Message Boards

Topic : 12/06 Desperate to Be a Mom

Number of Replies: 513
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, November 30, 2007, 01:44:52 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
How far would you go to be a mother? Dr. Phil's guests are women whose biological clocks are ticking time bombs, and they're willing to risk almost everything to become pregnant. When Tonya and Keith got married, they agreed not to have children. Six years later, Tonya has had a change of heart and is now obsessed with having a baby, but Keith is totally opposed to the idea. Can they reach a compromise without resenting each other, or will the baby talk end their wedded bliss? Next, Eric and Michelle have been married over a year and have been unable to conceive. Eric refuses to spend another dime on fertility treatments because he says there's no guarantee she's going to get pregnant. Michelle won't take no for an answer and has even considered going behind her husband's back and charging fertility treatments on her credit card. After talking with Dr. Phil, will Eric decide to invest in the procedures, or will Michelle put her baby dreams on hold? And, Dr. Phil fitness expert, Robert Reames, and his wife, Arminae, share their painful five-year struggle to have another baby. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 29, 2008, 8:06 pm CST

SHAME ON DR PHIL

Dr Phil, I am one of your biggest fans, but (I hope I have the right couple's names here) you gave terrible advise, basically shaming Eric for not wanting to go into debt to try to get Michelle pregnant. You and Robin talked of the blessings of your boys, etc., and it sounded as if you thought there would be no circumstances where this man should stop trying to have a child. Then to continue with the scenerio that when the child is born and has a disease that required an expensive treatment, would he also not want to pay for that since there would be no guarantee of positive results!?!? Shameful! I was squirming for Eric!
I just hope that he didn't feel such terrible pressure from everyone after that which resulted in more debt for this cause. Debt/money differences make relationships crumble and how would this couple feel if they had a baby after all of this and their relationship was damaged or destroyed over MONEY...or lack of it!
Both potential parents should be on the same page WILLINGLY not SHAMED into it!

April 20, 2008, 2:53 pm CDT

Words of encouragement

I record on all of your shows on my DVR, and I have just gotten around to watching your show from 12/06/07 "Desperate to be a mom" and I wanted to encourage Michelle and Eric and give them a piece of advice. I have a sister named Michelle as well and she struggled for about 7 years to have a child. After about 5 years she found out why it was so hard, she also suffers from polycystic ovary syndrome. She believes there are two reasons why she was able to have a child. One is that her she finally found a better job working at a church office instead of a bar. And found an inner peace. She believes God had his own plan and that once her life was in order, he gave her the gift of a baby. The second thing she swears by is a medication called Glucophage. The reason I am telling you this is because most doctors do not think of using this medication for the treatment of PCOS. This medication is typically used for diabetics, but her doctor had heard about using it for PCOS so they tried it. She used it for awhile with no results. She then decided to start taking it the way she was supposed to, at the exact same time everyday. After three months of this she found out she was pregnant. Eighteen months later they decided to try again, so she went on the glucophage again. Once again she took it at the exact same time everyday and three months later she was expecting another baby. I always feel like sharing her story when I hear about someone else who has PCOS because I want everyone to know that there is hope and to never give up. The best thing to do is to keep praying and to try everything possible. It is also very important to take the medication exactly the way the doctors tell you. So I would love it if you could share this story with Michelle and Eric, to maybe give them some hope in their process of trying to have a baby.

Thank you,

Lisa D.

October 3, 2008, 11:00 am CDT

TTC with PCOS

I was diagnosed with PCOS in July of 2008.  My husband and I have been trying to conceive for 9 years now.  I am now on Metformin, Sprironolactone, Provera.  It is heartbreaking every month that I am not pregnant.  I have 2 sisters that have children and it breaks my heart.  No one around me understands the heartache that it causes.  I just wanted to chat with anyone who has had success while on these meds or can offer some cheerful advice.  You can contact me at pawprintedlife@gmail.com

First | Prev | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | Next Page | Last Page