Message Boards

Topic : 08/15 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Number of Replies: 166
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 06:09:50 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/30/07) It's Ask Dr. Phil and Robin Day! From a Dancing with the Stars hunk to a reformed wild child, they answer all kinds of questions. First up, Derren says he's allergic to his girlfriend, Ana. Every time they see each other, he breaks out in hives, gets itchy eyes and suffers migraines. Is breaking up their only solution? Next, 25 million people watched Abercrombie & Fitch model, Albert Reed, cha cha his way to the top on Dancing with the Stars. How is he coping with his newfound fame? Then, partying all night on the beach, girls, drinking ... This kind of spring break may be the biggest dream for a teenage boy, but it's a mother's worst fear. Penny says no way is her 17-year-old son going on a spring break trip. Her husband says what's the big deal? What do Dr. Phil and Robin think? And, Kristin says her wild days are long gone, but the four tattoos she embellished her body with are a constant reminder of her past. How can she accept what she calls her "tramp stamp" and move forward? Plus, go behind the scenes and learn how Dr. Phil is produced, and it caused a sensation on YouTube, now don't miss the mom anthem performed for the first time live on TV! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 6, 2007, 6:00 pm CST

OMG

Quote From: debibaker

I watched the episode of the soulmates where the man thought he was allergic to the girl and broke out whenever he was around her.  I'm not doubting Dr. Phil's answer or solution to the problem since I think he has the answer to everything and is pretty darn sharp!! However, I have had the same experience as Derren, twice. Both times I would scratch my arms until they bled.  I tried everything, changing soap, lotion, cream from the doctor, nothing worked.  In both situations I broke up with the man I was with and the itching stopped completely.  I believe it was a subconscious reaction to the situation I was in.  I didn't recognize it as such because neither situation was traumatic or hurtful, but I just think that I wasn't paying attention to the red flags that were apparent and my mind was causing a physical manifestation of my unhappiness.  In my opinion Derren really needs to think about the situation he is in and how he feels about it.  Maybe he really just isn't listening to what his subconscience is trying to tell him. Maybe she really isn't his soulmate and he doesn't want to admit it or hurt her feelings.  Just a thought---I wish them well!

Debi

OMG Debi, if he stays with her this is called true love!!!! it doesn't matter if u get hives or scratches!!! u need to get a life cause darren wasn't true love!!!! they should just stick together regaurdless watever happens!!! that's y wen u get married u vow till death do us apart!!! duh

just go back to skool debi, and learn about marriage!!! it is probably a sign of goose bumps because he found his true love!!! aww how cute!!! well u, u probably got an alergic reaction cuz u put too much makeup!!! J/K i luv u, not, no i really do

just take this to the heart and make sure it stays forever!!! J/K

December 7, 2007, 9:44 am CST

11/30 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Quote From: considerthis

Thank God we do NOT get what we deserve!

So you went to get away from your young sons? I really hope you write books better than you write posts on here! LOL

Are you not going to "hate" the scars just as much as you hate the tatoos?

I hope you give up your self esteem and trust God, not self.

You are NEVER on this earth going to forget your past and you should not try to, you should try to see how God is using your past and redeeming everything in your life.

AGAIN, what is so ugly about them?

Are you still away from home until they are fully removed or traveling back and forth leaving your family over and over or what?

Wow, talk about judgemental.  Any woman who has ever been a stay at home mom knows that sometimes you do have to get away from the kids for a while.  If you don't, you start to go crazy.  Every adult needs interaction with other adults, and every person needs alone time occasionally.  It doesn't mean that she is a bad mother.  And as far as "leaving her family over and over", a lot of parents travel for work purposes.  Again, it does not mean they are bad parents.  And there is nothing wrong with a dad staying home with the kids.  My husband is a stay home dad while I go to work.  Nothing wrong with it.  Kids need to have that closeness with their fathers as much as they need it with their mothers.  As far as removing her tatoos, if she feels she needs to do that to bring closure to that part of her life, then so be it.  It is a personal decision that she has to make.  I have a tatoo, and I don't want to have it removed for any reason, but that is my personal choice.  She is entitled to her opinions and choices, and she also has the right to NOT be judged for that.  And every person has self esteem, it is not a bad thing to have.  It doesn't mean that she doesn't trust God.  It is important for any person to feel good about themselves.  If they don't, how can they effectively serve God?  Leave her alone to make her PERSONAL decisions.

December 7, 2007, 7:16 pm CST

You go girl!

Quote From: crystal_23

Wow, talk about judgemental.  Any woman who has ever been a stay at home mom knows that sometimes you do have to get away from the kids for a while.  If you don't, you start to go crazy.  Every adult needs interaction with other adults, and every person needs alone time occasionally.  It doesn't mean that she is a bad mother.  And as far as "leaving her family over and over", a lot of parents travel for work purposes.  Again, it does not mean they are bad parents.  And there is nothing wrong with a dad staying home with the kids.  My husband is a stay home dad while I go to work.  Nothing wrong with it.  Kids need to have that closeness with their fathers as much as they need it with their mothers.  As far as removing her tatoos, if she feels she needs to do that to bring closure to that part of her life, then so be it.  It is a personal decision that she has to make.  I have a tatoo, and I don't want to have it removed for any reason, but that is my personal choice.  She is entitled to her opinions and choices, and she also has the right to NOT be judged for that.  And every person has self esteem, it is not a bad thing to have.  It doesn't mean that she doesn't trust God.  It is important for any person to feel good about themselves.  If they don't, how can they effectively serve God?  Leave her alone to make her PERSONAL decisions.

Thanks for defending me. I certainly understand people not agreeing with something I said/did, but to say I was a bad mom because I went to LA for less than 2 days to tape the show and then go to a clinic in my state every 8 weeks for laser removal was just insane. This person must not have kids.

Also, as a stay at home mom, my hat is off to the working moms. I dont know how you guys do it, I dont think I could! When we have to pack up early for an appointment or something it is such an ordeal! My hat is off to working moms.

December 8, 2007, 6:18 pm CST

Quote From: kristindetrow

Thanks for defending me. I certainly understand people not agreeing with something I said/did, but to say I was a bad mom because I went to LA for less than 2 days to tape the show and then go to a clinic in my state every 8 weeks for laser removal was just insane. This person must not have kids.

Also, as a stay at home mom, my hat is off to the working moms. I dont know how you guys do it, I dont think I could! When we have to pack up early for an appointment or something it is such an ordeal! My hat is off to working moms.

I did the stay home mom thing for a while, and it is hard.  I went back to work both to have some time with other adults and make some new friends, but also because we couldn't afford for me to stay home.  We married young and had a baby right away, and another soon after, so there weren't really a lot of options for me.  I decided when my baby was just over a year old to go back to school.  Now I work full time, go to school full time, and raise my babies, who aren't babies anymore.  Life is crazy, but I think that I am better this way than staying at home, especially now that my kids are both in school.  I actually would say the opposite to you: hats off to the ones who stay home, especially with twins.  Wow!

December 12, 2007, 7:14 am CST

SEIZURE

HELLO DR. PHIL  I SENT U A MESSAGE ABOUT REBBCCA, SHE'S HAS SEIZURE'S & THE DOCTORS DOESN'T NO WHY.THEY TOLD HER THAT SHE DOESN'T HAVE EPILEPSY.THEY HAVE TRY-ED DIDN'T MEDICATION & NO LUCK. SHE HAS 3 SMALL CHILDREN & WE'RE SCARED THAT SOMETHING GOING 2 HAPPEN 2 HER. I PRAYING U CAN HELP HER.WE'RE ALL REALLY SCARED 4 HER.              

PLEASE RESPOND  IF U CAN.                                        

MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY YEAR 2 U & UR  FAMILY 

LOVE SHEERY   

March 28, 2008, 10:21 am CDT

Quote From: kristindetrow

The level of vitriol you show towards me and my segment is a bit scary. I went to LA and left my twin 2 yerar olds with their father for 36 hours to tape the show. Every six weeks I go to the medspa and have a 1 hour treatment while they are in the good hands of THEIR FATHER. To suggest I am "leaving my family" and am in some way an irresponsible mother is over the top. My self worth is not at all tied up in physical things, but I hate my tattos and will be happy when they are gone. You dont have to think they are ugly, they are not on your body.  They were a mistake and I hope others think twice. That is all. My past will always be what it was, and I am good with that. As I said on the show, God will, and has, used it.

That is my last reply to you, as you seem quite angry about this for no reason, and quite frankly I think it is a little strange.

I couldn't believe the flak this poster kept giving you,  twisting your words, especialy in your last post, just to accuse you of deserting your family. I'd hardly consider 36 hours one time and an hour every six weeks to be desertion. SAHM's are not deserters for leaving occasionally leaving the kids with their fathers. For tattoo removal or "girl" time. This poster,or someone with the same user name, was always provoking controversy on another MB. With some really strange posts. You were wise to quit replying.

August 8, 2008, 6:11 pm CDT

Doctor Phil Show

And Ask Doctor Phil/Robin. Doctor Phil where did I see before? I donot understand that. See you on Friday-

August 15th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.---------------------------------------------------------------------

August 9, 2008, 10:42 am CDT

Hello this is Lisa Duteau.

How are you? Thank you for the updates so I know what's happing each week. When are you going to have new shows?

From Lisa Dueau..

August 9, 2008, 1:23 pm CDT

08/15 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Quote From: lisaduteau

How are you? Thank you for the updates so I know what's happing each week. When are you going to have new shows?

From Lisa Dueau..

Sept 8th is the premiere of the new season.

August 10, 2008, 5:30 am CDT

ex husband's treatment of daughter

How can a man who does not carry court ordered medical coverage and who is $21,000.00 dollars in arrears in child support get away with it. my ex-husband is violent a liar among many other things. I have tried to et on the show but to no avail. My ex is stricken with Tourette syndrome yet seeks no medical help. Nichole, our daughter is also stricken with this and he refuses to give her the prescribed meds when he has hr for his sumer visitations. Ther is so much more to this problem to list right now.

Sheri Forbes

First | Prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next | Last