Message Boards

Topic : 08/15 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Number of Replies: 166
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 06:09:50 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/30/07) It's Ask Dr. Phil and Robin Day! From a Dancing with the Stars hunk to a reformed wild child, they answer all kinds of questions. First up, Derren says he's allergic to his girlfriend, Ana. Every time they see each other, he breaks out in hives, gets itchy eyes and suffers migraines. Is breaking up their only solution? Next, 25 million people watched Abercrombie & Fitch model, Albert Reed, cha cha his way to the top on Dancing with the Stars. How is he coping with his newfound fame? Then, partying all night on the beach, girls, drinking ... This kind of spring break may be the biggest dream for a teenage boy, but it's a mother's worst fear. Penny says no way is her 17-year-old son going on a spring break trip. Her husband says what's the big deal? What do Dr. Phil and Robin think? And, Kristin says her wild days are long gone, but the four tattoos she embellished her body with are a constant reminder of her past. How can she accept what she calls her "tramp stamp" and move forward? Plus, go behind the scenes and learn how Dr. Phil is produced, and it caused a sensation on YouTube, now don't miss the mom anthem performed for the first time live on TV! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 30, 2007, 4:23 pm CST

11/30 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Quote From: yakyak

Let's put it  this way.  I am very sure that Robin would NOT allow Dr. Phil to go to those kind of parties.   There is never a good age to attend those kind of parties.  Just my opinion.

I agree with you!

November 30, 2007, 4:32 pm CST

Ask Dr. Phil & Robin

What a positve, upbeat show.  Long overdue, and very refreshing, proving what most of the world knows-it takes a woman's smile and a woman's touch, to soften the hardships of the world.  I most enjoyed the story regarding the staff member that had brain cancer.  What a wonderful gesture sending she and her family on a trip, and having a pimp scooter made for her.  Way to go Dr. Phil.

November 30, 2007, 5:02 pm CST

Quote From: gnasanchez

This show has not been aired before.  The reason why I know is because I was apart of the audience last month.  This is the first time this show will be aired.
how was your experience being part of the audience?  i'd love to participate.

November 30, 2007, 5:28 pm CST

Veddy nice; today's show

Dr. Phil and Robin I liked today's show.  Pulling Robin away was funny.  I enjoyed watching what goes on behind the scenes on your show.  Dr. Phil, any bloopers from your show?

Ms. vonRuden, did you name your scooter?  I watch a lot of tv and there is a cute mayonnaise commercial in my area with a shopper, on a scooter, in the grocery store.  She picks up her groceries and a bottle of mayonnaise and cuts a wheelie yellin' "YEE HAW" as she leaves the store.

Well, see ya'all Monday.  Happy weekend.

Pearlhanna

November 30, 2007, 5:35 pm CST

I cried when I saw your show today and the story about your employee with the brain tumor.  How wonderful that you value her so much.  I recently fell at work, tore my rotator cuff and had surgery in June to repair it.  The surgeon found during surgery that the injury was more extensive then previously  thought.  When my employeer found that my recuperation period would be longer than just a few weeks, I was terminated.  I can't tell you how hurt I was to find that, despite my hard work and dedication, that I was of so little value.  Kudos to you for caring so much about a special employee. 

November 30, 2007, 5:57 pm CST

I remember a Minister I knew, great guy didn't judge, didn't care whether you were a believer or NOT, as long as you respected him and his beliefs, all went well, but that man could debate.
He had hair to his mid back he wore in a pony tail, and both arms were sleeved out with tattoos, some religious, others not, but he had a story for each one, and each one had meaning for him.  Oh and I forgot to mention, he also had BOTH ears pierced wore jeans under his cloak, and he DANCED with his wife.
You know what ? He had the highest number of kids join the youth group, and though I didn't share his beliefs, he was APPROACHABLE, he didn't have the arrogance I have seen in many clergypeople (not all but a GOOD MANY ), that he was "IN" with God, and knew what was best for the REST of us, he didn't encourage "Witnessing" to people, he encouraged "Leading by EXAMPLE " of a Christian life.  Didn't take long for him to be transferred, seemed the little Burg couldn't "GET" his RADICAL TEACHINGS, when he left, so did the parishoners.
I share this only to say, you should NEVER judge people on their outside or their past, if you want people to respect you, you have to respect them, not show contempt for them, preachers would do much better if they stopped PREACHING and maybe TALK to people instead of AT people ( if there is a God, why is he so cliquishe that only a few of you are in the "Group", if he indeed loves and speaks to us all, I am a former Christian ) and please don't start with the open your heart, I did and guess what, NOTHING, I prayed for forgiveness and for others, NOTHING.  I didn't find peace until I let go of all that.  If it works for you WONDERFUL, I truly mean that.

November 30, 2007, 6:02 pm CST

17 yr old spring break

Dr Phil and Robin--I have never posted here before and  actually needed to register first to do this.  As the mother of 4 children ages 8, 12, 17, and 20 I feel you were VERY wrong in the guidance you offered.  A 17 yr old CHILD is not old enough or responsible enough to go on spring break without  responsible adult supervison.  Most of the activities that go on at spring break are illegal to minors.  College or at least out of high school would have been more appropriate guidance to offer--you let down this mother.  As a highschool student on the tennis team an underage drinking ticket could  cost him his varsity season as an athletic code violation in addition to a several hundred dollar ticket.  As an emergency room nurse I can't tell you how many ICU admissions come from teenagers drinking.  You are very fortunate that your own childrens experiences didn't leave lifelong consequences--most are not that lucky.  Of course he is going to drink--it would be very naive to believe otherwise.  I love your show and usually agree with you 100%--but I feel you offered very poor guidance in this situation and I hope the mother follows her own instincts.

November 30, 2007, 6:06 pm CST

Made me feel good:)

Awww!  That was a real good show!  I like the "after the show taping".

November 30, 2007, 6:09 pm CST

Quote From: rebes37

Last summer, my step-daughter went on Spring break at South Padre Island.  She saved the money to go by working during the summer and during Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks.  It was the first time she'd gone on Spring break and her senior year of college.  She was Captain of her soccer and tennis teams and vice president of her class.  According to one of her younger brothers, she won a bikini-dancing contest which he saw on U-tube when his friends were all watching it.  She had a ball, got Spring-break out of her system and returned happy and healthy.  She is now doing great as a first year medical school student.  It's good to know that if her Biology degree doesn't work out for her, she has the dancing skills to fall back on.
Spring beak as a college senior is completely appropriate.  Spring break as a 17 year old high school minor is completely inappropriate.

November 30, 2007, 6:09 pm CST

17yo should not go to spring break

OK.  Perhaps the mom should loosen up and let her son have some "rope."

But send this kid to South Padre island for spring break where the kids are rebelling and showing off to each other how ridiculous they can be?  NO WAY!

If he gets drunk and has a car accident he could kill someone or hurt himself.  If he has impaired judgment and ends up having sex with some random person, he could get a disease and have life long consequences from a trip like this.

From my world view, it's not a good idea for a hormone-raged teen boy to be around a bunch of drunk kids who are making bad choices.  God says that we should be pure in thought and in deed, and putting a teen boy around a bunch of bikini-clad girls and boys who are intoxicated is not a safe place for his thought life.

I'm not against cutting loose and having a good time with friends.  I've enjoyed the beach and swimming in the Carribean and the Indian oceans.  I'm not anti fun or anti sex.  As evidence my wife and I are expecting baby #6!  I think that the mob mentality of hormonal and drunken kids is not healthy.

What is his life purpose?  Will going to "spring break" help him accomplish his purpose?  This ought to be the question  to ask about *everything* we  do in life.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next | Last