Message Boards

Topic : 08/15 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Number of Replies: 166
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 06:09:50 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/30/07) It's Ask Dr. Phil and Robin Day! From a Dancing with the Stars hunk to a reformed wild child, they answer all kinds of questions. First up, Derren says he's allergic to his girlfriend, Ana. Every time they see each other, he breaks out in hives, gets itchy eyes and suffers migraines. Is breaking up their only solution? Next, 25 million people watched Abercrombie & Fitch model, Albert Reed, cha cha his way to the top on Dancing with the Stars. How is he coping with his newfound fame? Then, partying all night on the beach, girls, drinking ... This kind of spring break may be the biggest dream for a teenage boy, but it's a mother's worst fear. Penny says no way is her 17-year-old son going on a spring break trip. Her husband says what's the big deal? What do Dr. Phil and Robin think? And, Kristin says her wild days are long gone, but the four tattoos she embellished her body with are a constant reminder of her past. How can she accept what she calls her "tramp stamp" and move forward? Plus, go behind the scenes and learn how Dr. Phil is produced, and it caused a sensation on YouTube, now don't miss the mom anthem performed for the first time live on TV! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 3, 2007, 12:00 pm CST

11/30 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Quote From: kristindetrow

Well.. I am sorry if you think I am so undeserving. As I have already stated several times, I did not write to Dr. Phil about my tattoos. I wrote a very long letter to him, and there happen to be one mention of them in a negative way. That is what his staff chose to run with. When I realized that I had two choices, turn him down because it wasnt what I had in mind, or take a break from my twin boys (they needes some Daddy time!) and travel across the country on an adventure. I chose to go with it. I do hate my tattoos, and will be happy to be rid of them. As a stay at home mom and wife of a mail man, it would never have happened any other way. My whole self esteem is not wrapped up in them, but they are a reminder that I would rather forget and quite ugly. I an grateful for the gift, it was not what I had in mind, but sometimes suprises are nice. God bless Dr. Phil.
 It seems that Christians, such as yourself, are considered fair game for criticism and second-guessing, in certain circles and on, not only this, but many other, message boards. Maybe some have questioned your motives because theirs, or those of people they know, are ulterior.

December 3, 2007, 7:06 pm CST

Quote From: rstephens1955

Wow, 'the least deserving recipient'?  Personally, I thought this young lady set a good example for many people.  I do not believe the tatoos in themselves should be examined as the cause of the issues she has overcome, but symbols, perhaps, of the lifestyle she was living. She owned up to, and has overcame many negative issues, and I admire her for that.  And as far as 'you don't solve self esteem problems with tattoo removal",  I feel you are way off base.  Self esteem is a personal issure, and if removing those tattoos helps her improve her self esteem, so be it.  Is this any different than as overweight person removing weight to help themselves?

Yes it is totally diffarent. Losing wieght should be done for physical health reasons.

Self esteem is what the devil wants us to believe we need! As long as we base our self on who or what we are and not on who God is and what he does for us we will just stay in the selish pridful circle of self.

December 3, 2007, 7:18 pm CST

Quote From: man4christ

If the woman, Penny, is a true bible believing Christian mother, then she would not send her son to Spring Break. It is a party week filled with drinking and dancing with lots of opportunities for drunkeness, lust, vulgar words and actions, temptations, and the potential to make mistakes even catch an incurable STD like Herpes or wart or AIDs. It is a week that can change the course of one's life in a negative manner. A man can walk away from that week with a disease and a lust problem. A woman can walk away with a disease, possibly pregnancy, and the loss of her purity and dignity.

If this seems too extreme, I went to a men's retreat a few weeks ago where we prayed over a man who caught an incurable STD at Spring Break 20 years ago and probably infected 40 women over the last 20 years since he did not realize he had it and then found out a few years into his marriage to a chaste, pure, Godly woman. They waited until they got married to have sex and when his STD produced symptoms - he thought just jock itch - his wife made him go to the doctor so he found out he had 2 diseases from the doctor.

If Penny is a Christian - I do not know if she is or not, then she should consult a good solid bible believing pastor for parenting advice.

The Dr. Phil show is a show and the advice is of the world. Millions of viewers watch this show, it might not be possible for Dr. Phil to stand up against the mass partying and drinking of Spring Break.

I am not able to judge Dr. Phil's heart; however, the good Word says that we can judge others by the fruit in their lives which includes the outcome, behavior, and decisions of their offspring. I try to only take advice from those who have the results that I want for my life or my children.

Would you take the advice of someone who is bankrupt if you wanted to make a million dollar business? Would you take the diet advice of someone who is overweight? Would you take the advice to heal from cancer from someone who is dying of cancer? Would you take the advice on how to be happy from someone who is suicidal?

Luke 6:43-44 "For there is no good (healthy) tree that bears decayed (worthless,stale) fruit, nor on the other hand does a decayed (worthless, sickly) tree bear good fruit.

For each tree is known and identified by its own fruit; for figs are not gathered from thornbushes.."

Penny's instincts are right on about her not wanting her son to go at all and even when she said "wrong answer" with a smile according to the transcript. Psalm 1:1 "Blessed (happy, fortunate, prosperous, and enviable) is the man who walks and lives not in the counsel of the ungodly [following their advice, their plans and purposes, nor stands [submissive and inactive in the path where sinners walk, nor sits down [to relax and rest where the scornful [and the mockers gather."

Basically it is very clear that a Christian family with Christian children would not want or allow or encourage their children or young adults to go to places like spring break or concerts where ungodly, sinners, scornful, and rebellious gather.

If I were that boys father, I would advice him Proverbs 1:8 "reject nor forsake the teaching of your mother" and show him Proverbs 1:10 "My son, if sinners entice you, do not consent" and Proverbs 1:15 "My son, do not walk in the way with them [sinners; restrain your foot from their path for their feet run to even."

A man should not even look upon or look into the eyes of a lustful, evil, or loose woman (this includes watching videos of it, looking at pictures of it, or being at Spring break and looking at her). Proverbs 6:24 - 25 "To keep you from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a loose woman. Lust not after her beauty in your heart, neither let her capture you with her eyelids."

Why not? What is the harm? Proverbs 6:26 explains "For on account of a harlot a man is brought to a piece of bread, and the adulteress stalks and snares [as a hook the precious life [of a man.

Proverbs 4:14 "Enter not into the path of the wicked, and go not in the way of evil men."

Yes, it may seem like a lot of scriptures for those who do not believe, so I will include a Proverb for those who will reject this, this is for you.

Proverbs 1:7 'The reverant and worshipful fear of the Lord is the beginning and the principal and choice part of knowledge [its starting point and its essence; but fools despise skillful and godly Wisdom, instruction, and discipline."

So according to this, a fool will despise what I have written to Penny and other families in regard to the Spring Break issue and that is okay. The bible says not to cast pearls of wisdom before swine lest they trample on it. However, I am posting this for those who will become believers or are believers and need a reminder on where we are to base the foundation and direction and counsel of our life from - the Word of God - the bible.

I pray that Penny see this and that all who see this and are saved will feel encouraged and those who did not know this will be convicted and repent.

I am praying for you and your family Penny.  

These message boards say that they are to "SPEAK Your Mind" so I will be watching to see if this one gets posted.

AMEN!  where we are to base the foundation and direction and counsel of our life from - the Word of God - the Bible! Why do people claiming to be Christians go to worldly unGodly people for advice! 

December 3, 2007, 7:24 pm CST

Quote From: man4christ

As my name implies, I am a Christian. In a training class I attended, we learned about soul ties.

If an image, symbol, or clothing reminds someone who is saved of another lover or the "former man" before salvation, then it is best to get rid or destroy the image, clothing, gift, etc if possible.

For instance, if a man or woman has photos and gifts from an exlover, it is recommended that they give away, sell, or destroy the reminders of the old person they were or the old relationship. And then the person is also taught to renounce the former promises made to the person outloud as well. For instance, if a person promised to love only the former lover, they would say "I renounce ties with so and so and plan on loving my new wife or husband till death do I part."

get rid or destroy? Some things yes, but she is not to get rid of her body. The scars left from removing them are going to remind her the same way as the tatoos do!

Words are cheep, repentance is deciding to go a diffarent way and making that decision over and over everyday.

December 3, 2007, 8:15 pm CST

Thank God we do NOT get what we deserve!

Quote From: kristindetrow

Well.. I am sorry if you think I am so undeserving. As I have already stated several times, I did not write to Dr. Phil about my tattoos. I wrote a very long letter to him, and there happen to be one mention of them in a negative way. That is what his staff chose to run with. When I realized that I had two choices, turn him down because it wasnt what I had in mind, or take a break from my twin boys (they needes some Daddy time!) and travel across the country on an adventure. I chose to go with it. I do hate my tattoos, and will be happy to be rid of them. As a stay at home mom and wife of a mail man, it would never have happened any other way. My whole self esteem is not wrapped up in them, but they are a reminder that I would rather forget and quite ugly. I an grateful for the gift, it was not what I had in mind, but sometimes suprises are nice. God bless Dr. Phil.

So you went to get away from your young sons? I really hope you write books better than you write posts on here! LOL

Are you not going to "hate" the scars just as much as you hate the tatoos?

I hope you give up your self esteem and trust God, not self.

You are NEVER on this earth going to forget your past and you should not try to, you should try to see how God is using your past and redeeming everything in your life.

AGAIN, what is so ugly about them?

Are you still away from home until they are fully removed or traveling back and forth leaving your family over and over or what?

December 4, 2007, 4:07 am CST

hello

Hello Dr Phil,

I am just saying hello to you both, I enjoy watching your show and sometimes I am sad for other's who are going through situations in their life that I had also gone through as well but had change for the better.

I had a brain hemeridge when I was 17 and also had a stroke as well as epilisey and last of all vision impared all cause of my brain bubble burst in my language.

If you are ever coming to OZ come for a meal you are welcome and so is your family and wife. ( i forget names sorry, just faces)

Do you ever do subjects of adoptee's feeling rejected at all times in life? I was one and after 40 years of now for the second attempt have contact with half sister and birth mother.                            

Does it ever get better?

Merry Christmas and a Happy new year 2007-2008

Jane conlin- Adelaide south australia

email soon if you have time

December 4, 2007, 4:42 am CST

Wow

Quote From: considerthis

So you went to get away from your young sons? I really hope you write books better than you write posts on here! LOL

Are you not going to "hate" the scars just as much as you hate the tatoos?

I hope you give up your self esteem and trust God, not self.

You are NEVER on this earth going to forget your past and you should not try to, you should try to see how God is using your past and redeeming everything in your life.

AGAIN, what is so ugly about them?

Are you still away from home until they are fully removed or traveling back and forth leaving your family over and over or what?

The level of vitriol you show towards me and my segment is a bit scary. I went to LA and left my twin 2 yerar olds with their father for 36 hours to tape the show. Every six weeks I go to the medspa and have a 1 hour treatment while they are in the good hands of THEIR FATHER. To suggest I am "leaving my family" and am in some way an irresponsible mother is over the top. My self worth is not at all tied up in physical things, but I hate my tattos and will be happy when they are gone. You dont have to think they are ugly, they are not on your body.  They were a mistake and I hope others think twice. That is all. My past will always be what it was, and I am good with that. As I said on the show, God will, and has, used it.

That is my last reply to you, as you seem quite angry about this for no reason, and quite frankly I think it is a little strange.

December 4, 2007, 8:36 pm CST

Regarding the man allergic to his soulmate

I watched the episode of the soulmates where the man thought he was allergic to the girl and broke out whenever he was around her.  I'm not doubting Dr. Phil's answer or solution to the problem since I think he has the answer to everything and is pretty darn sharp!! However, I have had the same experience as Derren, twice. Both times I would scratch my arms until they bled.  I tried everything, changing soap, lotion, cream from the doctor, nothing worked.  In both situations I broke up with the man I was with and the itching stopped completely.  I believe it was a subconscious reaction to the situation I was in.  I didn't recognize it as such because neither situation was traumatic or hurtful, but I just think that I wasn't paying attention to the red flags that were apparent and my mind was causing a physical manifestation of my unhappiness.  In my opinion Derren really needs to think about the situation he is in and how he feels about it.  Maybe he really just isn't listening to what his subconscience is trying to tell him. Maybe she really isn't his soulmate and he doesn't want to admit it or hurt her feelings.  Just a thought---I wish them well!

Debi

December 5, 2007, 2:27 pm CST

rerun

does anyone know when this episode will air? a rerun or anything? because i am dying to seeee itttt!!!

December 6, 2007, 5:59 pm CST

OMG

Quote From: debibaker

I watched the episode of the soulmates where the man thought he was allergic to the girl and broke out whenever he was around her.  I'm not doubting Dr. Phil's answer or solution to the problem since I think he has the answer to everything and is pretty darn sharp!! However, I have had the same experience as Derren, twice. Both times I would scratch my arms until they bled.  I tried everything, changing soap, lotion, cream from the doctor, nothing worked.  In both situations I broke up with the man I was with and the itching stopped completely.  I believe it was a subconscious reaction to the situation I was in.  I didn't recognize it as such because neither situation was traumatic or hurtful, but I just think that I wasn't paying attention to the red flags that were apparent and my mind was causing a physical manifestation of my unhappiness.  In my opinion Derren really needs to think about the situation he is in and how he feels about it.  Maybe he really just isn't listening to what his subconscience is trying to tell him. Maybe she really isn't his soulmate and he doesn't want to admit it or hurt her feelings.  Just a thought---I wish them well!

Debi

OMG Debi, if he stays with her this is called true love!!!! it doesn't matter if u get hives or scratches!!! u need to get a life cause darren wasn't true love!!!! they should just stick together regaurdless watever happens!!! that's y wen u get married u vow till death do us apart!!! duh

just go back to skool debi, and learn about marriage!!! it is probably a sign of goose bumps because he found his true love!!! aww how cute!!! well u, u probably got an alergic reaction cuz u put too much makeup!!! J/K i luv u, not, no i really do

just take this to the heart and make sure it stays forever!!! J/K

First | Prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next | Last