Message Boards

Topic : 06/17 A Daughter in Danger? Part 2

Number of Replies: 956
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, November 08, 2007, 07:39:52 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/15/07) Dr. Phil continues the story of a young woman who made international headlines when she ran away to Palestine to be with a man she met on the Internet when she was just 16. Katherine was stopped by the FBI and brought back home, but two years later and now an adult, she’s left the United States again to be with Abdullah, the man she says she loves and wants to marry. Katherine’s terrified family thinks she is being brainwashed, and may never be allowed to return home. They say they’ve witnessed Abdullah’s violent temper when he’s verbally abused her over the phone. Now, in an exclusive interview via satellite, Dr. Phil speaks with Katherine and Abdullah together. Is Abdullah lying about letting Katherine return home? Is this couple already married? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 10, 2007, 10:48 am CST

Doctor Phil Show

A Danger Daughter In Part Phil Two. Just like one part in Doctor House Phil. See you on Thursday Novem-

ber 15th, 2007. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

November 10, 2007, 1:20 pm CST

Daughter in the Middle East

Most 18 year olds don't understand what it means to love someone and surely her parents warned her that women have no rights in the Middle East.  It's too bad she is going through this and maybe this experience will help her prevent a worse situation in the future.  I am sorry for the pain and suffering her parents are experiencing.

November 10, 2007, 1:22 pm CST

Couple who blew through the inheritance

Why did they need five new cars?  That was a ridiculous waste of the money.  It's their own fault and it was stupid.

November 10, 2007, 6:07 pm CST

Dum da dum..

Chris Fowler......All I have to say.....A trip to the Middle east again might be just what the doctor ordered....Ta da da dum...tada ding ....Tada Boom....

November 11, 2007, 8:21 am CST

I'm surprised that there is nothint

in the news about this here!

Marian Paroo

Tel Aviv, Israel

November 11, 2007, 11:06 pm CST

love on internet

I met my husband on ther internet and he is from Paksitan. But I also didn't rush and meet him with in months. It took me 3 1/2 years before i agreed and went to paksitan to marry him. It is hard because we have two seperate cultures but i love him so much. This girl and everyone should wait and see because it might be just a crush. I took my time and tested him too

November 12, 2007, 3:54 am CST

OH MY GOD

Oh my God, this man doesn't love her at all. I am Palestinian too and I know how the Palestinians in Gaza strip are living… they are looking for any chance to leave Gaza. I believe that Kathrien is very good opportunity to help Abdullah to have American passport and to live in USA in the future.

There are some Islamic groups in Gaza who try to converts the Christians to Islam and persecute the Christians and hate the Americans for being aggressive to us by giving power to Israel.

Last several months a Christian was killed in Gaza strip, his guilt is being Christian serving Christ. I believe that Abdullah is using Katherine and she has to return to her homeland. Love is not everything in the world. Her love to him will not protect her and keep her safe from him. Go to Gaza and you will understand much more. She is in danger indeed. She need somebody to help her.

November 12, 2007, 3:14 pm CST

11/15 A Daughter in Danger? Part 2

Quote From: lutherniveen

Oh my God, this man doesn't love her at all. I am Palestinian too and I know how the Palestinians in Gaza strip are living they are looking for any chance to leave Gaza. I believe that Kathrien is very good opportunity to help Abdullah to have American passport and to live in USA in the future.

There are some Islamic groups in Gaza who try to converts the Christians to Islam and persecute the Christians and hate the Americans for being aggressive to us by giving power to Israel.

Last several months a Christian was killed in Gaza strip, his guilt is being Christian serving Christ. I believe that Abdullah is using Katherine and she has to return to her homeland. Love is not everything in the world. Her love to him will not protect her and keep her safe from him. Go to Gaza and you will understand much more. She is in danger indeed. She need somebody to help her.

i think you're right and i'm afraid to think like that, coz  if someone does this means he is buying his future by a false future and by ruining another persons life

November 12, 2007, 7:21 pm CST

brainwashed

I think this girl maybe brainwashed why would she stay with a dude that is abusive? I think he is just using her to get a greencard. I am betting dollars to doughnuts she had already elopted with this dude.  Her mom needs to get her daughter out of this quick before something real bad happens to her.

November 14, 2007, 2:06 pm CST

This girl needs to come home

I was in a similar situation when I was 17 and the guy i was dating was 24 and was from Afghanistan.  I didn't  want to know anything my family was saying and I was planning on going back with him to his country.  Someone or something must have been watching over me, because he commited a crime here in New York and got deported back to his country.  I was so scared that he was a "criminal" that I never had any further dealings or contact with him... This poor girl is looking for love in the wrong places.  You can see in her eyes that she is not being truthful with her family, Dr. Phil, America and maybe herself. I hope and pray that she uses Dr. Phil's help to come home....Until then I will keep her in my prayers

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last