Message Boards

Topic : 08/15 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Number of Replies: 166
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 06:09:50 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/30/07) It's Ask Dr. Phil and Robin Day! From a Dancing with the Stars hunk to a reformed wild child, they answer all kinds of questions. First up, Derren says he's allergic to his girlfriend, Ana. Every time they see each other, he breaks out in hives, gets itchy eyes and suffers migraines. Is breaking up their only solution? Next, 25 million people watched Abercrombie & Fitch model, Albert Reed, cha cha his way to the top on Dancing with the Stars. How is he coping with his newfound fame? Then, partying all night on the beach, girls, drinking ... This kind of spring break may be the biggest dream for a teenage boy, but it's a mother's worst fear. Penny says no way is her 17-year-old son going on a spring break trip. Her husband says what's the big deal? What do Dr. Phil and Robin think? And, Kristin says her wild days are long gone, but the four tattoos she embellished her body with are a constant reminder of her past. How can she accept what she calls her "tramp stamp" and move forward? Plus, go behind the scenes and learn how Dr. Phil is produced, and it caused a sensation on YouTube, now don't miss the mom anthem performed for the first time live on TV! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

November 30, 2007, 1:25 pm CST

I'm a Christian & I see what you mean

Quote From: jcamp83

Why would someone's Christian friend say mean things to them about having a tattoo? Aren't Christians supposed to be nice and not judge people? And what about people who get cross tattoos? What do Christians think about them? I'm sure you'll say I'm "going to h-e-youknowwhere" but Christians are some of the most hypocritical people on earth.

It was a 17-yr-old who told Kristen that---still, I said out loud (to myself), "WHY would her friend say THAT to her?" It could've been that Kristen mentioned the word "tramp" before the teenager did.

Just because of a 17-yr-old saying something dumb (aren't teenagersknown for that??), that doesn't mean ALL Christians are like that. We get targeted a lot by others---every little word & deed scrutinized, but I takepeople as INDIVIDUALS. Shouldn't we all do that? Why in the world would I say you're going to "h-e-youknowwhere" because of your post?? That would be a HUGE overreaction, don't you think? Besides, Keith Urban IS a Christian (he said so more or less in one of his CDs liner notes), and he has MANY tattoos. I LOVE his music! :) (And, yes, he's gorgeous! And seems like a really sweet person; it'd be cook to meet him someday.)

I also have SO many friends who have tattoos. They aren't regular churchgoers, but I'm not judging them because of their tattoos. In fact, God the Father & Jesus are the ONLY Ones who can judge people---NOT me! I'm not a regular churchgoer either, but it's due to having painful illnesses that keep me mostly homebound--not because I don't want to go. I also have friends without tattoos--I don't have one (ouch! LOL), but if I did it'd be a small Monarch butterfly since my hubby & I raise butterflies in the summer. I've been the "butterfly lady" since the early 90s. Thankfully, hubby does most of the work now. We give away & sell Monarch pupas (chrysalises) for $5 or less (not nearly enough to pay hubby & me for the time involved raising butterflies---feeding caterpillars take a LOT of time!). Kids AND adults LOVE them! :)

Anyway, I digress. Typical. LOL I would love to know Kristen's last name so I could check out what books she's written. I'm a part-time freelance proofreader for two major Christian publishers (although I'm having trouble working enough these days due to illness), so I'd LOVE to know who she is! :) Kristen, if you're reading this, email me at joyjoybinks43@ yahoo.com (take out the space before "yahoo"). I'd love to check out what you've written. I'd love to know who you are. You seem like a really sweet person--and you have a unique perspective that probably has been & will be so helpful to younger people---& other women too.

OK, nearly done! LOL Just don't be so tough on ALL Christians, K? I definitely know the type of people you're talking about---I had to leave a church that was WAY too strict & legalistic. . .about stuff that's not even in the Bible! Very disappointing. But we're not ALL like that---everyone is on a different part of his/her spiritual journey. I personally think that being a Christian is ALL about love---GOD IS LOVE. :) Thank goodness! :) Thank Him! :-)

See ya!
Joy in Indiana

November 30, 2007, 1:40 pm CST

Spring Break

A minor being allowed to go to spring break?  I am shocked the McGraws agreed he ought to be allowed to go.  I remember hearing so many times on the show that a person's brain isn't developed until their mid-twenties.  This makes no sense.

November 30, 2007, 1:53 pm CST

tramp stamp...

Kristen the lady who regrets some of her decisions as a teenager....I don't think she should get her tattoos removed! She could witness to people who other christians could not witness too!

November 30, 2007, 1:57 pm CST

Let the boy go to Padre Island

Last summer, my step-daughter went on Spring break at South Padre Island.  She saved the money to go by working during the summer and during Thanksgiving and Christmas breaks.  It was the first time she'd gone on Spring break and her senior year of college.  She was Captain of her soccer and tennis teams and vice president of her class.  According to one of her younger brothers, she won a bikini-dancing contest which he saw on U-tube when his friends were all watching it.  She had a ball, got Spring-break out of her system and returned happy and healthy.  She is now doing great as a first year medical school student.  It's good to know that if her Biology degree doesn't work out for her, she has the dancing skills to fall back on.

November 30, 2007, 1:57 pm CST

Pimped

Can they pimp my wheelchair? lol

November 30, 2007, 2:04 pm CST

Exactly!

Quote From: bonhomie

A minor being allowed to go to spring break?  I am shocked the McGraws agreed he ought to be allowed to go.  I remember hearing so many times on the show that a person's brain isn't developed until their mid-twenties.  This makes no sense.
AMEN! Why does the son want to go knowing what is going on there? Thank God thier sons made it threw it, that does not mean this young man will! How about asking people who went who now have children? Would they ley thier child? My 32 year old who went says no way would I let my child!

November 30, 2007, 2:08 pm CST

I agree!

Quote From: curbow88

Kristen the lady who regrets some of her decisions as a teenager....I don't think she should get her tattoos removed! She could witness to people who other christians could not witness too!

I agree! I only saw two of the tatoos and they did not look bad to me. It might be more of a self thing as Dr.Phil said!

I would not want to go with a company who judged me on my past, it might have been God using it to keep her away from that company!

November 30, 2007, 2:09 pm CST

Tattoo Hater

I was very disappointed in the segment today that talked about the woman's tattoo's. I just want to get my point across cut & dry. I thought it was extremely politically incorrect of the hosts today to refer to lower back tattoos as "tramp stamps". they aren't "tramp stamps" they are lower back tattoos. "Tramp Stamps" should be more related to the feelings associated with someone's opinion of their lower back tattoo not the name accustomed to it.

November 30, 2007, 2:19 pm CST

Anita Renfroe Total Momsense

That is so good! How can she go on that long! I love that!

November 30, 2007, 2:22 pm CST

Pimped Up Ride

Quote From: seahawke0

Can they pimp my wheelchair? lol
I loved what You and Robin did for Nicole today Dr.Phil.It was touching to me and a very kind and sweet thing you did for Nicole.Very Nice!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last