Message Boards

Topic : 12/13 Dr. Phil and Robin's Holiday Special

Number of Replies: 133
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 06, 2007, 03:14:04 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil and Robin invite you to celebrate the season with their sons, Jay and Jordan, and Jay's wife, Erica. The McGraws share some amazing gifts with deserving families who fill the audience, most of whom were affected by the recent Southern California wildfires. First, Howie Mandel and the models from the hit show Deal or No Deal bring some cool presents to put under the Christmas tree. Then, Matt returned from his honeymoon cruise to discover that he and his wife, Danelle's, first home perished in the California fires. And Ruby turned on the news and watched helplessly as her home burned down. Don't miss the wonderful surprises Dr. Phil and Robin have to help them get back on their feet! Plus, Marie Osmond makes a special appearance, and Robin reveals several beauty products that make great stocking stuffers. And, as national spokespersons for Toys for Tots, Dr. Phil and Robin help the organization kick off its 60th anniversary with some surprise visits to needy families in Virginia. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 13, 2007, 1:28 pm CST

Yes,it is good when people give but come on,diamonds,phones......such stuff isnt a neccessity!!

the earrings could fee a fewwwwwwwww children on x-mas day!!!!!!!!

December 13, 2007, 1:50 pm CST

Im watching and feeling a little happy for them, and sad for me!

I really do enjoy watching you guys get such joy in 'sharing your holidays' with the audience, but to watch several people get so many nice things is very sad. I finally just changed the channel and came to write here. Can you also have a way for normal people to even win something that your giving away?  When people are in rough situations (they all don't have to be natural disaters, just life disasters) and having hard times, it is tough to watch the audience get SO many nice things. Don't get me wrong, I think it is awesome to help those families start over from the fire- but don't they also have insurance that helps them recover the tv's and stuff they lost?  I know that you can't provide a gift for everyone in the world, but you could give others an opportunity somehow?  A chance to win a set of something, or i don't know- just a thought.

December 13, 2007, 1:59 pm CST

I Would Have Loved To Have Been An Audience Member

I haven't watched the Christmas taping yet, but I already know I'm going to cry when I see what Phil and Robin are going to do for the audience.  I tried to contact someone from the show to try to get a golden ticket to be in the audience, and couldn't even get my foot in the door.  My husband was laid off from his job just over a month ago, and we missed 2 of our 3 childrens birthdays last month, and have nothing to give our little ones for Christmas because unemployment just pays our mortgage, and we cannot risk to be late on our payments, or lose our home.  I'm glad that there are kind people out there giving, but, I haven't had any luck trying to get help to get us through this time for our kids sake.  I really wish I had the opportunity to be a part of the audience. I have to stop, I'm crying.....

December 13, 2007, 2:01 pm CST

12/13 Dr. Phil and Robin's Holiday Special

To Dr Phil:

I felt bad for the way I was thinking today after watching your show.I am the biggest fan and was dissappointed when I saw all the things that were given away to all the people in your audience.Some gifts would have been ok but,I think it was way over board and many things could have gone out to people who really needed them.Maybe perhaps the audience could have been told to donate them to people they know who need them.Really who needs 30 gifts when you can afford things already.I have 9 children to buy for and have not been working do to an injury,and my husband is laid off right now.BUT....I still find a way to donate to people at christmas who are less unfortunate then us.I know you guys are the greatest and I am very proud to watch your show,but maybe next year you can do something else that the audience gets more involved with giving,instead? Merry Christmas...

thank-you!

starlene

December 13, 2007, 2:14 pm CST

Its not right, ya its that time of the year,but com on Dr,Phil. There are faimlys that can't give there family a  Christmass,with Wal-mart stopping lay-a-ways.I wonder how these christmas are going to be filled.Its sad to think of all of the little ones out there,this christmass,and yes of their mom and dads not be able to fill christmas needs for there faimly,gifts food ect.  Dr Phil and Robin, did you ever think of them

out here in Tv land,and try to put on a 12 DAYS of Christmas like ELLEN been doing for the past yrs.  For  Family that DON"T  HAVE ANY-THING ,making pay-day to pay-day ,and have a hard time of it . Don't know where the next meal is coming from or what its going to be. Sure would be great if you and your wife could do this for  these familys.

December 13, 2007, 2:19 pm CST

Quote From: missyred

C'mon, Dr. Phil.  Poor Matt and Ruby return from their honeymoon cruise only to find their first home destroyed by fire.  Give us a break.  I'm 65 and have never been on a cruise so forgive me for not feeling all that sorry for them.  When I came back from my honeymoon .. oh, wait a minute .. that's right, I didn't have a honeymoon because my husband was in the Air Force and we spent the first 1 1/2 years in Germany.  It took us over two years to buy our first home.  That home was in California, but it was 42 years ago and only cost us $17,000.  Give someone a home who has children and are living in a car because the job they have doesn't pay them enough.  Those are the people I really feel sorry for.  By the way, I no longer live in Calirfornia..moved to Illinois 43 years ago. 

...so how many times has YOUR house been destroyed by a fire?

December 13, 2007, 2:19 pm CST

Thank you

I was invited to be in the audience, not because of the fires, but because of my daughter's mental illness and the problems that has created in our life.

It was a humbling experience being with the people who have experienced such sorrow due to the fires or, like me, from other "disasters."

The gifts received enabled me to provide a holiday for my family, and also to donate the items I cannot use to recipients who could!  Not only did the Dr. Phil show do a good deed, but enabled me to do one as well.  That, in and of itself, is a wonderful gift.

Thank you to all involved.  It has been a magical week--distributing the gifts and being able to see some smiles at the holiday I might not have otherwise seen.

December 13, 2007, 2:32 pm CST

there are so many people in need

how do we reach them all?

i have some good friends that have a child with special medical needs and her mom has just had her second back surgery. they have been on the verge of homelessness for over a year. i help with what i can but truthfully they need so much more than i can offer them.
i would love to see the mcgraw family touch their lives with their grace and generocity.

December 13, 2007, 2:34 pm CST

Christmas Giveaway Show

I love the show but sure wish that those of us who are going through tough times in everyday living could be eligible too. My hubby and I are both dissabled and living on small social security checks and it would sure be great to recieve some of the great gifts also. We love your show and watch it every day. God bless those deserving people and happy holdays to all. Much love in Christ.

December 13, 2007, 2:41 pm CST

robin does use affordable products

Quote From: ramair

AVON does have a great line of beauty products. And, being sold nationwide, they're much more easily obtained than those obscure products, probably only available in LA and online, that Robin and her DIL suggested.
not that we should all be judging robin but in the past she has shown the product she uses. her face wash is Johnson and Johnson "Purpose" - i only know because after the show i tried it and have loved it ever since.

i have to say that i would LOVE to meet Robin in person because i think she is incredibly kind hearted and more humble than most people

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last