Message Boards

Topic : 11/28 Divorce Decision

Number of Replies: 164
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 06:07:09 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil follows up with a story that millions of viewers found disturbing. Brandon, 25, confessed to having sex with a 15-year-old girl while still married to Emily. Now, he’s involved with another minor, and his wife says she’s had enough. Shortly after the couple arrived home, the story took a violent turn. Emily says that Brandon punched her in the head, gave her a concussion and bruised her arms. She says she didn’t trust Brandon with their 3-year-old daughter, so she filed for a protective order against him. Brandon says Emily is a pathological liar, and she’s using their child as a tool for revenge. First, Dr. Phil talks to Brandon alone. Find out why Brandon says he's a changed man, and why he believes that he’s the victim in all this. Then, Emily tells her side of the story and explains why she issued a warning to the parents of Brandon’s current girlfriend. Plus, Brandon squares off with Emily’s sister, Julie, who says she's fed up with his lies and manipulation. Are her accusations founded, or has Brandon turned his life around? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 28, 2007, 7:27 am CST

OMG!!!

Sorry, but this guy is ONE SICK SOB!!! His poor wife and daughter need to get away and stay away from him...he needs to be locked up for a loooooooooooong time...

November 28, 2007, 7:36 am CST

All the monkeys aren't in the zoo...

LOL Dr. Phil about the orangatang.  What Brandon doesn't realize is the Mrs. can take the taping of this show to court.  Judge Judy says that to the defendants and the plaintiff's all the time.

Lady, why are you with someone who gags you with pills, beats your head against walls and calls you terrible names?  Maybe she's into the abouse.  I mean, lets say she lives a peaceful life, she'll miss the drama.  That makes her as sick as Brandon.  Can I suggest to the wife she get another interest other than being a beating stick and a pill accepter.

I'm gonna watch this show when I get home.  Yes Dr. Phil, I'll probably post again.  :)  Oh and Brandon, the way your wife got the email you didn't want to send is because you hit the SEND button...works every time.  OK OK some of my postings don't make it on Dr. Phil's message boards, when I send a post, I'm like the Starship Enterprise; I go where no words have gone before.

Pearlhanna

November 28, 2007, 7:45 am CST

Lynn And Alex

When I saw Lynn and Alex on the show, I thought that they made a very cute couple. I hope that they are able to work on thier relationship and stay together. I love that they said, that nontraditional marriages are no different than traditional ones. I honestly think that if more people were educated about nontraditional marriages, people would have a different point of view. Hopefully, it would make them able to accept change. I support your relationship, and wish you both all the happiness in the world!

November 28, 2007, 7:59 am CST

What is wrong with this picture?

Why isn't this sick freak in jail for having sex with underage girls??

November 28, 2007, 8:49 am CST

Where are the parents of his latest?

I haven't seen the show yet, but Brandon is involved with yet another young girl  - who just turned 18? 

Do her parents live in a cave?  Maybe they don't watch TV.  Millions of people watched the first show and saw what a creep this guy is  and they are allowing their daughter to see this man?  And before someone tells me that 18 is of age, I can only say bull.  If this was my daughter I'd do anything to get her out of this man's way...I don't care old she was.

This man is demented and possibly a sociopath.  He should be in jail for having 'consensual' sex with the 15 year old.  I love (not!) how he justifies his behavior by blaming her, saying she was aggressive and came on to him.  He's the so-called adult and since when does 'no' seem such a hard word to pronounce?  He can't and won't take responsibility for his own actions so he blames everyone else.  Seems like he's stuck emotionally at about 15 himself.

November 28, 2007, 9:40 am CST

Grow up and be a man

I THINK BRANDON IS SADLY DISALLUSIONED AND NEEDS TO GROW UP . He needs to act like an adult not a  spoiled irrespnsable kid who is following his hormones.  Emily needs to get a divorce from this guy  ASAP  !! 

November 28, 2007, 9:43 am CST

“Help…Police, I am complaining about a man!”

Why is this man NOT in jail?! This man ADMITTED his crime. Don’t the police WATCH Dr. Phil show, or TALK about the contents? If the wife has a RESTRAINING order against this man, a JUDGE KNOWS about his crime, and allows him to stay FREE without ordering an arrest warrant?!

Who do you complain to next when the authorities are not doing the job they are taking money for?!

November 28, 2007, 10:49 am CST

Predator

This guy is a sexual predator-pedophile. They do not change and there is no cure.  The best that can happen is that they be isolated from society and put in a place where they have no access to children until they are too old to be a threat.

November 28, 2007, 11:24 am CST

Toss the parents in jail with the guy!

Would someone please tell me why PARENTS allow their daughters (and sons) "date" adults when the sexual act they engage in is ILLEGAL? It's "illegal" because it is not in the best interest of the child.

When I taught high school in the Tampa area, I had the displeasure of hearing all about young girls dating ADULT men. And all had parents who either approved of or TOLERATED the relationship. If I had my way, the child's PARENTS would be sharing a sell with the adult predator.

There is no such thing as a consentual relationship between a minor and a adult. It's always illegal, always bad and it should ALWAYS be prosecuted. If the parents won't do it, the State should step in and do it!

Any man (or woman) who feels s/he needs to date and have sex with a MINOR is a loser. The guy in the piece today is just that....a LOSER...and a criminal. But apparently he's able to find STUPID PARENTS who don't care enough about their daughters to protect them from the likes of him.

November 28, 2007, 11:32 am CST

Don't love sin. Love sinners, but not the deed

Quote From: snkjolley2

When I saw Lynn and Alex on the show, I thought that they made a very cute couple. I hope that they are able to work on thier relationship and stay together. I love that they said, that nontraditional marriages are no different than traditional ones. I honestly think that if more people were educated about nontraditional marriages, people would have a different point of view. Hopefully, it would make them able to accept change. I support your relationship, and wish you both all the happiness in the world!

I just love it how people who claim to be Christians pick and choose which teachings of God's they will follow, espeically when those teachings may be difficult to hear or to follow. God was very clear; he destroyed S & G for all the filth. He speaks repeatedly of man with woman and woman with man. He speaks in length about the two becoming one. Our bodies are even designed for eachother and designed to create life.

God said for us to love the sinner (let's face it, we are ALL sinners), but we are supposed to hate the sin. Sorry, but homosexuality (the act, not the person) is a sin. That may not be politically correct, but it is the Truth. God made the rules, not us humans.

Accepting sin is not enlightenment or being progressive. It's saying God is wrong and Christians know that that is not the case. Change is good when it is in line with God's teachings. And there is no such thing as a "non-traditional marriage." A marriage is a contract between man and woman and God. Then there's the legal contract with the State. The former (God) defines marriage, not some state or politician.

May God bless this "couple" and bring them closer to God. I pray for them just as I pray for all of us who sin. I am "educated" and I attend mass weekly. I work with the poor, I have gay friends and I am raising my children to love ALL people, but to not accept sin as "acceptable," regardless if Hollywood, the media and "cafeteria Christians" (those who pick and choose which teachings to follow) disagree.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last