Message Boards

Topic : 08/15 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Number of Replies: 166
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 06:09:50 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/30/07) It's Ask Dr. Phil and Robin Day! From a Dancing with the Stars hunk to a reformed wild child, they answer all kinds of questions. First up, Derren says he's allergic to his girlfriend, Ana. Every time they see each other, he breaks out in hives, gets itchy eyes and suffers migraines. Is breaking up their only solution? Next, 25 million people watched Abercrombie & Fitch model, Albert Reed, cha cha his way to the top on Dancing with the Stars. How is he coping with his newfound fame? Then, partying all night on the beach, girls, drinking ... This kind of spring break may be the biggest dream for a teenage boy, but it's a mother's worst fear. Penny says no way is her 17-year-old son going on a spring break trip. Her husband says what's the big deal? What do Dr. Phil and Robin think? And, Kristin says her wild days are long gone, but the four tattoos she embellished her body with are a constant reminder of her past. How can she accept what she calls her "tramp stamp" and move forward? Plus, go behind the scenes and learn how Dr. Phil is produced, and it caused a sensation on YouTube, now don't miss the mom anthem performed for the first time live on TV! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 16, 2008, 8:46 am CDT

08/15 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Quote From: considerthis

Thank God we do NOT get what we deserve!

So you went to get away from your young sons? I really hope you write books better than you write posts on here! LOL

Are you not going to "hate" the scars just as much as you hate the tatoos?

I hope you give up your self esteem and trust God, not self.

You are NEVER on this earth going to forget your past and you should not try to, you should try to see how God is using your past and redeeming everything in your life.

AGAIN, what is so ugly about them?

Are you still away from home until they are fully removed or traveling back and forth leaving your family over and over or what?

Your post is filled with judgmental ASSumptions. I'd hardly call going to a local facility for an hour every six weeks leaving her family. Are you up under your family 24/7? Do you take them with you every time you leave the house? Every time you buy groceries? Every time you go to the doctor?

August 16, 2008, 10:55 am CDT

Bryan?

Quote From: BrianX29

PARENTS  Let your children go on spring break. They will be responsible and its nothing to worry about..........

Was your reply supposed to be a joke? I certainly hope so. Responsible is about the last word I would use for kids who are on spring break. Employers now have the capability to look through video and see if a potential employee showed her breasts, etc. while on spring break and if they have, they will not get that job that they worked so hard to get that degree for. Haven't you ever heard of the video called "Girls Gone Wild"? It's not exactly an isolated event. I won't even bother to get into the drinking and alcohol poisoning that happens to hundreds of them.

On the other hand, when I was 20 years old I lived on my own and my parents weren't actually in a position to tell me where I could and couldn't go. That is what is called "responsible". If kids want to go on spring break, then they should be self sufficient so they don't have to ask for permission in the first place. Otherwise, if the parents are footing the bill then they have every right to do as they see fit.

20 years ago spring break was crazy, wild, and the biggest party that I have ever seen that just went on for days, but times have changed and what was considered having fun back then, even being wild as he$$, doesn't compare to how kids are lowering themselves at this time. This has gotten out of hand and downright nasty. Believe it or not, I'm FAR from being considered a prude!

August 16, 2008, 4:42 pm CDT

Thanks for Momsense

Anita Renfroe is the best.  I saw her in town at a show, & all I can say is WOW.  She is really incredible, and I am glad that she is a friend of Robins.  I was so tickled to see her on your show.  

I am so sorry that Nicole lost her battle with cancer.  You, and her family are in my prayers.  God bless you, for all you do Dr. Phil & Robin.

August 17, 2008, 5:30 pm CDT

Quote From: jewelsf

Was your reply supposed to be a joke? I certainly hope so. Responsible is about the last word I would use for kids who are on spring break. Employers now have the capability to look through video and see if a potential employee showed her breasts, etc. while on spring break and if they have, they will not get that job that they worked so hard to get that degree for. Haven't you ever heard of the video called "Girls Gone Wild"? It's not exactly an isolated event. I won't even bother to get into the drinking and alcohol poisoning that happens to hundreds of them.

On the other hand, when I was 20 years old I lived on my own and my parents weren't actually in a position to tell me where I could and couldn't go. That is what is called "responsible". If kids want to go on spring break, then they should be self sufficient so they don't have to ask for permission in the first place. Otherwise, if the parents are footing the bill then they have every right to do as they see fit.

20 years ago spring break was crazy, wild, and the biggest party that I have ever seen that just went on for days, but times have changed and what was considered having fun back then, even being wild as he$$, doesn't compare to how kids are lowering themselves at this time. This has gotten out of hand and downright nasty. Believe it or not, I'm FAR from being considered a prude!

Well said, Jewels.

I agree!

August 18, 2008, 5:44 pm CDT

Love the Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

While watching this episode and Seeing all the familys they have helped I just kept thinking hey what about me and my family we have lost our house and had to move back to Texas and start over again.

I know this is bad to feel this way but I just cant help feeling this way.   I have always been told the good lord helps those who help themselves.

Sorry for feeling so greedy.

August 19, 2008, 12:50 pm CDT

Jewels, this is the same guy who thinks fat people can't be trusted to make responsible choices  fast food restaurants. But, he thinks teenagers can be trusted to make responsible choices surrounded by booze and sex?

August 19, 2008, 12:54 pm CDT

Jewels, this is the same guy who thinks fat people can't be trusted to make responsible choices in a fast food environment. Yet, he thinks teenagers can be trusted to make responsible choices in an environment filled with alcohol and sex?

August 19, 2008, 1:02 pm CDT

After seeing his past shows on spring break, including a segment where he reprimanded a woman for allowing her daughter to go on spring break, I was shocked when Dr Phil told the mother that she should allow her son to go.

August 19, 2008, 9:46 pm CDT

tattoo removal girl please read

I hope this young lady read s this.  I could understand that you may want to get rid of your tat's because they remind you of  "bad" times in you life.  But what really bothered me was when you said that you feel most judged around the christians!!!!!  I am so glad that you have a committed and now have a new knowledge of God however, those type of christians that would Make you feel judged are so far from who and what our Lord and Savior really is about  that it makes me want to  puke!!! God loves you just the way you are and were and what you are going to be.  Ive been a born again believer since 6years old.  Ive had to undo alot of wrong teaching about God...  I have three tattos and I got them in my thirties!!!  I love my tattoo because they have positive meaning.  I even have a cross with the word freedom on my stomach..because my freedom come from who I am in Christ.  Please so not allow judgemental people to make you get rid of your tat''s.  Do it only if it really bothers your heart.  God loves you no matter what tat's and all!!!  You judgemental christians give God a bad name and many a times your actions are the reason why many people are turned off by God....shame on you!!  But the good news is he love you too!! Good thing hey!!!

Lisa 

August 19, 2008, 11:57 pm CDT

I hope she reads............

Quote From: ravinls

I hope this young lady read s this.  I could understand that you may want to get rid of your tat's because they remind you of  "bad" times in you life.  But what really bothered me was when you said that you feel most judged around the christians!!!!!  I am so glad that you have a committed and now have a new knowledge of God however, those type of christians that would Make you feel judged are so far from who and what our Lord and Savior really is about  that it makes me want to  puke!!! God loves you just the way you are and were and what you are going to be.  Ive been a born again believer since 6years old.  Ive had to undo alot of wrong teaching about God...  I have three tattos and I got them in my thirties!!!  I love my tattoo because they have positive meaning.  I even have a cross with the word freedom on my stomach..because my freedom come from who I am in Christ.  Please so not allow judgemental people to make you get rid of your tat''s.  Do it only if it really bothers your heart.  God loves you no matter what tat's and all!!!  You judgemental christians give God a bad name and many a times your actions are the reason why many people are turned off by God....shame on you!!  But the good news is he love you too!! Good thing hey!!!

Lisa 

I hope she reads the message that you wrote to her! The only Christians that would judge her by her tat's are the Bible thumpers. I am a Christian myself and I still want to have a small tat done on my ankle. I'm actually surprised that she even mentioned Christians judging her over this. I would have assumed the ones who would be judgmental are people who are prudes or people who are just looking for something to judge in the first place. Tat's are so commonplace anymore that I tend to find it fairly normal to see them.

First | Prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next | Last