Message Boards

Topic : 12/13 Dr. Phil and Robin's Holiday Special

Number of Replies: 133
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 06, 2007, 03:14:04 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil and Robin invite you to celebrate the season with their sons, Jay and Jordan, and Jay's wife, Erica. The McGraws share some amazing gifts with deserving families who fill the audience, most of whom were affected by the recent Southern California wildfires. First, Howie Mandel and the models from the hit show Deal or No Deal bring some cool presents to put under the Christmas tree. Then, Matt returned from his honeymoon cruise to discover that he and his wife, Danelle's, first home perished in the California fires. And Ruby turned on the news and watched helplessly as her home burned down. Don't miss the wonderful surprises Dr. Phil and Robin have to help them get back on their feet! Plus, Marie Osmond makes a special appearance, and Robin reveals several beauty products that make great stocking stuffers. And, as national spokespersons for Toys for Tots, Dr. Phil and Robin help the organization kick off its 60th anniversary with some surprise visits to needy families in Virginia. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 8, 2007, 7:19 am CST

It's not a *holiday*, it is Christmas!

Dear Dr Phil and Robin, and anyone reading this,

If it were going to be Philmas, or Robinmas, how would you feel if, in order to avoid mentioning your names, people everywhere, over the airwaves, radio, television, in newspapers and in written advertising, began to put a vague name to your birthday and called it, for example, the upcoming 'feast', without telling anyone your name?  If one of you had been dragged through the mud, slapped around, spit on, battered mercilessly, and then crucified (that must have hurt SO much!), in order to save one, ten, or ten thousand lives, wouldn't you like to be remembered BY NAME on your birthday?

In psychological terms, it is a well-known fact that to each human being, the sweetest sound is that of his/her own name.  When we want to make someone feel important, we care enough to ask someone how they like their name spelled, and how they like their name pronounced, because the intention is to show respect and show that we recognize that he/she is unique and, as such, precious and special. 

Why deny Jesus that?  He is both true man and true God, and has feelings, probably ten thousand times more than we do, because He is PURE LOVE.  I very much disagree when people who call themselves Christian, designate Jesus' birthday under the vague, rather commercial, rather entertainment-oriented term of 'holiday'. 

Because of this, I hope that if you cannot change it for this year, at least next year, and the other years after that, you will honour your Christian backbone (spine) by calling this program, centered around giving and generosity, the Dr Phil and Robin Christmas Special.  It's only right, and there shouldn't be anyone feeling left out, because THE important person, in the Name of Whom we go to such lengths to please others and make them feel loved, is Jesus, and He is entitled to His birthday, whatever religion is being practised by shoppers, viewers, or anyone else.

Hug and God bless you both for all the good that you do, and give you always a growing faith.
Alex xx : ) (cross)

December 8, 2007, 10:58 am CST

Happy Holidays

I want to wish you and your family a very safe and Happy Holidays. You and Robin have been such an inspiration to me. My prayers are with you and your family. Please keep me and my family in your prayers. Right now we are going through some very tough times but I know with the love our family has for each other and the strength we get from God we will be able to overcome our trials and tribulations. Thank you and Robin for all your good work. God bless you and your family.

Brenda

December 8, 2007, 11:20 am CST

Matt and Ruby

C'mon, Dr. Phil.  Poor Matt and Ruby return from their honeymoon cruise only to find their first home destroyed by fire.  Give us a break.  I'm 65 and have never been on a cruise so forgive me for not feeling all that sorry for them.  When I came back from my honeymoon .. oh, wait a minute .. that's right, I didn't have a honeymoon because my husband was in the Air Force and we spent the first 1 1/2 years in Germany.  It took us over two years to buy our first home.  That home was in California, but it was 42 years ago and only cost us $17,000.  Give someone a home who has children and are living in a car because the job they have doesn't pay them enough.  Those are the people I really feel sorry for.  By the way, I no longer live in Calirfornia..moved to Illinois 43 years ago. 

December 8, 2007, 3:31 pm CST

Doctor House Phil Show.

And Doctor Holiday Phil Robin's Special. Good luck on that one but like I said Christmas Day is only 3 we-

eks away. Also Doctor Phil you and Robin are welcome to call and wish me a Christ Happy Holiday Marry-

Mas at anny time. See you on Thursday December 13th, 2007.  Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.---------

December 8, 2007, 7:23 pm CST

awesome

Dear Dr.phil and robin,

You guys are both awesome and I admire your work and the way you guys care about toys 4  tots  and do things like that for familes affected by the fires. Robin your such an inspiration to me and i love your books you write AND SOMEDAY I WISH I COULD MEET YOU AND TALK TO YOU. YOU HAVE INSPIRED ME IN WAYS YOU NEVER KNOW. I LOVE WATCHING YOUR SHOW DR.PHIL HOPE YOU BOTH HAVE AN AWESOME HOLIDAY.

December 8, 2007, 10:25 pm CST

Holiday Parties

Dear Dr. Mcgraw and Mrs. McGraw...You deserve to be addressed w/these deserved names once in a while!

Anyway, I just nees to tell you how I feel about your yearly holiday parties you "throw"...

Not only can I relate to you, Robin, of your "extreme" desire to decorate and celebrate and share the holidays with others...But the manner of how you carry it to fluition is beyond wonderful!  If I was blessed with the amount of success you and Dr. Phil have acquired (as well as the monetary level you have available) I would share in the season with others as you do!  I am proud of what you do every year and I so enjoy watching this holiday show!  God bless you both!!!

P.S.  I love how your hubby says he just "sits back and lets you do your thing"!

Take care and happy holidays to your family!

Sincerely and respectfully,

Julie David

Ada, MI 

December 9, 2007, 4:35 pm CST

Merry Christmas!!!

While I'm glad to see some of your contributions go to things like Toys for Tots....I'm inclined to agree with the person who said something about the couple returning from their honeymoon cruise.......yes, I feel bad for them; and, I realize that it has become the "IN" thing to do to take a cruise or go to Hawaii, etc. (spend lots of $$ on something that has a 50% chance of failing!) but, there are so many people out there who are lucky to even get a vacation at all...........many people everywhere lose so much every day and I know you can't help them all......maybe you just need more input from lots more viewers/etc.

Also, I would hope that Robin would mention a beauty product or two from AVON instead of just really expensive products that not everyone can afford.  We have a great line of products and deserve some accolades once in awhile too!

December 10, 2007, 10:25 am CST

HOLIDAY SPECIAL ; )

Happy Holidays To All...........Best Wishes' Dr.Phil&Robin:

There are those of us that would love to be able to do all that you do for other's.

There are so many people in the U.S. that have very little. You and your family are generous and you give the rest of us the inspiration to carry on. 

December 10, 2007, 12:52 pm CST

Grateful Thanks to the Show

Wow reading some of these posts..makes me sad..whats wrong with people....so hateful...

Having personally sat in the audience for that show... It was an amazing experience, surrounded by so many people that escaped the fires with the coats on their backs, some without shoes..moms that lost all their family photos and kids crafts from over the years...it was so sad...

No amount of insurance brings that back...and the idea that everyone in California is rich..is so wrong...

many of these families are CRAMMED into hotel rooms...with minimal clothing etc.

I worked in the Burn unit in San Diego for 34 of the 39 days and one of the firefighters that was burned was kind enough to ask me to go...and Dr Phil extended the invitation to me...

I was so blessed. Ive been a single mom working as a burn nurse since 1979. Ive never been so blessed in my life.

I saw first hand the pain, and loss these people and so many others went thru during the fires...

It was a life changing and horrific experience for so many of us..in California..

We all aren't movie starts with big cars here..folks....

I from the bottom of my heart...want to thank you Dr Phil ,Robin, family..and guests for the nice gifts we would never buy ourselves....

Don't let the negative people on here make you think twice about the nice thing you did for so many people...

Do it again next year for another group of DESERVING PEOPLE...and bless people...

Giving is a wonderful thing!!!!!

Merry Christmas...Thank you so much!!

May Your HOLIDAYS>>>>BE BLESSED!!!!

LC

December 12, 2007, 7:45 pm CST

Merry Christmas Everyone~~~

Good Night :-)

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last