Message Boards

Topic : 12/18 Dangerous Daughters

Number of Replies: 130
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 13, 2007, 05:11:08 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Little girls are often the apple of their parents' eye, but what happens when these sweet, innocent daughters grow up to become dangerous young women? Dr. Phil's guests say their daughters are on destructive paths to nowhere. Krista, 22, was a beauty queen who went from wearing a tiara to walking the streets. She will beg, borrow and steal to get money to support her drug habit. She says if she doesn't get help, she will die, but you won't believe what happened after the Dr. Phil cameras left her house! Her mother, Janet, says after two overdoses and four trips to rehab, the family is beginning to lose hope that Krista can be saved. Find out what Dr. Phil tells Krista she must do in order to turn her life around. Then, Beverly and Gil's 26-year-old daughter, Barbara, brutally attacked Gil with a hammer while he slept. Why do they believe Barbara's ex-girlfriend, Corrina, is to blame for the attack? They say Barbara showed no signs of violence before the beating, but did they miss the warnings? Corrina says she has no idea what made Barbara snap, and she wants to clear her name. Barbara's sister and brother weigh in. Why do they also say Corrina is responsible? And, hear what Barbara has to say from behind bars.  Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 18, 2007, 8:23 pm CST

I am Janet's best friend.

I have responded individually to some posts that blatently spew lies. This will be my last post.

Janet and I met in one of the 12-step programs in 1987. She has been my dearest friend ever since. She is the godmother of my sons. I was there when her youngest daughter was born. We have done theatre together to benefit the 12-step programs. She was there when I was depressed. She has been a rock throughout my divorce and new life as a single parent.

When the roads aren't covered with ice and snow, we spend a Saturday or Sunday together. We take out dogs to the dog beach. We go to garage sales. We go to Starbucks. We watch Tim Gunn's Guide to Style together. Her husband gets carry-out from the pita place. They grill outside. We swim, we laugh, we talk.

The woman shown on the Dr. Phil show was an exhausted mother at the end of her rope. The woman shown on the Dr. Phil show was the real deal. The tears were real and her appearance was haggard because of the stress shes been living with off and on with Krista.

The accusations that she was "high" and "out of it" are unbelievable. I met Janet in sobriety and I know her no other way. There's never been alcohol in their fridge. I've never seen her drink. If she appears "out of it" it's because she happens to be a very emotional woman. Anyone who knows her personally can attest to that. She does have a dramatic flair. But the accusations in some of the posts are completely unfounded and unfair.

Janet goes to Alanon and other 12-step meetings. She works so hard at overcoming her own negative tapes. She has not neglected her daughter. If she was a failure as a mother her other daughters would also be screwed up.

She went on the show to save her daughter's life. This wasn't about being a beauty queen, or a mother who failed. Janet knew going into this there was risk of blacklash. Television is two-dimensional. The producers were at their house for days. You saw what they wanted you to see. Here's what's critical - KRISTA GOT HELP. Dr. Phil talked to her and used his resources to get her into a treatment center. THAT'S why Janet went on the show.

I didn't know there were so many qualified inventory takers out there.

Peace.

December 18, 2007, 8:28 pm CST

boarding house

Quote From: ozwonk

I completely agree with everything you said.   Corinna was very obviously shaken and hurt by their accusations and trying to place blame on her instead of realizing their daughter is the one who needs help.  My sympathies are with Corinna.
Why on earth would parents let their adult daughter, her love interest & daughter live in their home? tje Mom was in total denial & justified everything her daughter did. they need to look inward & examine what they did or did not do as parents & stop blaming everyone else.

December 18, 2007, 8:31 pm CST

12/18 Dangerous Daughters

Quote From: nnjgirl

I am amazed that Janet, a "recovered addict" is taking adderal, klonipin & whatever else. Who does she get to "precribe" this stuff to her & for what conditions? Or does she get it over the  internet. She was clearly enabling & all about herself & her fake tears! She acts like an addict, in denial & making excuses for everything. She ought to pack up & go to rehab herself. No, she is not clean & sober, she's addicted to presciption medication & the quack who gives it to her ought not to be practicing medicine.

Those tears were not fake. Janet's highly emotional. Always has been. She was an emotional wreck with her daughter's antics.

How do YOU know she's addicted to prescription meds? Do you hear what you've said in your post about someone you don' t even KNOW? You saw her for approximately 45 minutes. You have 1) recommended rehab 2) diagnosed addiction 3) assumed her crying wasn't real 4) assumed she was "all about herself" 5) decided she is not clean and sober.

Wow. Do you predict lottery numbers too?

December 18, 2007, 8:35 pm CST

Who's Krista's mom kidding?

I don't know if anyone noticed, but Krista's mom sure looked and behaved as if she was high. She has her own issues to deal with. Apple's rarely fall far from the tree.

December 18, 2007, 8:55 pm CST

No lottery numbers

Quote From: secondchapter

Those tears were not fake. Janet's highly emotional. Always has been. She was an emotional wreck with her daughter's antics.

How do YOU know she's addicted to prescription meds? Do you hear what you've said in your post about someone you don' t even KNOW? You saw her for approximately 45 minutes. You have 1) recommended rehab 2) diagnosed addiction 3) assumed her crying wasn't real 4) assumed she was "all about herself" 5) decided she is not clean and sober.

Wow. Do you predict lottery numbers too?

I work in a prison, I see those behaviors ALL DAY LONG. tell me whattconditions your buddy takes adderal for. Janet is an emotional "wreck" & was giving an award winning performance. Oh, by the way, how many packs of cigarettes does she smoke a day?

December 18, 2007, 9:02 pm CST

Nail on the head

To see your show with the model with the drug addiction, boy you hit the nail on the head. My daughter has been involved with modeling for several years, she is now almost 21. We just found out last week that she has had problems with drugs for many years, including during high school and recently. I will try to make it short. We found out she did cocaine during high school from 10-12 grade. She got away from it for awhile and started again just after. She finally got away from it but also was drinking which intensified the problem. She meet someone and was on her way to a better life. Screeech, she was in a bad accident where a crazy driver ran her off the road and totaled her car, knocked her unconciance and ended up in the hospital. After the accident she ended up in pain and was getting help from her doctor until he wouldn't renew pain meds. So she found someone with Oxicontin and so over the next three months she depleated her bank account buying them. She tried to quit on her own and last week we finally got it out of her what has been goin on. Two days after we found out all of the above, she was arrested with possesion of methadone, which she said she had to help her kick the Oxicontin. I can't believe anything she says to me and I love her so much I want to help however I don't know how. I'm scared, confused and don't know where to go next. Now we have criminal and life threatening issues to overcome.

December 18, 2007, 9:07 pm CST

Mom needs help too!!!

Good luck to bothI think both mom and daughter needs to be in rehab.  Mom does not seem to make good choices either.

Good luck to both!

December 18, 2007, 9:10 pm CST

Barbara

I do not honestly think a daughter will attack her father that way unless some thing is REALLY wrong in the house. AKA upbringing.

Must be some things bigger than a girlfriend(lover)...

December 18, 2007, 10:04 pm CST

12/18 Dangerous Daughters

Quote From: songbird53

The mom of the beauty queen seems to have serious problems herself.  And, in my humble opinion, she seemed high as a kite through this appearance.  Way out there.

I gotta agree with you on that one.  Wow.

December 18, 2007, 10:51 pm CST

hey

Quote From: famlefamle

she made the  statement, we were very happy. they  broke up and had just gotten back together.  how happy could they have been?
this is a true statement and also I would like to add everything the parents said is true about her I knew this girl

First | Prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | Next | Last