Message Boards

Topic : 01/07 Don't Be That Girl

Number of Replies: 370
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 04, 2008, 02:06:39 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Are you still looking for Mr. Right? Are you a catch, but can’t figure out why you haven’t been swept off your feet yet? Do you find yourself wondering what you’re doing wrong? Maybe it’s because you’re that girl! Dr. Travis Stork dated 25 women all at once on the hit reality show, The Bachelor: Paris. He says because of the experience, he has a knack for distinguishing what’s endearing in women and what’s not. He used his dating expertise to write a book called, Don’t Be That Girl: A Guide to Finding the Confident, Rational Girl Within. He explains the eight types of women he’s encountered and passed by: The Agenda Girl, the Yes Girl, the Drama Queen Girl, the Bitter Girl, the Insecure Girl, the Desperate Girl, the Working Girl and the Lost Girl. Meet five women who wonder if they’re that girl. Katrina, Rebecca, Demetrice, Jennifer H. and Jennifer R. want to figure out what they’re doing wrong when it comes to finding love. Are you making the same mistakes? Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 18, 2008, 11:41 pm CST

01/07 Don't Be That Girl

Quote From: nwgalatheart

Another type which I named is "INSTANT POTATO man" .. This type is a guy wants everything to happen ASAP including jumping in the sack.  Not allowing time to get to know the woman. 

Yes, Dr Phil, men are visual.. and most only want that barbie doll type of gal.  Why do you think there are so many women of all ages who starve themselves to meet up to a guys imagination of how a woman should look.  Talk about building up a womans self esteme.  Doesn't happen. 

What happened to dating?  Learning each other while having fun.  I believe that a relationship doesn't have to be a job.. You should be able to flow with each other. Enjoying those special times while each of them are learning about each other. I look and want my best friend" and dont want to settle for anything less.  I have learned I don't have to play those silly games. 

I know what you mean by "Instant Potato Man".  Most men and male adolescents seem to want to keep things "cooking" or moving along very fast. Before I got married, my ex-husband survived our two-year "courtship" without sex. When my step-daughters were teenagers, I told one or both of them that if any guy says he will die without sex don't believe him, and I told them that their dad went for two years without it and he's not dead. My brother is almost 37 and has never had sex (he's shy about asking women out and just admires them from afar). He's not dead. My ex told his daughters (when they were in high school) that they never owe a guy anything, even after he pays for a date, and he is absolutely right !

January 19, 2008, 6:06 am CST

theres a woman

Quote From: kruzn92

I know what you mean by "Instant Potato Man".  Most men and male adolescents seem to want to keep things "cooking" or moving along very fast. Before I got married, my ex-husband survived our two-year "courtship" without sex. When my step-daughters were teenagers, I told one or both of them that if any guy says he will die without sex don't believe him, and I told them that their dad went for two years without it and he's not dead. My brother is almost 37 and has never had sex (he's shy about asking women out and just admires them from afar). He's not dead. My ex told his daughters (when they were in high school) that they never owe a guy anything, even after he pays for a date, and he is absolutely right !
excellent.thats precisely what i mean.

January 21, 2008, 3:05 pm CST

TIME

well,i think everyone is finally getting a grip

February 1, 2008, 8:26 pm CST

Don't be that guy!

Yes indeed, it is in the works! Thanks for the inspiration.....as a single divorced woman of a young son...I say Boy's just don't get it!!! I take your dare and I will see you in hollywood!

February 7, 2008, 3:57 pm CST

don't be that girl

This show caught my attention.  Everyone has issues, no one is perfect, not even him.

It is good to be conscious of behaviors and to avoid the most destructive ones but everyone has past experiences and childhood issues that there is no way to avoid them all.   Life is about learning, becoming aware and changing what is possible..

February 8, 2008, 11:32 am CST

Yep....

Quote From: sportschick

This show seems to be RIGHT up my alley.  I am told daily what a catch I am yet I can't seem to let anyone IN though I have a good amount of male friends but still - I am single.  I want to find love but at the same time when people rub it in my face that they are in love I get cynical (so I am told).  I get asked all the time how am I not taken ... wouldn't I like to know?!?
"Drama Queen" comes to mind when I read this!!! Seriously, please, can you tell us a bit more about how "great" you are? Geez....I hope there's not going to be a test on "you" later, because really, I'm not paying attention! LOL!

February 8, 2008, 11:34 am CST

One more thing...

That guy is DAMN hot! I'm moving to the USA baby!

February 20, 2008, 10:33 am CST

Ditto!!

Quote From: heatherv

That guy is DAMN hot! I'm moving to the USA baby!
Break me off a piece of that!!! :)

September 25, 2008, 12:20 am CDT

Don't be that girl!

Quote From: christab

Break me off a piece of that!!! :)
Girl, I'm right with you on that one, that Dr Travis is one heck of a hottie!!

March 12, 2009, 6:31 pm CDT

yo

OMG, Travis is sooooooooooo hot aye. omg, m really that kind of a girl

First | Prev | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | Next Page | Last Page