Message Boards

Topic : 12/07 A Killer Among Us

Number of Replies: 291
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, December 04, 2007, 04:09:15 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Every nine seconds a woman is battered in the United States. More shocking is that 50 percent of all women murdered in the U.S. are killed by a spouse or an acquaintance. Dr. Phil goes inside a story that has captured national attention for over a month. In this ripped-from-the-headlines show he delves into the events surrounding the disappearance of 23-year old Stacy Peterson, mother of two, and wife of Drew Peterson. Attorney Lisa Bloom, and Drew’s former fiancée, Kyle Piry, weigh in on this mysterious case. Is Drew involved in his fourth wife's disappearance, or did his wife really leave him for another man, as he claims? Then, meet another couple in crisis. Amanda says she lives in fear of her husband, Chris. She says he abuses her and she worries one day he will go too far, but she stays in the marriage anyway. Amanda's mother, Debby, thinks her daughter is living in denial and fears she will end up like Laci Peterson. Chris admits to being abusive but wants to try and salvage the relationship. You won't believe Chris' mother, Cheryl’s, explanation for his behavior!  And, Kim Gandy, the president of the National Organization for Women joins Dr. Phil with some startling domestic violence statistics and teaches victims how to develop an escape plan. If you live in fear of your spouse, this show just might save your life. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 11, 2007, 11:39 pm CST

Where were they Dr. Phil ?

Where were they, Dr. Phil? 

Where were the statistics that were promised?   I heard but one.  An all IMPORTANT ONE, FOR SURE. Where were the rest?

Why was the representative from NOW not incorporated in more of the show?

Why are the escape plans not a part of these  on air shows?   I do realize it is listed on the show board.

Bring on the Domestic Violence / Abuse experts and give them the floor....more experts with air time such as you've begun to do with the IT'S HAPPENING NOW, SO WE'RE GOING TO DEAL WITH IT NOW shows.

Bring em on!

Thank you.

December 11, 2007, 11:54 pm CST

This guy is not ....

Quote From: Candie

Cheryl needs to get her head out of the sand and help her son before it is to late.  When Chris said in the video tape that he is afraid that he could murder his wife, daughter and himself, that scared the crap out of me.  You think after that, Cheryl would be scared that her son could kill himself???  I would have him committed some where, so he could get the help he needs.  He is a time bomb waiting to happen.  I would much rather have my son in treatment center PO at me, rather then on death row for murder or even worse DEAD.  Cheryl I know you're scared of making your son mad, but as parents our job is to love our kids and keep them safe.  Don't be his best friend, be his mom.  He might hate you now, but he will be alive to love you later. 

This guy is not a patient, he very well could be  a criminal.

His mother is not helping the situation, she is condoning and actually giving him the message that he can continue his abuse.  Her comments give him permission to continue.

I can not imagine ever standing by my son's behavior and choices such as these.

I'd be the first person to protect my daughter-in-law and my grandchild.

How sad it is, that Chris' mother is NOT part of the solution to keep her daughter-in-law and grandchild safe.

Denial is such a tame word for what could be horrific repercussions.

December 12, 2007, 12:04 am CST

What about the deal breakers

What is there here to salvage?

Run woman, run with your child.

What is one suppose to think?......this behavior, all the deal breakers.......deal breakers that mean you "get out"

Dr Phil says ... there are just some things that you don't stick around for.

Is this not a huge deal breaker?  

Of course.

Run woman, run with your child.

December 12, 2007, 3:38 pm CST

Self esteem

Self esteem does have alot to do with why we women have stayed in this type of a relationship and also the men are most likly controlling but by the time you figure that out you have fallen in love maybe have children, I to was here but It took 16 yrs fear was a factor and he was even in and out of prison the abuse came in so many ways and some people will never understand why some women stay and never will. A plan helps and if you can get in to see a therapist. Because its is the abuser that has a problem and a self esteem issues. And I chose to leave for my Children and I am thankful every day that I made that choice.

There is so much more out there in life then were you are at in an abusive relationship (Freedom)and that is a big word. And Remember it is a Choice you make.

December 12, 2007, 3:53 pm CST

UNKNOWN COURT SYSTEM

Quote From: annett

IS THIS WOMEN INSANE....DON'T  BLAME THE POLICE  FOR THIS  MATTER....YOU HAVE TO ASK THE FRIENDS AND FAMILY......???  SHE CRIED  OUT TO THEM.  WHY IS IT THAT ONLY AFTER THE FACT THAT SHE IS MISSING,  THAT ALL THESE STORIES START  TO SURFACE  ABOUT  WHAT  FRIENDS SAID  SHE TOLD THEM  OR  WHAT  THEY  SAW.....GIVE ME   A  BREAK..   IF  YOU  KNOW   THAT  SOMEONE  IS IN AN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP ...TAKE SOME KIND OF  ACTION.  I  SPEAK  FROM EXPERIENCE....I WAS  IN AN ABUSIVE RELATIONSHIP  AND I WAS A POLICE OFFICER..  I TRIED  VERY  HARD  TO HELP WOMEN IN THIS SITUATION   WITH KNOWLEDGE  OF THEIR  OPTIONS  AND  WHERE TO GO  AND  GET  HELP... IT'S THE COURT  SYSTEMS THAT FAIL  WOMEN.  THE  POLICE  ARREST  THESE  GUYS  AND   THE LAWYERS  GET  THEM  A SLAP ON THE HAND.    WHERE  IS  THEIR  PUNISHMENT.!!! 

This is a normal day for most. Most can say that they are scared but most of all dont say what scares them the most.

At the end of all the torment you can live your life within the four walls knowing where he is and yes if he kills you then its over, for yourself but you also know that the assulter can never have custody of the kids.

Or you can go through and take your kids and run for miles and always looking over your shoulder and never trust anyone ever. You can never know who to trust. It comes down to you can get help and the help takes you to a solicitor who wants money, then to the courts and you need to prove yourself worthy before you can finalise and go home once and for all, not afraid of anyone. And know once and for all your kids will never have to be taken for custody rights to the assulter if they dont want to. When these matters are dealt with then more will move on more freely and be rescued.

December 13, 2007, 11:03 am CST

12/07 A Killer Among Us

A local news/talk program had a friend of Drew Pterson on. Steve Carcerano. And, was he ever full of it! He's only known Peterson since 1999, when he was married to Kathleen Savio.
Know what he had to say about her recent autopsy? Where the coroner found that bloody gash on the back of her head? That other coroners refuted it. Wonder where he got that information? Peterson, I'll bet.
Carcerano also said that Peterson never abused his first wife. How would he know? He's known Peterson for less than nine years. If the first wife wasn't abused, why aren't they still married?

December 14, 2007, 5:37 am CST

Amen!!!

Quote From: ramair

A local news/talk program had a friend of Drew Pterson on. Steve Carcerano. And, was he ever full of it! He's only known Peterson since 1999, when he was married to Kathleen Savio.
Know what he had to say about her recent autopsy? Where the coroner found that bloody gash on the back of her head? That other coroners refuted it. Wonder where he got that information? Peterson, I'll bet.
Carcerano also said that Peterson never abused his first wife. How would he know? He's known Peterson for less than nine years. If the first wife wasn't abused, why aren't they still married?
I would like for the first wife to come forward and either refute or uphold the abuse stance.

December 14, 2007, 11:18 am CST

Not a reason

Quote From: eliana01

Postpartum depression in not an excuse for the way women respond, it's a reason; and women who end up tragically killing their children aren't suffering from postpartum depression, it's postpartum PSYCHOSIS; big difference, look it up...

I COMPLETELY agree with you that a woman who physically abuses her husband should be held to the same standard that a man is held to.  There is no excuse for physical abuse by either partner.

You see, it is all about psychosis and that is no reason. PPD is a reason to get medical help. PPD is a reason to give your child over to a parent or sister. PPD is a reason to walk away from a defenseless child. PPD is a reason to admit you have a problem. PPD is not a reason to justify strangingly a baby. You can't justfy drowning a baby. You can't justify beating a baby with a bat. You cant justify dumping a baby in the garbage.

Men have psychosis problems too and they are not justified in beatng their wives. Sorry, to me an innocent child has far more value than a man or woman. Pets don't even deserve to be in this discussion.

At least we agree on the physical abuse part.

December 15, 2007, 10:16 pm CST

POLICE COMPLAINT CENTER - REPORT ABUSE

The Police Complaint Center documents and investigates alleged incidents of police abuse.  The staff consists of students, researchers, attorneys, former police officers and licensed private investigators.  The organization believes that many police organizations have done a poor job of protecting the public from abusive officers.  For more information:

www.policeabuse.com

Their primary service is assisting victims of misconduct with reporting complaints to appropriate enforcement agencies.  They also investigate police and sheriffs deputies that are accused of abusive behaviors.

Hope it helps!

December 18, 2007, 3:00 am CST

peterson case

Quote From: nattysmom

It seems that many of the playground bullies have grown up and become cops. They pushed people around in their youth, and now someon has foolishly given them a badge and told them to use it wisely. My son-in-law will soon be one of these. He is a correctional officer at the local prison and is prejudice, doesn't look at the facts of sitituation and has no idea about what the word truth means. When assessing a situation in our family he never relies on facts,only on his opinion and never listens. He in his own mind at least....is always right. Once he is finished with his time at the prison he will be joining the local police dept.

What types of test are done that keep letting these bullies with a badge slip through the cracks?

another fine example of how the police protects it's own.  one wife dead in a dry bathtub and blunt forse trauma to the head and now we can't find this young lady. his smug salatious attitude is one i'd like to rip off his face.  he is absolutrly another oj simpson.  he thinks he will get away with it but one day  her body will wash up somewhere.   he has no conscience, looks like and acts like a sociopath...or worse yet a pscychopath.  hope he doewns' live near any malls

First | Prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | Next | Last