Message Boards

Topic : 11/26 Katherine Returns

Number of Replies: 521
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 06:03:36 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil follows up with a family terrified for the safety of their loved one, Katherine, a young woman who flew to the Middle East to be with Abdullah, whom she met online. When she last spoke with Dr. Phil, Katherine promised that she would return to the United States within two days, but immediately after the show, she changed her mind. Find out what happened during two failed attempts to get Katherine home, and what finally got her on a plane. Then, Katherine’s mother, Shawn, and sister, Mary, say they were overwhelmingly relieved to have her back safe, so why didn’t they greet her at the airport? Katherine joins her family onstage and offers her tearful apologies. After hearing how her actions have affected her family and Dr. Phil’s staff, will Katherine go back to Abdullah, or will she have a change of heart? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 24, 2007, 12:23 am CST

I agree

Quote From: cuddles05

I THINK THIS ABDULLAH THINKS HE IS SO GREAT BUT HES NOT.WHAT GIVES HIM THE RIGHT TO KEEP KATHERINE AWAY FROM HER FAMILY.I WOULD LIKE TO MEET THIS GUY AND SHOW HIM WHAT CANADIANS ARE ALL ABOUT.HE'D MEET HIS MATCH.WHY DIDNT HER FAMILY MEET HER AT THE AIRPORT.IM DYING TO WATCH THIS SHOW.ITS NOT ON YET IN CANADA HERE,BUT I WON'T MISS IT.THIS KID NEEDS TO GET SOME HELP.
Threw this this whole thing I have said numerous times send him here to Canada will show him how woman fight back . He makes me so angry . Cant wait for the next show monday here in Canada

November 24, 2007, 5:35 am CST

Dangerous Grounds

That little girl has put her entire family in great danger. Does she not have friends here at home. My nineteen year old daugter and I had discussed this families situation. If my daughters friends even if they were not a close friend ever mentioned leaving our country to be with someone she did not know, And In a War zone she would have did all she could to stop her. Does she not have a life here in the states? She must be a very lonley child to have spent all her time  and for years conversing with this looser. Come on Kathrine get it together.... Your putting your family through hell.

November 24, 2007, 10:00 am CST

Doctor Phil Show

Doctor Katherine Part Phil Returns Three. I seen this before Day Thanksgiving. See you on Monday Nove--

mber 26th, 2007. Sincerley Russell Vlaanderen.------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

November 24, 2007, 10:40 am CST

Naive

Is the word for the day! Katherine is definately naive about the world outside of the US. Just from what I have seen, her Mother is obviously not naive, but Katherine is also a teenager. Don't ALL teens know everything/ (said with all the sarcasm you can muster) This is whole situation would be different if Katherine had been 10 years older. She definately has alot of growing up to do. And as Dr Phil suggested when this first aired, Abdulloh is also VERY immature. If he was serious about getting his Visa, that process would have been underway before she got there and probably finished, if not close it being processed by the time she did get there. This whole situation reeks of a teen taking advantage of!

November 24, 2007, 11:15 am CST

Just an idea

Might be an idea to have an authority (psychological or sociological) on Middle/Palestinian culture, possibly someone from that part of the world to offer some input, insight to keep a balanced perspective. Occasional sense from the show that Palestinian or possibly Muslim culture was being villainized or generalized as universally hostile/deceptive. The show was generally balanced but felt marginal opinions watching the show would take chance to have this re-affirm already negative notions on the area.

November 24, 2007, 11:18 am CST

11/26 Katherine Returns

Quote From: terrylee_1949

I have read the replies from people in Canada & Australia and I have to tell you they make more sense then our Government here in the United States. I'm a Ex Captain in the 173d Army Airborne Rangers and I can't believe that I fought and we still have Service men/women fighting and dying, so that our Government can aloow people like this to come and go to our Country anytime they feel like it.  This is Totally Wrong.... Lets' Learn form our friends from Canada, Australia, etc..... His whole family should never never never get another VISA form our Government!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I really think that his family should not be allowed in our country period.

When I saw the shows, I saw the look of an abuser. He has abused Katherine and her family. I'm glad that Katherine got out safely (and with the help of Dr. Phil and his team), but I knew that Abdullah was hiding something. I could tell by his body language and his speech that this guy had something to hide. He has isolated Katherine. If it hadn't been for Dr. Phil, we would have been reading about Katherine's death in the national headlines.

And if Abdullah abused Katherine, Dr. Phil should do whatever it takes to make sure that Katherine and her family are protected, just like he did with Jennifer when she was married to Jeffery.

November 24, 2007, 11:34 am CST

Just an idea,

Being involved in this other Nam the way we are right now, it is not a good idea to let people like this fella inside the country.  If you ever venture into the chat rooms, you will find yourself getting hit on by many middle eastern people trying to make friends, really trying to get over here.  The only people allowed here right now should be those older business people already established here from say 15 or 20 years ago.  No young people unless they are children under five or six needing a perminate home. Or those with US relatives just coming to visit.  There are too many over there being taught all about self sacrifice, what if they get in here, and start blowing themselves up, and us along with them just as they are doing now over in their own country.  On another note, we should let China handle North Korea, it is very unwise to get into another mess, esp. with Asia, and Bush you should not do what you are doing to this country, it's just not right.  We don't need oil over there, after all we are on the same planet, drill in our own oceans, near Alaska, plenty right here, the animals make use of the metal structures we build, and platforms anyway, they get behind them to fight off head winds in wintertime.  Get the heck out of the mideast, our kids don't need to be drying, and fighting it is a lost cause, life is too short.

Just my take,

sf

November 24, 2007, 11:54 am CST

a similar but different story

As a Canadian  I am & have been engaged to a lady in the Pilippines for over 2 years. We met over the internet and have only met f2f via web cam.

I call by telephone regularily & have spoken to her mother several times. My finance` has a daughter who has never known a daddy in her home. However, she now calls me daddy!Yes, I can understand the reasoning of most readers, Dr Phil's included!

Chonalyn, my finance`, and I hold NO secrets! She knows, in DETAIL, my past, which she says "has no bearing on our present or future".

Her mother gives us her blessings, as does her entire family there.

HOWEVER, Katherine's situation is, I believe, entirely different! She has been lead to believe in something that was a total fabrication from the beginning.

In the television interview with her man beside her, I could detect the fear in her eyes as she spoke "freely".

In Katherine's story, the people involved obviously have money.

In my story, there is no money, I live on disability pension with very limited income, Chonalyn knows this.Mine is a totally different story & does not belong on this board. I hope to share it with Dr Phil at another time.

Thanks.   Wayne, Ontario, Canada.

November 24, 2007, 12:01 pm CST

saudi and islamic beliefs

Quote From: edmicequeen

I have been following this story closely as years ago I lost a good friend the same way .

Basically I think this article I will quote from the local paper here says it all .

Mideast   Saudis defend gang rape verdict

Saudi Arabia defended yesterday a courts decison to sentence a woman who was gang raped to 200 lashes of the whip after united states described the verdict as astounding .

The 19 year old Siite woman and an unrelated man companion was abducted and raped by seven men in 2006. Last week the womans sentence was raised to 200 lashes and six months in prison for being alone with an unrelated man.

Obviously the government in those countrys does not protect woman the way they are protected in countries such as the states and canada .

There beliefs are different and there laws are extremely different .

I do understand internet love but I think one has to weigh in cultural differences aswell.

Looking forward to Mondays show .

Actually, Islamicly the men who raped her should have recieved the death penalty and no woman should be thrown into jail for being around a man whom she is not realted to. That is the proper ISLAMIC LAW.

So no, Islamic law protects women very much so. Don't blame our religion for the dumb actions humans. If that were so then i would think bad about christians and others as  AMERICAN soldiers have gone and RAPED and KILLED many young women and their parents and siblings in IRAQ.

Where was thier protection?

November 24, 2007, 12:06 pm CST

????

Quote From: lifeslikethat

I'm from an Arabic background, while I was Born in Australia my parent are Lebanese, and let me tell you an Arab is the last person I would trust, only because I was in a similar situation. I married a man from Lebanon, not long after he got his citizenship we separated and  are now divorced he went on to get married again.  I'm also a Muslim, and rarely do Muslim marry for love, I got married all for the wrong reasons, funny enough a Muslim marriage is statistically better than a non-Muslim marriage.  I haven't seen the show but from what I have read his only in it for a visa to the US. IF she comes back, make sure he doesn't get into the country, save the US government  a headache, and spare her family. I should say that not all Arabs are the same, my brother and sisters married Lebanese men and woman and their marriages are fine. Marrying young is a mistake waiting to happen, especially to someone you don't know, trust me I should know.
 You should not have picked the first guy who asked for your hand.

You should know that it's your right to choose who you want as a husband.

You call yourself a muslim, why are you trying to make a mockery of islam?..

Are you really a muslim?.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last