Message Boards

Topic : 12/18 Dangerous Daughters

Number of Replies: 130
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 13, 2007, 05:11:08 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Little girls are often the apple of their parents' eye, but what happens when these sweet, innocent daughters grow up to become dangerous young women? Dr. Phil's guests say their daughters are on destructive paths to nowhere. Krista, 22, was a beauty queen who went from wearing a tiara to walking the streets. She will beg, borrow and steal to get money to support her drug habit. She says if she doesn't get help, she will die, but you won't believe what happened after the Dr. Phil cameras left her house! Her mother, Janet, says after two overdoses and four trips to rehab, the family is beginning to lose hope that Krista can be saved. Find out what Dr. Phil tells Krista she must do in order to turn her life around. Then, Beverly and Gil's 26-year-old daughter, Barbara, brutally attacked Gil with a hammer while he slept. Why do they believe Barbara's ex-girlfriend, Corrina, is to blame for the attack? They say Barbara showed no signs of violence before the beating, but did they miss the warnings? Corrina says she has no idea what made Barbara snap, and she wants to clear her name. Barbara's sister and brother weigh in. Why do they also say Corrina is responsible? And, hear what Barbara has to say from behind bars.  Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 18, 2007, 11:28 am CST

My Family Has Been Down That Road

I have a 24 year old stepbrother, Jason, who has been on drugs for more than 6 years. After my mom and stepdad married, Jason moved down to Florida. That's where he started to get into trouble.  He was arrested during numerous times for drug procession. I remember my mom and stepdad traveling to Florida (we live in PA) everytime to bail him out. After more than a year, he came home on probation, but not before he was arrested again. Even though the arrest had nothing to do with drugs and was actually quit stupid, he was sent back to Florida. Coming back to PA, he went to rehab. A few months after rehab, two of his friends were killed in two separate motorcycle accidents. I believe that's when he started using again, because 3 months later he overdosed and nearly died. He lost several jobs, because they caught him being high on the job. Five months after that, Jason and his brother Ronny were arrested. Jason was arrested for driving under the influence, while Ronny was arrested for underage drinking. Around this time, Ronny started to get into alot of trouble. He admitted to my mom that he had tried cocaine. We started to notice that Jason and Ronny were starting to steal everything they could get their hands on. They sold my stepdad's camera and dvd player. My mom, stepdad, and I had to put locks on our bedroom doors. I even believed Jason sold his dirtbike for drug money even though he claims it was stolen. During this past January, my stepdad's quad was stolen from a locked shed. Who ever took it had ripped the shed's doors clear off. My stepbrothers deny any involvement, but I still don't believe them. My stepdad took the shed keys away from them. During this past March, a friend of theirs died in our home from a drug overdose.  They admitted they smoked marijuana with their friend, but he had brought another drug that they didn't do.  Even after that, Jason still used drugs.  A couple of months ago, Ronny was sent to boot camp, graduated, and is now a marine. He is doing much better. Jason, on the other hand, has met a new girlfriend and moved into  a new apartment together. I don't think it will last long because they fight  all the time and his girlfriend beats him up. I don't live with my mom anymore, so I didn't know if Jason stopped using drugs. During this past October, I had a job where he worked. Unfortunately, on my first day I could tell his was high as a kite. When I saw Krista on today's show, I also saw Jason. I am the only sibling who doesn't drink, smoke, or use drugs, and I am proud of myself for that. I guess Dr. Phil is right when he says that for someone to get help, they need to be honest. Jason has been anything but honest.

December 18, 2007, 12:49 pm CST

12/18 Dangerous Daughters

Quote From: nixi333

The worst thing anybody ever told a junkie was that it's a disease!

The last thing you tell a week minded person is that it's not they're fault!!

a disease is something that you can't control, drugs and alcohol you can control especially if you know you are prone to addiction, YOU DON'T USE AND ABUSE.

I am so sick of all this bleeding heart liberal crap.... I wonder if they will ever stop and realize how much damage they have done.

Im not exactly sure what your getting at with your post. First off I think you meant 'weak minded person' in stead OF WHAT you actually wrote there 'week minded person' unless your referring to a 7 day person? LOL. Here's a tip for you, instead of getting all worked up, riled up and wanting to post a message SO BAD and SO FAST, please take a minute to review your grammer. You could end up sending a point thats giving the wrong meaning...

That being said, YES addiction IS a disease BUT that girl on todays show 'the addict' consciously made the decision to take the drugs, to drink the booze be it at school during lunch or even before school started, she made the conscious decision to steal prescription from her moms purse. The mother 'a recovering addict' herself should be smarter in terms of hiding the drugs, especially knowing her daughter's a severe drug addict...

It's a double edged sword....YES it's a disease. But there are people 'strong minded' and 'strong willed' people WHO DO and CAN get better and druge free on their own. Im sure its not a high percentage but still as Dr.Phil would say, 'he's an incurable optimist.' So it can be done but then there are people who are soo caught up in the drugs that no matter what they cant get better and those I would qualify as 'diseased' with addiction...

Some people beat it on their own, some people beat it with help, and a heck of alot more people don't beat it at all....

Even as tough as Dr.Phil was on this girl, she needed it. As for the mother, I dont really agree with her saying to her daughter that at the age of 22 she should be well on her own way and doing her own thing....Thats tough to say because I know alot of university students who are only 22 yrs old, live at home, eat at home, and their parents pay their university tuition which is about $10,000 / yr x 4 yr minimum... 22 yrs old is still very young in my opinion. As for me, I graduated high school 1 year early and moved out at the age of 17. Infact my parents didn't want me to leave that soon but I wanted to be out on my own, move to the BIG city and work and support myself.. If I could do it all over again.... Im not sure i would of did it all the same, I might of stayed home at the business for 1 more year....

In the end I hope that girl IF SHE TRULY wants help and I MEAN 100%, no questions asked, not a second of a doubt, ultimately wants her life back, then I hope her the best.. I really do. As we all can see it's not only her who is suffering, but the family as well.... Now she has the ABSOLUTE BEST professionals, people, services, etc, etc at her disposal FREE OF CHARGE. Im sure between the Detox place and Dr. Lawless's services, etc and everyone in between.... the total fees would easily be in the HUNDRED'S of THOUSANDS of dollars...... So if this don't help nothing will and she might as well start digging her own grave because it don't get any better then this TIME RIGHT NOW!

God Bless and hope for the best. If she wants it, this time next year she will be a completely NEW and VIBRANT person!

December 18, 2007, 1:00 pm CST

Quote From: nixi333

The worst thing anybody ever told a junkie was that it's a disease!

The last thing you tell a week minded person is that it's not they're fault!!

a disease is something that you can't control, drugs and alcohol you can control especially if you know you are prone to addiction, YOU DON'T USE AND ABUSE.

I am so sick of all this bleeding heart liberal crap.... I wonder if they will ever stop and realize how much damage they have done.

Dr Phil, IMO, is far from being a bleeding heart liberal, but even he has referred to drug and acohol abuse as a disease. Yes, drugs and acohol can take control. But, the users yield themselves to that control by voluntarily taking these substances, in the first place. That's something they could've controlled.

December 18, 2007, 1:02 pm CST

Dangerous Daughters

I think that the mother of the ex beauty queen was too busy in her own life to notice what was going on with her child. As for Beverly and Barbara, she is too busy making excuses and finding someone to blame for her daughters actions. She does not make Barbara take the responsibility for her actions. That is apparent from the two earlier incidences.

December 18, 2007, 1:14 pm CST

Krista - What a mess....

After watching the complete show today.. I gotta say I dont 100% belive that woman truely wants help. I dont think she has completely hit ROCK BOTTOM... and until that happens it won't snap into her mindset, her brain, her self-consciousness, her general state of mind.. Even on today's show Krista was completely wasted, bombed, out of her mind. She seemed so drugged up.. Does she even remember being on the show and what Dr.Phil said???? She couldn't even be sober and somewhat clear minded for 1 hr today to speak to Dr.Phil... YOU have any idea how many people would be begging to switch places with Krista?? I mean literally beg, crawl, walk 1000 miles if it meant they were able to spend 30 minutes of actual TV time or anytime with Dr.Phil and then get the offer to the best professional help money can buy, except that its all for free for Krista!

I dont think she is strong enough to do what is required of her. Only time will tell. Its not easy, alot of people can't do it, infact Im sure most can't. It ultimately comes down to you, the addict. IF YOU want your life back, if you want to be free from this hell, from this daily nightmare, from this running around daily, from this lieing to everyone on a daily basis, to trying to put on a brave face everyday, to doing it all on a daily basis to JUST BE NORMAL in the end, you dont even feel anything after a while Im sure, it's gotta get to a point where, your just trying to feel 'ok' at best!!!

We shall see how it goes, but.. I gotta say after watching her and watching the show. I dont think she is strong enough mentally and I don't truely think she wants it bad enough to get her life back!

Time will tell....

December 18, 2007, 1:26 pm CST

Detox 4 times and what did she get from it??

How can someone who's only 22 years old, been to Detox not once, twice or three times, BUT FOUR TIMES ALREADY! and still?? It's like after each time she's somehow managed to get deeper, and deeper into a rut.. and now she's in sooooooooo deep she can't get out...

At that point I don't care how attractive or good looking you think you are or appear to be to others. You look nothing but an absolute ass to everyone watching and IF anything I feel bad for your family and others who are related to you and have had to put up with this time bomb ready to go off...

I know Dr.Phil was fairly direct and hard on her but I think he could of even been MORE strict, to the point, and say it as it is more then he did... BUT I do give Dr.Phil alot of credit on today's show because, YES I am a huge fan and supporter of Dr.Phil even though I live in Canada, but he stook to his guns!

I don't care if this girl, Krista is a 'beauty queen' or whatever.. I dont care if she was 'America's Next Top Model' or the next 'President of the  United States.' BUT the buck stops HERE! so I predict its now or never with this one....

It's gonna be sooooooooooooo hard for her. She's gonna have to be COMPLETELY OFF the MAP for a LONG time, no drugs, no highs, no escapes, no drug jerk boyfriends, no outlets, no money, no NOTHING! just alot of rehab, suffering, mental and physical and thats just the tip of the iceberg....... WOW!

I guess if this fails her mom can just handcuff her to the bathroom toilet for the next 6 months......

December 18, 2007, 1:30 pm CST

Mom a druggie, too

The mom is on Klonopin and Adderall and alcohol and who knows what else.

She seems as messed up as her daughter, if not worse.

Mom is addicted to "legal" drugs, but still a drug addict.

December 18, 2007, 1:32 pm CST

Quote From: dkschank

I think that the mother of the ex beauty queen was too busy in her own life to notice what was going on with her child. As for Beverly and Barbara, she is too busy making excuses and finding someone to blame for her daughters actions. She does not make Barbara take the responsibility for her actions. That is apparent from the two earlier incidences.

The mom of the beauty queen seems to have serious problems herself.  And, in my humble opinion, she seemed high as a kite through this appearance.  Way out there.

December 18, 2007, 1:39 pm CST

Shakespeare says all the worlds a stage

Quote From: shmigelz

Im not exactly sure what your getting at with your post. First off I think you meant 'weak minded person' in stead OF WHAT you actually wrote there 'week minded person' unless your referring to a 7 day person? LOL. Here's a tip for you, instead of getting all worked up, riled up and wanting to post a message SO BAD and SO FAST, please take a minute to review your grammer. You could end up sending a point thats giving the wrong meaning...

That being said, YES addiction IS a disease BUT that girl on todays show 'the addict' consciously made the decision to take the drugs, to drink the booze be it at school during lunch or even before school started, she made the conscious decision to steal prescription from her moms purse. The mother 'a recovering addict' herself should be smarter in terms of hiding the drugs, especially knowing her daughter's a severe drug addict...

It's a double edged sword....YES it's a disease. But there are people 'strong minded' and 'strong willed' people WHO DO and CAN get better and druge free on their own. Im sure its not a high percentage but still as Dr.Phil would say, 'he's an incurable optimist.' So it can be done but then there are people who are soo caught up in the drugs that no matter what they cant get better and those I would qualify as 'diseased' with addiction...

Some people beat it on their own, some people beat it with help, and a heck of alot more people don't beat it at all....

Even as tough as Dr.Phil was on this girl, she needed it. As for the mother, I dont really agree with her saying to her daughter that at the age of 22 she should be well on her own way and doing her own thing....Thats tough to say because I know alot of university students who are only 22 yrs old, live at home, eat at home, and their parents pay their university tuition which is about $10,000 / yr x 4 yr minimum... 22 yrs old is still very young in my opinion. As for me, I graduated high school 1 year early and moved out at the age of 17. Infact my parents didn't want me to leave that soon but I wanted to be out on my own, move to the BIG city and work and support myself.. If I could do it all over again.... Im not sure i would of did it all the same, I might of stayed home at the business for 1 more year....

In the end I hope that girl IF SHE TRULY wants help and I MEAN 100%, no questions asked, not a second of a doubt, ultimately wants her life back, then I hope her the best.. I really do. As we all can see it's not only her who is suffering, but the family as well.... Now she has the ABSOLUTE BEST professionals, people, services, etc, etc at her disposal FREE OF CHARGE. Im sure between the Detox place and Dr. Lawless's services, etc and everyone in between.... the total fees would easily be in the HUNDRED'S of THOUSANDS of dollars...... So if this don't help nothing will and she might as well start digging her own grave because it don't get any better then this TIME RIGHT NOW!

God Bless and hope for the best. If she wants it, this time next year she will be a completely NEW and VIBRANT person!

and  all the people players.........You must be the director pointing out everyones mistakes. Instead of  attacking others comments, why don't you just pray for the person to be as perfect  as you are and just write your own comments about the show.  Isn't that what the message board is for?  It  is not to criticize and make fun of others spelling and/or their comments.  I let someone like you keep me from writing on the message boards for awhile because i was afraid ( the other commenter) you were psycho and could find out where I live. but thank goodness,  I find it easier to stick up for someone else than for myself, like the person whose message you attacked.  

December 18, 2007, 1:43 pm CST

Krista's mom

Finaly someone told the mom that she needs to go to Al-anon.  The secret to handling the addiction of another person is to let THEM handle their own problem.  and, to go to a support group.  Al-anon is a support group for friends and family of alcoholics.  It gives one a new way of thinking and acting besides being obsessed with the addict.

I have family members wo are addicts and Al-anon has been a God Send.  I wish the Dr. Phil Show would have a group of Al-anon members on who would talk about what the program is and how it has helped them.  By the way, it might help Dr. Phil to go to some meetings.  He seems so angry most of the time.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last