Message Boards

Topic : 12/03 Shocking Teen Trends

Number of Replies: 204
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 30, 2007, 01:39:10 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
It’s no surprise that teens engage in reckless activities, but kids today are doing much more than sneaking a drink of alcohol. The newest trends can be deadly for your kids -- from street racing to car surfing. Dominic, 18, is obsessed with illegal street racing, and his friend, Justin, boasts that he’s driven 147 mph on the highway! Dominic’s mother, Susan, fears for his safety, but doesn’t know how to control him. Can Dr. Phil get the boys to put on the brakes? Then, 17-year-old Trais was street racing when he accidentally killed a wheelchair-bound mother of two in front of her children. Don’t miss his strong message for Dominic and Justin. And, meet a mom who worries that her 13-year-old daughter spends more time in a virtual online world than in the real one. Can Dr. Phil help the girl return to reality? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 3, 2007, 12:31 pm CST

MY SON

MY SON IS 17 AND STILL DOES NOT LHAVE HIS LISCENSE FOR THAT VERY REASON. YES HE DOES HATE ME NOW. BUT AT LEAST HE IS ALIVE TO DO SO.

December 3, 2007, 12:33 pm CST

These kids aren't street racers

The term "street racing" shouldn't even be used on this show.  These kids are just morons who drive too fast.  You wanna do a show on street racing, find a real street racer, somebody who has done it as a main source of income or is still doing it as their primary source of income.  These two kids are idiots and the mom is just as bad for buying the kid another FASTER car!  Seriously....

December 3, 2007, 12:37 pm CST

And judging by the way you composed your message

Quote From: adeadpoet123

dr phil you pick the dumbest replesentatives for street racing its funny but only sucky cars go 100 i know dominic personally is car is slow i raced him in my crappy truck and beat him i cant wait for this on monday dude and put it on myspace and you tube 100 is nothin
... I woud venture to say you are not much smarter than Dominic. Perhaps you should consider spending more time at school.

December 3, 2007, 12:40 pm CST

Overlooked ticket?

Where does this guy live?  I want to move there.  Police over look tickets?  My son, who has a psychiatric disorder, got drunk one night, fell into an unlocked store and took 2 six packs of beer and a few lottery tickets.  He returned all the next day, intact, and tried to apologize.  He got 5 years in prison for that. They have just recently let him out on parole.  He had his freedom for 29 days ane they violated him for having pictures of his daughter, a maxium magazine and a picture of some actress named Tiffany.....all things the NYS prison system handed him when they released him .  The Parole officers entered his 77 year old grandmothers home and did over $1000. worth of damage.  They rifled through her belongings and even took her Walt Disney tape "Lady and the Tramp" They demanded to know what was on that tape, from my son stating "You better tell me whats really on this tape boy...You don't know who your F------g with! Some way for a state offical to talk to someone. His grandmother was not even home at the time 

The states response.....its their right.  They don't need her permission to enter the home or remove what they "need" to. 

So tell me where they live.....We will pack and move in a NYCity minute!!!! 

December 3, 2007, 12:40 pm CST

street racing

people are blaming the kids but what about the car companys that are making the cars go that fast there is no sence in cars be made to go that fast so there is blame than the kids in the cars

December 3, 2007, 1:03 pm CST

You obviously miss the point of show

Quote From: adeadpoet123

dr phil you pick the dumbest replesentatives for street racing its funny but only sucky cars go 100 i know dominic personally is car is slow i raced him in my crappy truck and beat him i cant wait for this on monday dude and put it on myspace and you tube 100 is nothin
I will say Im dissapointed in what you just said. Street Racing is dangerous careless selfish and deadly. If you feel this urge to push your car go do it on a track where you will only kill yourself instead of my children and my loved ones.

December 3, 2007, 1:09 pm CST

another one misses the point

Quote From: smartass408

Ok,  first let me say, I don't know about street racing, nor do I care about it at the moment.  The one thing i do know about however is video games.  I think the game  Dr. Phil chose to talk about is laughable.  Second life is a second rate game and there aren't even that many people that play it.  I think the subscriber number varies anywhere from around 1-4 million.  If Dr. Phil or his staff knew anything they would have looked at the game World of Warcraft or Everquest.  These games have a much more addictive quality.  World of Warcraft has double the number of subscribers of Second Life at around 9 million and is a much more popular game, and there have been stories of people killing and killing themselves over these games.  All this just goes to show me how uneducated most people are about the games that are out there.  So bravo Dr. Phil for talking about a game that no one plays.  If you really
wanted to talk about relevant games, you would have done the story on World of Warcraft.

Also, i'm 19 and i know enjoy playing World of Warcraft, and i've had some days where i've played 10 hours or more a day.  I've been playing since i was 17. I currently have over 1 month of time played in the game.  Yea i know that's alot, but i feel that it didn't affect my life in any negative manner. I graduated high school with a 3.995 GPA and i went to plenty of school and out of school functions and i've had a girlfriend for over 3 years.  So i don't think Dr. Phil or his staff really know wtf they are talking about.

just my 2 cents
It wasnt about the addictive qualities of the game. Nor was it even Second Life they were showing  some thing called there which looks about the same but not. It was about this little girl thowing herself into this virtual life and talking with who knows what pedifile. Addictive games are another story all in itself.

December 3, 2007, 1:10 pm CST

and how many people went to the theatre for the fast and the furious

NOOSSSSS

VTEC YO

December 3, 2007, 1:15 pm CST

heart breaking

When I saw he show today, my heart was just breaking... For the victim's children, the victim's famiy,especially her brother.  I have found that people often separate their lives into two or more portions.  The before and after ones... Before my mother died, before my father died...There are many different emotions and thoughts that separate the two, the one constant being that you can never go back to the way things were "before".  With Trais and his family, I see an almost perfect example of "it can happen to anyone".   This is obviously a family where this young man was surrounded by love.  I have no doubt that his parents taught him to do the "right thing", and set an example about being accountable for your own actions. Trais will never be free from this tragic accident, and the outcome can never be changed. But Ithink by going on the show he has prevented many other families untold amounts of misery and grief.  Try and give yourself a break, Trais.  Your future lies ahead of you, do somethng wonderful with it.

December 3, 2007, 1:15 pm CST

lol...wut?

Quote From: customcruiser

people are blaming the kids but what about the car companys that are making the cars go that fast there is no sence in cars be made to go that fast so there is blame than the kids in the cars

and how many people went to see the fast in the furious in the theatre

how many took their kids to the movie...

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last