Message Boards

Topic : 08/15 Ask Dr. Phil and Robin

Number of Replies: 166
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, November 20, 2007, 06:09:50 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 11/30/07) It's Ask Dr. Phil and Robin Day! From a Dancing with the Stars hunk to a reformed wild child, they answer all kinds of questions. First up, Derren says he's allergic to his girlfriend, Ana. Every time they see each other, he breaks out in hives, gets itchy eyes and suffers migraines. Is breaking up their only solution? Next, 25 million people watched Abercrombie & Fitch model, Albert Reed, cha cha his way to the top on Dancing with the Stars. How is he coping with his newfound fame? Then, partying all night on the beach, girls, drinking ... This kind of spring break may be the biggest dream for a teenage boy, but it's a mother's worst fear. Penny says no way is her 17-year-old son going on a spring break trip. Her husband says what's the big deal? What do Dr. Phil and Robin think? And, Kristin says her wild days are long gone, but the four tattoos she embellished her body with are a constant reminder of her past. How can she accept what she calls her "tramp stamp" and move forward? Plus, go behind the scenes and learn how Dr. Phil is produced, and it caused a sensation on YouTube, now don't miss the mom anthem performed for the first time live on TV! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

August 23, 2008, 6:56 am CDT

gone at 40

Quote From: jordandylan

I am a staff member of the show and worked with Nicole for 5 years. I'm glad that viewers got a chance to see who this person was. We watched her fight a fight that not many people could  have endured. She was beautiful, smart, considerate, funny and loved life. We all miss her so much and hope that if anything, she was an inspiration to people,  48 hours before she passed, friends were with her sharing stories and Nic still cracked a smile -- she left knowing that hundreds of people cared about her and were sad to watch such a wonderful human being be taken away from them. We are still crying but will use her strength to move forward and learn from her. She had so much to give and she will always be in our hearts.

to Dr. phil and his staff,   i didn't mean to exclude all of you from my message.  i am sorry.  I know all of you loved nicole.  her strength  will let you move foward and all of you will learn from her.  her memories will always be in your hearts and thats something nobody will  ever  be  able to take away from all of you.  nicole was a very special person.

August 31, 2008, 11:40 am CDT

Quote From: ramair

You obviously know nothing about spring break.

I know exactly what goes on at spring break. Getting drunk wild and crazy is what its all about. Ive been there and done that. 

Ive outgrown that phase of life....................

September 1, 2008, 7:31 am CDT

Quote From: ramair

Jewels, this is the same guy who thinks fat people can't be trusted to make responsible choices in a fast food environment. Yet, he thinks teenagers can be trusted to make responsible choices in an environment filled with alcohol and sex?

I never said anything about whether overweight people making responsible choices or being trusted in a fast food environment. I only said that it is not expected to eat healthy when eating in the fast food environment. I have nothing against people with weight problems. I do not disrespect people with this kind of problem. I just don't get how eating fast food or eating fast food on a normal everyday basis is good for your body...........

When it comes to spring break thats a different situation. Teenagers going on spring break go for parties, getting drunk, sex and perhaps drug use. They obviously cant and wont be trusted to make right choices in that kind of an environment. When they go on spring break things they do and decisions they make are up to them. Adult supervision is GONE.  They are teenage adults making there own decisions.  

Ive been at spring break. I know what goes on at spring break and Ive never seen anyone to stop these wild and crazy people...........

September 7, 2008, 8:22 pm CDT

Thanks for your comments

Quote From: ravinls

I hope this young lady read s this.  I could understand that you may want to get rid of your tat's because they remind you of  "bad" times in you life.  But what really bothered me was when you said that you feel most judged around the christians!!!!!  I am so glad that you have a committed and now have a new knowledge of God however, those type of christians that would Make you feel judged are so far from who and what our Lord and Savior really is about  that it makes me want to  puke!!! God loves you just the way you are and were and what you are going to be.  Ive been a born again believer since 6years old.  Ive had to undo alot of wrong teaching about God...  I have three tattos and I got them in my thirties!!!  I love my tattoo because they have positive meaning.  I even have a cross with the word freedom on my stomach..because my freedom come from who I am in Christ.  Please so not allow judgemental people to make you get rid of your tat''s.  Do it only if it really bothers your heart.  God loves you no matter what tat's and all!!!  You judgemental christians give God a bad name and many a times your actions are the reason why many people are turned off by God....shame on you!!  But the good news is he love you too!! Good thing hey!!!

Lisa 

I read your reply and I thank you for the encouragement about who we are in Christ and how we are forgiven and loved where we are. I have finally come to the place where I do understand that and embrace it. The problem I have with my tatts is that they are home done, and not well. They look really ghetto, for lack of a better word, and I hate them. I have nothing againt tattoos in general, although I certainly am done. Aside from the fact that I dont remember picking them out, they are poorly done and look it, they do remind me of seriously bad and desperate times. I know some may say that I am not using them as a chance to witness to my kids, but when they ask about them I just say that they are boo-boos and hope thay they will be gone by the time they really know what they are!

God Bless!

September 9, 2008, 2:25 pm CDT

Mom crafts myspacepages for her dogs fulltime

The show  I am writing about had the mom who spent all her time developing the myspace pages for her dogs,  resulting in her adult sons asking for more time with her.

The comments that struck me were the mom saying ' What would I do, if I didn't do this? I packed my son's work lunch every day.  I'm disabled and can't do anything else.'

Obviously, the mom's disability does not interfere with her being creative in webpage development, and spending 12 hours a day on it.  She could become a highly sought after web page creator, with an income and successful business.  Encourage her to do it!

November 25, 2008, 3:24 pm CST

Nicole.

Quote From: mittens01

to Dr. phil and his staff,   i didn't mean to exclude all of you from my message.  i am sorry.  I know all of you loved nicole.  her strength  will let you move foward and all of you will learn from her.  her memories will always be in your hearts and thats something nobody will  ever  be  able to take away from all of you.  nicole was a very special person.

I was so blessed to have this amazing woman in my life. I am almost 18 and I have known nicole since I was 8. I have such vivid memories of her in my head even from the first time I met her and when she was diagnosed when I was in 3rd grade. I was so scared because not knowing how I would handle not having her there. Anyone who knew Nicole knew she was such a happy person. She never let life get her down and never let the cancer get the best of her. If there is one thing she has taught me it is to live everyday as full as you can. The last thing she had told me was to be strong and to not ever let things create a road block between me and the life ahead of me. That is advice I would suggest you tell every person who means a great deal to you. Nicole is my gaurdian angel and someone who I think about everyday. If you didn't know Nicole you should know she always smiled and struggled with her battle with cancer but NEVER let it get her down. She was there for everyone and was so truly humble and had the best personality of ANYONE out in the world. I never realized how much I would miss her but now she's gone and knowing she will not be there for my graduation, my wedding, me having kids, completely breaks my heart. OH what I would do for one last chance to tell her I love her. I know she loved working for Dr. Phil and said it was a huge blessing and that everyone was so kind. So to the staff of Dr Phil I would like to say thank you for treating her the way she deserved to be treated. I will never forget the little parties we had and the little times we just sat and laughed. One thing I encourage every person to do is to take advantage of the people you love and never let them slip away because it will be one thing you will regret. Nicole can never be replaced in my life or forgotten.

I cherish every memory I have of her and I have been lucky enough to have been surrounded by her love and smile while I was growing up.

I know she is in a better place now and looking down on every person she loves.

I miss her more than anything and I always will.

R.I.P Nicole Von Ruden

First | Prev | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | Next Page | Last Page