Message Boards

Topic : 11/28 Divorce Decision

Number of Replies: 164
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 06:07:09 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil follows up with a story that millions of viewers found disturbing. Brandon, 25, confessed to having sex with a 15-year-old girl while still married to Emily. Now, he’s involved with another minor, and his wife says she’s had enough. Shortly after the couple arrived home, the story took a violent turn. Emily says that Brandon punched her in the head, gave her a concussion and bruised her arms. She says she didn’t trust Brandon with their 3-year-old daughter, so she filed for a protective order against him. Brandon says Emily is a pathological liar, and she’s using their child as a tool for revenge. First, Dr. Phil talks to Brandon alone. Find out why Brandon says he's a changed man, and why he believes that he’s the victim in all this. Then, Emily tells her side of the story and explains why she issued a warning to the parents of Brandon’s current girlfriend. Plus, Brandon squares off with Emily’s sister, Julie, who says she's fed up with his lies and manipulation. Are her accusations founded, or has Brandon turned his life around? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 23, 2007, 11:31 am CST

Sadden

I think this man needs to grow up and really start taking responsibility for his actions and quick screwing around with teenagers.

November 24, 2007, 7:36 am CST

he not going to change

Question this guy is mucking aound with underage girls why is he not in jail?

I put my ex in jail when I found out that he was mucking around with underage girls. I put up with his crap for 4 years . when could have turn a blind eye to this but the guilt kick in due to this girl has no control and was over power by this older guy .

When he was in jail I stuck with him hoping he would change but he never did . I letf him. now  I am fighting to keep my son away from his father  due to my son has pick up some gross stuff from his father.

emily needs to ditch this loser . he will face his time in jail. she has every right to proctect her daughter from him.

I left my ex last year and I better off and my son is in safe hands in my care. as for my ex I hoping he will get caught and this time never come out of jail.

November 24, 2007, 10:09 am CST

Doctor Phil Show

Decision Divorce Doctor Phil. I have never see this one before but I will see it on Wednesday November---

28th, 2007. See you on Wednesday November 28th, 2007. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.--------------

November 24, 2007, 10:52 am CST

Man ??

Quote From: csdbooboo

I think this man needs to grow up and really start taking responsibility for his actions and quick screwing around with teenagers.

This guy is far from a Man.   Men don't hit women, only spoiled little boy's hit women.  He needs to do some jail time.

November 24, 2007, 1:08 pm CST

creep who molest's teens

He should be in jail and his wife needs to divorce him and keep that baby away from him or he will molest her too.

November 24, 2007, 3:01 pm CST

GOD SAID: THOU SHALT NOT COMMIT ADULTERY!

Doesn't anyone fear God Almighty anymore?   He may be having his "piece of the cake" now but he is going to be feeling the heat of it in the end.  If he wants to burn in hell for the rest of eternity that is his choice, for you cannot have your cake and eat it too.   That is called freedom of will.

I do not agree at all of what he is doing and like I said, since there is nothing we can do about it except pray for him and all others like him,  his discipline will be at the hand of God.

November 24, 2007, 3:18 pm CST

GOD SAID: THOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY!

Doesn't anyone fear God Almighty anymore?   He may be having his "piece of the cake" right now but he is going to be awful sorry for eternity when he is burning in hell.    He has to remember he can't have his cake and eat it too.  

There is nothing we can do but pray for him and all others like him.    

November 24, 2007, 8:24 pm CST

Divorce decision

This girl reminds me of what happed long ago to me.  It is almost like deju vu.  My first husband did that to  me too.  I did get the divorce after I found out that he did this.  I was going to talk to the girl parents but he baged me not to. So I did not .  Everybody wanted me to take revenge on him but I did not do that either.  Vengence is mine sayth the Lord.  Which did happen.  I just wanted to say to this woman.  There are plenty of fish in the sea.  You well find some one that well treat you right.  It took me 3 years after the divorce but I am glad I did it.  My husband now treats me like I should be treated.  The only thing is I did not have children with my first.  So that did not precent a problem.  If I were her I would only have visitation under survision, if this is the kind of thing that he is doing.  I would NOT let him have the child over night or for the week end.  The other problem I see is that he may try things to mess things up for her.  I would take precaustions on that and decuss them with the lawyer.  You need to have protection from a man like that. Thanks for listening.   

November 25, 2007, 7:53 am CST

Social Justice needs to prevail!

If this young man had sex with an underaged child, why hasn't the police put him in jail? I think that having sex with a 15 year girl is very, very wrong. He needs mental help, and social justice should prevail. The wife should be able to go to a woman's shelter to get emotional help, and support for the decision to leave her mentally abusive spouse.

November 25, 2007, 9:47 am CST

REPEATED INFIDELITY - MALE AND FEMALE

If you are with in a relationship with someone, you expect the relationship to grow and deepen over time; you expect a heart connection to be made and maintained.  You operate your life based on this expectation.  When your partner in the relationship does not or cannot make an emotional connection, the relationship becomes very painful.  Some of my favorite books that provide a great introduction and insight into personality types most capable of repeated infidelity are:

Why is it Always About You?  The Seven Deadly Sins of Narcissism by Sandy Hotchkiss  AND Emotional Blackmail:  When the People in Your Life Use Fear, Obligation and Guilt to Manipulate You by Susan Forward  

Malignant Self Love:  Narcissism Revisited by Sam Vaknin MAYBE The Professional Bachelors Dating Guide:  How to Exploit Her Inner Psycho by Dr Brett Tate

Get Me Out of Here:  My Recovery From Borderline Personality Disorder by Rachel Reiland OR The Angry Heart:  Overcoming Borderline and Addictive Disorders by Joseph Santoro and Ronald Cohen

Aggression in Personality Disorders and Perversions by Otto Kernberg OR The Psychology of Lust Murder:  Paraphilia, Sexual Killing, and Serial Homicide by Catherine Purcell and Bruce Arrigo  

Stop Walking on Eggshells by Paul Mason and Randi Kreger OR Healthy Boundaries Workbook: Using Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills to Set and Maintain Better Boundaries by Deborah Deiboldt Legge

How to Journal for Therapy:

http://arar.essortment.com/therapyjournali_repu.htm

Healing Anxiety and Depression (7 types of anxiety and depression) by Daniel Amen and Lisa Routh OR Getting Help:  The Complete and Authoritative Guide to Self-Assessment and Treatment of Mental Health Problems by Jeffrey Wood

There are relationships, marriages and families that are so destructive the only option is for a person to get out.  Get out with the little bit of sanity you may have remaining.  Make a promise to yourself to leave.  Leave so you can begin a life of healing and recovery.  Leave so you can learn to live a joyful, peaceful, trusting and fulfilling life.

Hope it helps!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last