Message Boards

Topic : 06/02 Banned From the Wedding

Number of Replies: 2261
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 02, 2007, 11:50:57 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/08/07) A bride-to-be takes on her future mother-in-law in an ugly feud that has torn a family apart. The wedding day is fast approaching and the best man has resigned, the aunt has disowned the groom, and the wedding planner is on alert to call the police if the mother-in-law shows up -- which she’s threatened to do! Michelle says she cannot stand her future mother-in-law, Jane, whom she thinks has a sick and inappropriate relationship with her son, Jay. Jane thinks Michelle is a cold-hearted “you know what” who has stolen her only son. She says unless they hire a hit man, they can’t stop her from being at the wedding. Jay stands by his fiancée, which is why his whole family is saying they won’t attend the wedding. Has Michelle manipulated Jay? What happens when the mother of the bride and the soon-to-be mother-in-law come face to face for the first time in four months? Can Dr. Phil cut through the drama and heal this family feud? Tell us what you think.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 5, 2009, 7:51 pm CDT

jane (the mother in law who was uninvited to her son Jay's wedding)

I have never felt sooooo compelled to write before.  Jay needs to get a back bone and honor his mom.  He is being Aloof and it is not becoming.  Michelle your man is weak.  But most of all I want to say that Michelle is nothing but a vindictive immature self-centered little girl if ever i came across one.  Where on earth is her respect.  I totally support Jane, and if she watched the first show's taping 5 times as Dr. Phil suggested it would only confirm to her how snivelling and petty her daughter in law to be is.  Dr. Phil must have surely seen through her manipulative and controlling behaviour.  Why didn't Dr. Phil hold Jay more accountable?  I agree with Jane that she got nothing out of being on the Dr. Phil show because Dr. Phil sat way too much on the fence instead of seeing it for what it was.  Clearly Jane was emotionally distressed, yeah she did some wrong stuff too but i could feel her anguish.  Did you see one ounce of emotion, remorse or wanting things to be restored from Michelle? No!  Michelle just wants Jay all to herself, and her complaints about his mom having an abnormal relationship with her son is absolutely absurd.  Seems Michelle will use anything to keep her Jay away from his beloved mom. Michelle is too young to be getting married. She needs to grow up and stop being so possessive.

First | Prev | 222 | 223 | 224 | 225 | 226 | 227 | Next Page | Last Page