Message Boards

Topic : 08/15 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Number of Replies: 166
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 06:09:50 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/30/07) It's Ask Dr. Phil and Robin Day! From a Dancing with the Stars hunk to a reformed wild child, they answer all kinds of questions. First up, Derren says he's allergic to his girlfriend, Ana. Every time they see each other, he breaks out in hives, gets itchy eyes and suffers migraines. Is breaking up their only solution? Next, 25 million people watched Abercrombie & Fitch model, Albert Reed, cha cha his way to the top on Dancing with the Stars. How is he coping with his newfound fame? Then, partying all night on the beach, girls, drinking ... This kind of spring break may be the biggest dream for a teenage boy, but it's a mother's worst fear. Penny says no way is her 17-year-old son going on a spring break trip. Her husband says what's the big deal? What do Dr. Phil and Robin think? And, Kristin says her wild days are long gone, but the four tattoos she embellished her body with are a constant reminder of her past. How can she accept what she calls her "tramp stamp" and move forward? Plus, go behind the scenes and learn how Dr. Phil is produced, and it caused a sensation on YouTube, now don't miss the mom anthem performed for the first time live on TV! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 30, 2007, 10:23 am CST

Allergy guy

I am thinking even if she did use hypoallergic soaps and stuff he'd still find an excuse not to be with her. I think the success of the show went to his head personally.

November 30, 2007, 10:31 am CST

11/30 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Quote From: flthomcat

Apparently the Natalie Holloway story of a young women who had CHAPERONES and still ended up drinking (underage) and dead is not enough for American parents.

A teen will survive not going away to a distant place to drink, party, act wild and swim. S/he is welcome to go when s/he's paying her own way and on her own. But until that time, it is the duty of the parents NOT TO BE FRIENDS with their children, but to use their brains and do what is best for their teens.

You may have survived your stupid years (I did, too), but knowing what I know, I am WELL AWARE that I was LUCKY (just as you were). Not everyone gets lucky. I have LEARNED from my careless, dangerous behavior and I will not GAMBLE with the life of my child. As adults, that's our JOB to learn from our own mistakes and help manage our teens lives better (so they can fly when they're adults on their own).

Why not give a kid a loaded gun? It's not your child's actions that should worry parents when these kids are on "spring break." It's the behavior and actions of OTHERS that you (or your teen) cannot control when they are on "spring break." There are too many DANGEROUS variables.

If my child wants to be STUPID and take huge risks when she's on her own, so be it. There is nothing I can do about it. But UNTIL THAT TIME, it's up to me to be a responsible parent, not a friend.

Nobody will die from not going on spring break. It's not a right of passage. It's a costly and often dangerous gamble with a teen's life. Parents can be creative by planning vacations and taking along their child's friend/s. They can give them space alone by a pool, allow them to eat alone in the hotel restaurant, etc. There doesn't need to be full privacy, drugs, alcohol and sex. THAT is not what spring break should be about, but sadly that is what it has become.

Smarten up parents. Be a parent, not a friend!

Natalie Holloway! Did Dr Phil forget about her, when he "advised" that boy's mother to let him go on an unchaperoned spring break? She was 18, the age at which the brain finally finishes growing. And, look what happened to her. She still used some really poor judgement.  And, got into a situation that turned deadly. That boy's brain is still growing. And, his "not really' answer didn't seem to satisfy Dr Phil that he wouldn't drink. It's unbelievable that parents would send their underage kids to a week-long gathering where drinking is almost mandatory. And, that Dr Phil would tell a mother that she ought to let her kid go. Especially after the shows he's done, outlining the dangers of spring break.

November 30, 2007, 10:51 am CST

Deadly school breaks

School breaks can be deadly. Just last month, seven college students perished in a coastal NC beach-house. They were apparently on a fall break. There has been extensive coverage in the local newspaper because several of the students were from Clemson. The fire spread very quickly. Six ecasped by jumping to safety. Of the seven who perished, autopsies revealed that all but one was highly intoxicated. With blood alcohol levels well above the legal limit.

November 30, 2007, 11:01 am CST

If  Austin wants to go somewhere warm, and play golf, why can't Bruce take him on a trip? Since father and son seem so obsessed with golf, why not have a "spring break" of their own? it would certainly be safer environment, than some drunken bash, for a teenaged boy.

November 30, 2007, 11:06 am CST

Quote From: princessgina

I am thinking even if she did use hypoallergic soaps and stuff he'd still find an excuse not to be with her. I think the success of the show went to his head personally.
 I don't see his allergy as an excuse not to be with her. They're sexaully intimate. They sleep in the same bed. I don't think he wants to give that up. If he didn't want to be with her, he wouldn't need this allegy as an excuse.

November 30, 2007, 11:11 am CST

Quote From: hpmx59

And Ask Doctor Phil/Robin. Doctor Phil when did you air this before? I donot remember at all. See you-------

next week.  Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This one's new. But, they've had previous "Ask Dr Phil and Robin" shows. They usually have several a year. And, re-run them when they "run out" of new shows.

November 30, 2007, 12:08 pm CST

SPRING BREAK

I dont see why that mother is freaking out so much. The more the parents freak out the more the teenager is going to do it! If anyone actually thinks teens out there dont drink or do drugs ..prob 90% of them do it and are going to do it. Just because in the usa the age is 21 to drink there going to drink anyways i dont think the 21 age limit will ever stop any teens. I know when teens can drink here in canada at 19 of course their all drinking by that age in the USA

November 30, 2007, 12:17 pm CST

Possible to be allergic to other people

I'm a holistic healer that specializes in allergy eliminations, and it is possible to be allergic to other people...husbands, wives, even your own children!  Like pet allergies, people can be allergic to the proteins in other people's hair and skin cells.  IT IS possible to teach your body to tolerate the proteins it's allergic to by stimulating specific accupuncture points, so there is a way to "eliminate" allergies and there is hope for everyone out there that is allergic to other people (and pets, and foods, and pollens, etc.)!!

November 30, 2007, 1:03 pm CST

Quote From: tarzansmama

You're not alone, Lab1012.  I'm in the same boat as you.  I count all my calories every day, allowing only 1100-1300 per day, weight all my food portions, jog/speed walk 2 miles per day, do crunches on my exercise ball, work all night at a factory where I walk around all night (another 2 miles), have cut way down on sugar/refined foods; nothing!  If it doesn't get any better in January I'm going to the doctor to have my thyroid checked.  If that's not it then I don't know what.
  I,m glad you are getting your thyroid checked.   I have hypothyroidism and last year my tsh level went  through the roof.  I have been treated for my thyroid problem with medication for about 20 years.  The symptons can come on so gradual that you don't notice it.  I got so bad that it affected my knees that I could hardly walk.  Thats when I finally went to the doctor.  I go to an endocrynologist that really listens to me.  Keep the faith and good luck

November 30, 2007, 1:05 pm CST

Tattoos

The woman who was on the show today who felt ashamed and "marked" because of her tattooos made me angry.  Not because of her- but because a girl from her church called it a "tramp stamp".  If a person is saved and has a personal growing relationship with Christ- IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE!!!!  My youth leader at one time was wild- and has many tattoos, however people still accept him and he is even considering getting more.  If she wants to remove her tattoos- that's her business, but she shouldn't remove them because she feels marked.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last