Message Boards

Topic : 08/15 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Number of Replies: 166
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 06:09:50 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/30/07) It's Ask Dr. Phil and Robin Day! From a Dancing with the Stars hunk to a reformed wild child, they answer all kinds of questions. First up, Derren says he's allergic to his girlfriend, Ana. Every time they see each other, he breaks out in hives, gets itchy eyes and suffers migraines. Is breaking up their only solution? Next, 25 million people watched Abercrombie & Fitch model, Albert Reed, cha cha his way to the top on Dancing with the Stars. How is he coping with his newfound fame? Then, partying all night on the beach, girls, drinking ... This kind of spring break may be the biggest dream for a teenage boy, but it's a mother's worst fear. Penny says no way is her 17-year-old son going on a spring break trip. Her husband says what's the big deal? What do Dr. Phil and Robin think? And, Kristin says her wild days are long gone, but the four tattoos she embellished her body with are a constant reminder of her past. How can she accept what she calls her "tramp stamp" and move forward? Plus, go behind the scenes and learn how Dr. Phil is produced, and it caused a sensation on YouTube, now don't miss the mom anthem performed for the first time live on TV! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 30, 2007, 3:38 pm CST

Anita Renfroe was fabulous!

Anita Renfroe was fabulous!  I enjoyed that very much.

November 30, 2007, 3:40 pm CST

Dancing With the Stars

Quote From: considerthis

Showing the Dancing with the Stars people in those clothes or lack of clothes in that kind of dancing is not Godly! You do so much good you do not need to compramize like this playing the worldly games! The Lord could use you to have such a wonderful Godly impact in this world if you show them what Godliness really is! Please stop compramizing!
I agree with you - the costumes, body movements are very unholy.

November 30, 2007, 3:48 pm CST

Tattoos

I commend you for changing your life for the better and wanting to get rid of the tattoos.

Joy to you!

November 30, 2007, 3:54 pm CST

11/30 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Quote From: taterfloof

Cute show today.  It's nice to have a litehearted show once in a while. I just can't help wondering why Robin wears black ALL THE TIME.  Is she Goth, in mourning or imitating Johnny Cash??? How boring! It's a shame too because with her coloring, she'd look beautiful in golds, greens, all the fall colors.
She is probably trying to look thinner as television adds a few pounds.

November 30, 2007, 3:55 pm CST

Quote From: monrosie

To the young lady who regrets her tattoos:  These tattoos can become an opportunity to demonstrate how God has shown his forgiveness, grace, and redemption in your life.  When you see that someone is noticing your tattoos, why not say, "I see that you are noticing my tattoos.  God has been very gracious to me, and though I regret the life I lived in my teens, I am so grateful to Him for the way He has changed my life.  My tattoos are a reminder of how wonderful his love is!"  Remember:  She who is forgiven much, loves much!  (Luke 7). 
Great idea.

November 30, 2007, 3:59 pm CST

Quote From: seahawke0

Can they pimp my wheelchair? lol
Agree with you - I suppose this is a new definition for the word.  I prefer accessorize or decorate.

November 30, 2007, 4:05 pm CST

You got taken Dr. Phil...

Dr. Phil ??...that girl on your show today with her tattoos....("The Born again with her "Tramp Stamps")

Please !!!....... I had a tattoo taken off in "1984". She was "full of it",when she responded with that "I don't know if that can be done....Well, she got her 15 minutes of fame, and someone to pay the expense of her tattoo(s) removal.

I'm sure there are women out there with "VISIBLE" tattoos, that are bettering themselves, and "really" can't afford the cost !!!!

November 30, 2007, 4:15 pm CST

Tatoos

Kristin,

My pastor once said it is your Past that has equiped you for your future.  With out your past you would  not be who you are today.  We couldnt begin to appreciate  who we have become.  I know my past is checkered and I am greatful to be someone new today.  I too am a Christian, and I think that many Christians have a stigma about tatoo's.  There is scripture that says not to  do things to our bodies like tatoo's and piercings etc.  That is old testimate doctrine.   new testimate brings the death of christ and the forgivenss of sins. Most Christians accept ears being pierced, but how is that different than a tatoo?  There are those who would like to nit pick,  but doesnt the bible say no sin is greater than another?  If we repent of our sins is he not faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from unrighteousness.

To many Christians are so busy pointing fingers at everyone "ooh look at what so and so did"   Why in the world would anyone want to become a Chrisitian?  ITS CALLED GRACE !  Grace is something we are given that we dont deserve.  We have all sined.  We have all fallen short.  Christ hung out with the poor, the sick, leppers (today it would be AIDS victims),  come on people.  Love one another, and quit judging! 

Kristin good for you!  I can understand wanting to get rid of something that reminded you of your past.   Look to God for your approval, not humans!  And never let anyone make you feel you are not good enough because of your past.  You are good enough, and you do deserve all that you have!  You are worthy!!!!

Blessings to you!

November 30, 2007, 4:17 pm CST

Quote From: kdmask

I liked this...lighter, more variety and NO DRAMA per se! Very fun...

Cute shoes!

November 30, 2007, 4:19 pm CST

Quote From: crystalmentz

I think Dr. Phil is way off on the Spring break advice. I was one of the good kids that my parents fully trusted. They allowed me to go to spring break cancun without any problems. I did get into "trouble", nothing that left a trace, like Dr. Phil said, but I had never drank before I went. While their I got drunk, made horrible decision, went alone to the beach with boys...etc. Very dangerous behavior. I am very lucky nothing serious happened to me, but I will NEVER let my kids go on a "typical" spring break vacation.

The mom should stick to her guns on this one. Maybe let her son go on some other type of fun trip, but not to a typical spring break location!!

Agree with you - I hope those parents rethink this.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last