Message Boards

Topic : 12/13 Dr. Phil and Robin's Holiday Special

Number of Replies: 133
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 06, 2007, 03:14:04 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil and Robin invite you to celebrate the season with their sons, Jay and Jordan, and Jay's wife, Erica. The McGraws share some amazing gifts with deserving families who fill the audience, most of whom were affected by the recent Southern California wildfires. First, Howie Mandel and the models from the hit show Deal or No Deal bring some cool presents to put under the Christmas tree. Then, Matt returned from his honeymoon cruise to discover that he and his wife, Danelle's, first home perished in the California fires. And Ruby turned on the news and watched helplessly as her home burned down. Don't miss the wonderful surprises Dr. Phil and Robin have to help them get back on their feet! Plus, Marie Osmond makes a special appearance, and Robin reveals several beauty products that make great stocking stuffers. And, as national spokespersons for Toys for Tots, Dr. Phil and Robin help the organization kick off its 60th anniversary with some surprise visits to needy families in Virginia. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 13, 2007, 8:09 am CST

Right on...

Quote From: ufgm19

Instead of giving gifts to the middle class and upper middle class on your show....you should have given to the poor.  People who can't go to see Dr Phil......people who have nothing......Those who work to support their families....just to get by. Their are many people all over the US.....who have nothing...in any city you can think of...Christmas is about giving....Giving to those....who have less than others.  Would that not be the proper thing to do?  Rather than giving to people...who have more than most.  For years my wife and I ......would open our hearts at the holidays...and cook meals for the poor and homeless.....and we don't have the income you have. Just my opinion.....let me know what you think.......George.......ufgm19@aim.com 
Right on George...so many living with so little......it upsets me that we send so much overseas when our own are hurting and starving...say nothing to the homeless children!! 

December 13, 2007, 9:35 am CST

Christmas giving

First of all let me start this by saying Merry Christmas to all. I think what Dr. Phil and Robin do by giving gifts to others is wonderful. Some say that he should give to the poor and less fortunate, well people have you not been paying attention. Most of his audience for the gift giveaway are those that have been effected by the California wild fires. I'll be honest I would love to be able to receive those kind of gifts from Dr. Phil but I could not sleep at night thinking I took from those that really needed thing to try and pull there lives back from the rubble of what they use to call home. I don't have much, my husband and I don't exchange gifts due to financial reasons but I would give everything I have to help these people. Think about this in another way, WHAT WOULD JESUS DO??? You already know the answer.

December 13, 2007, 10:33 am CST

12/13 Dr. Phil and Robin's Holiday Special

Quote From: philfan_52

While I'm glad to see some of your contributions go to things like Toys for Tots....I'm inclined to agree with the person who said something about the couple returning from their honeymoon cruise.......yes, I feel bad for them; and, I realize that it has become the "IN" thing to do to take a cruise or go to Hawaii, etc. (spend lots of $$ on something that has a 50% chance of failing!) but, there are so many people out there who are lucky to even get a vacation at all...........many people everywhere lose so much every day and I know you can't help them all......maybe you just need more input from lots more viewers/etc.

Also, I would hope that Robin would mention a beauty product or two from AVON instead of just really expensive products that not everyone can afford.  We have a great line of products and deserve some accolades once in awhile too!

AVON does have a great line of beauty products. And, being sold nationwide, they're much more easily obtained than those obscure products, probably only available in LA and online, that Robin and her DIL suggested.

December 13, 2007, 10:50 am CST

Quote From: nikkisdesign

First of all let me start this by saying Merry Christmas to all. I think what Dr. Phil and Robin do by giving gifts to others is wonderful. Some say that he should give to the poor and less fortunate, well people have you not been paying attention. Most of his audience for the gift giveaway are those that have been effected by the California wild fires. I'll be honest I would love to be able to receive those kind of gifts from Dr. Phil but I could not sleep at night thinking I took from those that really needed thing to try and pull there lives back from the rubble of what they use to call home. I don't have much, my husband and I don't exchange gifts due to financial reasons but I would give everything I have to help these people. Think about this in another way, WHAT WOULD JESUS DO??? You already know the answer.
I saw a lot of product placement on today's show. In gifts that didn't seem to matcht the audience's needs. It makes me wonder if the gifts are chosen before Dr Phil decided who to invite. Most were affected by the recent wildfires. I wonder how many are still homeless. With no place to use the TV's and other appliances they were given. I think the audience should've been given gift cards for products and services they could use in their present circumstances.

December 13, 2007, 12:15 pm CST

christmas

Dr Phil and Robin ,

They just give of themselves , not just a christmas but through the whole year. With helping all those in need and those who ask for help, I want to tip my hat off to them, and want to wish them both the best for the holidays and a great new year.  Happy holidays,,,,,

December 13, 2007, 12:40 pm CST

please help me give my kids a christmas,just something plz

December 13, 2007, 12:41 pm CST

Dr.Phil and Robin , just wanted you to know i watch your show everyday....it was a great show today.  You do so many good things for people..............It has been a very stressful year for me and my family,,,,,My husband was diagnosed with oral cancer in April, has had all treatments with little success...So our holiday will not be very festival needless to say but with a 16 yr.old daughter we have to try ...Happy Holidays to you and your family.........................Dianna

December 13, 2007, 1:11 pm CST

Merry Christmas

Hello Dr Phil And Robin
Todays show was great. My heart goes out to those who lost there homes. It gives me some hope that one day they might beable to help me. Yes I do agree it's not a Holiday it is CHRISTMAS. Theres a song on you tube look it up it will make your heart sing. the name is CHRIATMAS with a capital C. go listen.

Merry Christmas

To every one reading and to your family Dr Phil & Robin
Heart Sick

December 13, 2007, 1:22 pm CST

I have always been a big fan of yours,as well as Robins,My daughter bought robins book for me last x-mas and to be honest i don't know why it struck the wrong cord in me today!!!

I was watching and all these diamonds,jeans,phones, games,credit cards my God everything over and over to the same people in the audience.And at that very moment it took me back to when my husband passed away 10-13-03. I had never worked,didn't have to but at the age of 40 i became a widow after 25 yrs of marriage and our first x-mas without him was to say the least,devastating!!  The only thing that helped was my disability of $623 a month  because ive had a pacemaker since i was 14 yrs old and We had no insurance whatsoever and Our Grandson was 3 at the time and here i was with 113.00 to my name that day he died!!!! And i can't draw a cent of his SS until im 52.

I am always happy to see people get things,honest i am but my 1st thought was my grandson & all these people in your audience who could afford nice things on their own,or most of them anyway but here is Dr. Phil giving thousandssssssss to an audience and those of us on fixed incomes cannot get what their child wants,and as a mother it made me feel like crap,i started bawling,and still am!!!!!!!!!!!

and im sure i cannot be the only one!!!!!!!!!

But thats the way the game goes,people who dont really "NEED" it really don't appreciate it!!!!!!

I'm sorry But this is how i felt Dr.phil and it was like a slap in the face!!!

But i was shocked!!!!!!!!!

I just cannot believe it for the life of me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 13, 2007, 1:26 pm CST

Quote From: burnrn

Wow reading some of these posts..makes me sad..whats wrong with people....so hateful...

Having personally sat in the audience for that show... It was an amazing experience, surrounded by so many people that escaped the fires with the coats on their backs, some without shoes..moms that lost all their family photos and kids crafts from over the years...it was so sad...

No amount of insurance brings that back...and the idea that everyone in California is rich..is so wrong...

many of these families are CRAMMED into hotel rooms...with minimal clothing etc.

I worked in the Burn unit in San Diego for 34 of the 39 days and one of the firefighters that was burned was kind enough to ask me to go...and Dr Phil extended the invitation to me...

I was so blessed. Ive been a single mom working as a burn nurse since 1979. Ive never been so blessed in my life.

I saw first hand the pain, and loss these people and so many others went thru during the fires...

It was a life changing and horrific experience for so many of us..in California..

We all aren't movie starts with big cars here..folks....

I from the bottom of my heart...want to thank you Dr Phil ,Robin, family..and guests for the nice gifts we would never buy ourselves....

Don't let the negative people on here make you think twice about the nice thing you did for so many people...

Do it again next year for another group of DESERVING PEOPLE...and bless people...

Giving is a wonderful thing!!!!!

Merry Christmas...Thank you so much!!

May Your HOLIDAYS>>>>BE BLESSED!!!!

LC

But how do diamonds and cell phones help????????

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last