Alex has a major meltdown, then comes clean about the risky behavior she engaged in while living on the streets. She admits to having unprotected sex with up to 50 men, so Dr. Phil has her examined for STDs and pregnancy. What will the tests reveal? Then, Alex refuses to return home to her mother. Will there ever be reconciliation, and will Alex be able to get her life back on track? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 3, 2007, 5:49 am CDT

Lucky Alex

That the Dr Phil show has continued to  interene on her behlaf yet again. Hope that this time she accepts some responsibility fosome positive life changr her own behavior, and is far enough away from poisonous 'aunt' Enza to make some positive life changes. I have watched many teens spiral during  my yrs in education, hope this kid makes it.

November 3, 2007, 8:57 am CDT

11/07 Finding Alex

I watched the last show about this kid and her mom and I think the problem is dear old mom. It seems to me the mother just wants Alex to raise herself and stay out of the moms way. What ever happened to good parents? Why can't she love her daughter enough to keep her home? I think the mom needs help more than Alex. I think Alex needs a stable home life away from her family because up until now her mom seems to be doing a crappy job. Learn to treat your children with love, treat them how you would want to be treated by a parent if you were a child. THINK, LEARN LOVE your kids

November 3, 2007, 9:04 am CDT

You will find Alex when you find God

I was a rebellious teen...  My parents were going through a divorce when I was 12, so by 13, I was doing my own thing, coming and going as I pleased.  My father told me a deep secret about his life and I didn't know how to handle that.  So for two months following, I ran away, snuck out of the house, and smoked pot, started smokiing cigarettes.  I really was a lost cause.  I had cousins's, aunt's and uncle's trying to talk to me but the main reason why I did all that was because my father was always absent.  He was absent in the beginning and whenever he was around, it was only to buy me stuff.  I had the best stuff a kid could ever want.  But having the best stuff doesn't bring happiness. Then he would be gone again.  My mother was a housewife so she was lonely and miserable.  I was so bad that when my father left to be with his girlfriend, I almost killed her, a few times.  I was even sent to the Philippines (that's what parents used to do when kids were bad, send them back to the homeland).  But I attempted to kill my step-mother then too.  I've seen many psychologists, psychiatrists, counselors, and went to a half-way house for run aways but I just ran away from there too.  But the biggest problem was that my parents never WENT with me to these doctor's.  They just dropped me off.  My father left, then when I turned 18, my mom finally kicked me out of the house.  I had nothing, no money, no job, no place to live, I was out on the streets.  Luckily I had friends to take me in and they made me go to church.  Well, at 23 I got pregnant, and I was living with her father then, trying to make things work.  But when that relationship took for the worse, I was back, alone, on my own, no place to live.  Until my cousin said to try something... to pray.  I figured I had nothing else to lose being 6 months pregnant, no job, no place to live, nothing...  So I prayed.  I'm 38 now, and I can't be anymore happier ever in my life now that I have Jesus Christ.  It was that day when I found God, I found me!  I feel their pain...I will be praying for Alex and her family... God bless! AT

November 3, 2007, 9:14 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show

Alex Doctor Finding Phil. Well Well Well here we go again finding Alex. Good luck Doctor Phil and hoping---

that you find her and bring her back to Doctor House Phil. See you on Wednesday November 06th, 2007.--

Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

November 3, 2007, 9:55 am CDT

help alex

alex needs to be put somewhere safe while she works on her issues a place with clear choices, consequences,and an opportunity to earn priveledges.

November 3, 2007, 10:37 am CDT

11/07 Finding Alex

This revelation didn't surprise me really.

I thought even from the first one that Alex was playing the Doc and everyone else.

November 3, 2007, 1:28 pm CDT

Where is the dad?

Anyone who saw the first first show. Is there any mention of the the father? If so, what did they say?
Thanks!

November 3, 2007, 2:32 pm CDT

Oh That Poor Girl

Quote From: ceildh1

This revelation didn't surprise me really.

I thought even from the first one that Alex was playing the Doc and everyone else.

Teenagers have so much pressure and troubles now a days. I have a teenage boy and last year he was stepping over the line a bit. I could see this was trouble soon if I didnt nip it in the bud. I am a single mother and have been since he was born. You have to keep your eyes wide open and be aware of any changes in them and no where they are at all times. I check on him all the time. He hates it but oh well. I am sure if I wasnt watching so closely, he would be in some kind of trouble today. He does only have one parent and therefor, I have to give him all the love he needs. I keep communication open with him as much as I can. These kids are messed up today, society is not helping things any either. We sometimes cause our own problems. Children are always going to be children and they need more love and attention than ever before. Dig deep and do what you can for them. Love them through thick and thin, you always need love and support from your parents. I am not saying that what she doing is right but someone needs to look real deep and see where her issues and pain are.

November 5, 2007, 7:00 am CST

11/07 Finding Alex

Quote From: calgaryisme

Teenagers have so much pressure and troubles now a days. I have a teenage boy and last year he was stepping over the line a bit. I could see this was trouble soon if I didnt nip it in the bud. I am a single mother and have been since he was born. You have to keep your eyes wide open and be aware of any changes in them and no where they are at all times. I check on him all the time. He hates it but oh well. I am sure if I wasnt watching so closely, he would be in some kind of trouble today. He does only have one parent and therefor, I have to give him all the love he needs. I keep communication open with him as much as I can. These kids are messed up today, society is not helping things any either. We sometimes cause our own problems. Children are always going to be children and they need more love and attention than ever before. Dig deep and do what you can for them. Love them through thick and thin, you always need love and support from your parents. I am not saying that what she doing is right but someone needs to look real deep and see where her issues and pain are.

And I agree, teens need to be WATCHED, god knows.

And I agree that this child has pain and issues that go far deeper than we can imagine, but I didn't think then she was ready to accept the help being offered (I'm curious to hear what Mom has to say ), or wanted it, personally I thought she was there to humor everyone else.

Well, we'll see Wednsday, bgut unless she truly accepts and more importantly WANTS the help being offered, it won't happen.  Sad thing that.

November 5, 2007, 7:49 am CST

i am going the same thing but not as bad

i have 14 year old who is give me problems her ROTC at school has helped some but the constant fight over the kids with my ex him trying to take them so he don't need to pay child support i was finally able to get her a  little help. so lets see if it work i feel for them all. i know my house stays in a up roar because of her and if she dont get her way hell break lose.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last