Message Boards

Topic : 08/15 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Number of Replies: 166
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 06:09:50 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/30/07) It's Ask Dr. Phil and Robin Day! From a Dancing with the Stars hunk to a reformed wild child, they answer all kinds of questions. First up, Derren says he's allergic to his girlfriend, Ana. Every time they see each other, he breaks out in hives, gets itchy eyes and suffers migraines. Is breaking up their only solution? Next, 25 million people watched Abercrombie & Fitch model, Albert Reed, cha cha his way to the top on Dancing with the Stars. How is he coping with his newfound fame? Then, partying all night on the beach, girls, drinking ... This kind of spring break may be the biggest dream for a teenage boy, but it's a mother's worst fear. Penny says no way is her 17-year-old son going on a spring break trip. Her husband says what's the big deal? What do Dr. Phil and Robin think? And, Kristin says her wild days are long gone, but the four tattoos she embellished her body with are a constant reminder of her past. How can she accept what she calls her "tramp stamp" and move forward? Plus, go behind the scenes and learn how Dr. Phil is produced, and it caused a sensation on YouTube, now don't miss the mom anthem performed for the first time live on TV! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 2, 2007, 1:13 pm CST

Removing Tatoos is a Blessing

Quote From: rstephens1955

Wow, 'the least deserving recipient'?  Personally, I thought this young lady set a good example for many people.  I do not believe the tatoos in themselves should be examined as the cause of the issues she has overcome, but symbols, perhaps, of the lifestyle she was living. She owned up to, and has overcame many negative issues, and I admire her for that.  And as far as 'you don't solve self esteem problems with tattoo removal",  I feel you are way off base.  Self esteem is a personal issure, and if removing those tattoos helps her improve her self esteem, so be it.  Is this any different than as overweight person removing weight to help themselves?

As my name implies, I am a Christian. In a training class I attended, we learned about soul ties.

If an image, symbol, or clothing reminds someone who is saved of another lover or the "former man" before salvation, then it is best to get rid or destroy the image, clothing, gift, etc if possible.

For instance, if a man or woman has photos and gifts from an exlover, it is recommended that they give away, sell, or destroy the reminders of the old person they were or the old relationship. And then the person is also taught to renounce the former promises made to the person outloud as well. For instance, if a person promised to love only the former lover, they would say "I renounce ties with so and so and plan on loving my new wife or husband till death do I part."

December 2, 2007, 11:21 pm CST

WHAT WEREYOU THINKIG DR PHIL AND ROBIN

Dr. Phil and Robin

I just watch your show regarding the 17 year old young man wanting to go to spring break.   Did you forget NatalieHollaway......I bet her Mother would take back Natalie going to Aruba.  I truly hope this young man does not pay a price for your lack of wisdom.  When you asked him if he was planning on drinking he said maybe.  He is only 17 and not legal to drink.  WHY did you not mentioned that.   There is time for everything and  I believe this is not the time for this young man.  Dr Phil you have put this young man in harms way.  I will keep him in my prayers. 

December 3, 2007, 2:49 am CST

Kristen - publicity seeker

Quote From: sonic61

Someplace I heard someone say "you dont cure money problems with money" and I seriously think that translates to you dont solve self esteem problems with tattoo removal.  Dr. Phil are you getting soft?  Although that gift was nice she is probably the least deserving recipient I have ever seen on any show, not just Dr. Phil but any show.

I agree with you. My first reaction on hearing about this was that this girl is just seeking publicity for her books - she's supposed to be an aspiring author afterall. As for her tattoos, I find it hard to believe that they can cause so much offense to other people, what a crock ! They seem to be discreet from what I read, and why doesn't she wear panty hose or long trousers to hide the one on her ankle ? Some people have little to worry them. It's not like she has severe burns or something like that. I can't understand why she got invited to Dr Phil's show in the first place, it's pathetic.

December 3, 2007, 7:15 am CST

Don't Feel Bad About Your Decision

Quote From: ramair

Back then, those crowds could  be really dangerous, even deadly. I remember, in 1980, people getting trampled by the crowd at a Cincinatti concert venue. They had "festival" rather than reserved seat tickets. Meaning they could sit whereever they wanted. Too many people trying, all at one time, to get the "best" seats. And, people being trampled to death. To prevent further such deaths, "festival" seating was banned.
Please don't feel bad about your decision.  After the show, I discussed with my husband that when I went to a concert at an OC stadium, that because they did not open the gates on time, that the crowd began to push and almost trampled people to death.  (I escaped going out instead of further.)  I went to about 100 concerts, and there was not a single concert in those days that I did not see drugs, and I was offered free drugs.  So, it was not a big mistake on your part - if she wants to go now, she can see that band when they come around again.  It's one thing for an adult to make the decision to go to a concert - then it's their risk - but you did the right thing at that moment, based upon your own motherly instincts.

December 3, 2007, 7:19 am CST

11/30 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Quote From: kjsmith

Dr. Phil and Robin

I just watch your show regarding the 17 year old young man wanting to go to spring break.   Did you forget NatalieHollaway......I bet her Mother would take back Natalie going to Aruba.  I truly hope this young man does not pay a price for your lack of wisdom.  When you asked him if he was planning on drinking he said maybe.  He is only 17 and not legal to drink.  WHY did you not mentioned that.   There is time for everything and  I believe this is not the time for this young man.  Dr Phil you have put this young man in harms way.  I will keep him in my prayers. 

Excellent point.  I sent an email expressing that when the police can't even control Spring Break crowds, why would you send your teenager?  There are drunks, gangs, guns, drugs that are slipped into drinks, pedophiles, thieves, and just the stupid mistakes that kids make like putting too many people on a balcony, pushing eachother down in the pool or ocean, and so many, many other life endangering silly pranks.  I am totally against this advice by Dr. Phil and Robin.  Kids can prove themselves and mature while at home, going to parties, dating, etc., AT HOME.  Heck, you can't even rent a hotel / motel legally at that age, or rent a car, I am pretty sure!  There's a reason for that!

December 3, 2007, 7:22 am CST

Quote From: kristindetrow

Well.. I am sorry if you think I am so undeserving. As I have already stated several times, I did not write to Dr. Phil about my tattoos. I wrote a very long letter to him, and there happen to be one mention of them in a negative way. That is what his staff chose to run with. When I realized that I had two choices, turn him down because it wasnt what I had in mind, or take a break from my twin boys (they needes some Daddy time!) and travel across the country on an adventure. I chose to go with it. I do hate my tattoos, and will be happy to be rid of them. As a stay at home mom and wife of a mail man, it would never have happened any other way. My whole self esteem is not wrapped up in them, but they are a reminder that I would rather forget and quite ugly. I an grateful for the gift, it was not what I had in mind, but sometimes suprises are nice. God bless Dr. Phil.
In Orange County and Los Angeles, CA, there are plenty of people who regret tatoos for a variety of reasons and get them removed.  Please don't let this message board upset you too much.  I wish you good luck and safety in the removal of your tattoos, and hopefully, it will help other young women to think very carefully before they decide to go forward with a tatoo.  It would be a good show if you came on again, and let everyone know if the procedures are painful, how the healing goes, etc.  Again, be strong and I wish you well.

December 3, 2007, 7:30 am CST

Quote From: considerthis

why did you have to show off what you were doing? (What does God say about that?)

What do you think all the people watching who are in that condision or worse think?

Why take the piece on Nicole so negatively?  I am disabled, and the piece showed me that despite her very severe illness that she could hold down a job, and that there are employers who are willing to accomodate people with illnesses and needs. 

I think you need to look at yourself as to why you jump to such a negative take on a positive piece.

December 3, 2007, 9:33 am CST

Thanks

Quote From: tamaralesl

In Orange County and Los Angeles, CA, there are plenty of people who regret tatoos for a variety of reasons and get them removed.  Please don't let this message board upset you too much.  I wish you good luck and safety in the removal of your tattoos, and hopefully, it will help other young women to think very carefully before they decide to go forward with a tatoo.  It would be a good show if you came on again, and let everyone know if the procedures are painful, how the healing goes, etc.  Again, be strong and I wish you well.

Thanks, I agree that if my segment would in any way make someone think twice then it was worth being embarrassed on national TV! I am not saying they are horrible or no one should get them, but THINK TWICE! To the person who was saying I was just trying to get publicity for my book, well, that was one of my goals. My dream is to be a published author and reach people through my novels. One of my questions was for Robin, as she is a published author and speaker on the Women of Faith circut. They chose to take it in a different direction, and that is fine. As I have said, I am thankful. I am not going to apologize for attempting to promote my novel, and honestly I dont see a thing wrong with it.

To those of you that feel I am so unworthy of Dr. Phils help and a waste of his time and money, sorry to have offended you so.

December 3, 2007, 11:42 am CST

http://a.tribalfusion.com/h.click/aSmNvB4dnZdQVBB4A3ZcoHXsTtZbfXUY61Ubl1qusPbvZdUbQYTtv5nFJpPF7NYaQr4a7i2avQmEjLYbf8UtFXnA7KnGvwoWfD5EUj5t6m3mBGnbQZb0GnUXcF50cBunqb43FQSVbvDVAMVREr3SVFoSdju1WroT9vIymZaTWB/http://www.drphilstore.com/rbnllfff.html

Quote From: considerthis

I agree! What is God going to have to let our country do to our self before we repent?
Massive wilD-fires out West. Floods in Texas. Severe drought in my area, GA/NC/SC. Even NAFTA IS taking our jobs? Could that be God's 'still, small voice' spoken through a megaphone?

December 3, 2007, 11:49 am CST

Quote From: kristindetrow

Thanks, I agree that if my segment would in any way make someone think twice then it was worth being embarrassed on national TV! I am not saying they are horrible or no one should get them, but THINK TWICE! To the person who was saying I was just trying to get publicity for my book, well, that was one of my goals. My dream is to be a published author and reach people through my novels. One of my questions was for Robin, as she is a published author and speaker on the Women of Faith circut. They chose to take it in a different direction, and that is fine. As I have said, I am thankful. I am not going to apologize for attempting to promote my novel, and honestly I dont see a thing wrong with it.

To those of you that feel I am so unworthy of Dr. Phils help and a waste of his time and money, sorry to have offended you so.

The whole time I watched, I was thinking, "it's good those things are black,  it's the easiest color to remove, and Dr Phil better arrange for it to be done." If he hadn't, I would've been really disappointed in him. Now, you can look on the outside the way you are on the inside. Redeemed.

First | Prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next | Last