Message Boards

Topic : 03/28 When to Call it Quits

Number of Replies: 203
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 04, 2008, 02:09:07 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 01/09/08) For most couples their home is a peaceful, loving sanctuary away from the outside world. But for Dr. Phil's guests, this couldn't be further from the truth. Jennie and Jeremy's house has turned into a battlefield, where they fight three to five times a day. They have been married for eight years and the only way for them to remain together is by living apart. The arguments have turned so ugly, Jeremy has called the police, and Jennie was arrested for domestic abuse. Why does Jeremy say he fears leaving Jennie home alone with the kids? The Dr. Phil show installed cameras in their home, but why didn't they capture any of the yelling, screaming and cursing? Then, hear Jennie's sisters' emotional pleas, and find out the one thing that Jeremy and Jennie's family can agree on. And, how are the kids affected by the swearing and anger in their home? Is there hope for this family, or should they head to court and finish their divorce proceedings? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 9, 2008, 1:42 pm CST

Miserable, aren't they?

Geesh, what would it take to get thes two to stop torturing each other and their poor kids? What miserable nasty people they seem to be. How they even managed to MAKE kids is beyond me. Then again, they may just like the misery...it must be doing something for them on some level.

January 9, 2008, 1:50 pm CST

someone take these kid away from them!

Geez, these kids need to be removed from their house immediately and these two should have to have a LONG track history of success before being with their kids unsupervised.

January 9, 2008, 2:00 pm CST

been there

I had to write when I watched this show.  Watching Jenni's anger reminded me of myself a few years ago.  My husband and I were together for 9 years and our relationship was displaying the same anger and violence issues as jenni and jeremy.  I had also been struggling with eating disorders and anxiety during the relationship. My weight obsessions contributed to the marriage failure more than i realized. Not eating as much as my body required made me tired often and easily fustrated with him and both of our kids. I was verbally abusive to my husband on a daily basis and this effected the way our children treat thier father.  I hated who i had become but couldn't stop the angry things that came out of my mouth on a daily basis.  We tried many times to start over, and all attempts failed.

We separated 2 years ago.  He met someone very soon after that and is very happy now. I waited about a year to date anyone. Then I met someone who just naturally brings out the best in me. My anger is gone, I don't have anxiety anymore and I'm a lot less aware of my weight. The man I met is so perfect for me and I'm the best version of myself that i've ever been.  My family is amazed at how much happier our kids are because they now have 2 stable homes with 4 very happy parents. 

I'm not promoting divorce with my experiences but sometimes people are in a relationship because even as bad as it gets, at least it's farmiliar. Being alone was so scary for me but once I was there it was great. I got to know myself better and my kids and bond with them in a way that I never had.  I am so happy with my life and with my current relationship. My husband and I couldn't have made each other as happy as we are now.  I didn't respect him and there were just too many bad experiences between us to move forward without the baggage. I am still friends with him and we have a much better relationship now. We are raising our kids in a much more positive environment and we are better parents now that our lives include successful relationships based on respect and love.

January 9, 2008, 2:05 pm CST

Well...

Well. In my opinion The wife and the Husband need help. I think the whole entire family does and it should first start off with each one of them seperately in a therapy group and then they need to one by one come together and have one therapy session and part of that therapy is getting the wife's eating disorder under control, even though i still think a lot of it is caused by whats going on in her family and marriage, and that would improve it'd help her a ton.

January 9, 2008, 2:11 pm CST

Me Too

Quote From: waitstaf

watched the show today, was just wondering who Roger King is, it said in memory of Roger King at the end of the show
I have wondered about this as well - it has said that at the end of many episodes lately. Could the moderator tell us who this is?

January 9, 2008, 2:12 pm CST

01/09 When to Call it Quits

Quote From: hpmx59

Call Doctor It Phil Quits To When. Now I know what to say in the mean time good luck on your guest.---------

See you on Wednesday Janurary 09th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.---------------------------------

HUH???????????

January 9, 2008, 2:19 pm CST

wondering why

I just wonder why Dr. Phil didn't actually talke about the fact that Jenny's eating disorder and OCD could be the main factor in her anger problem and therefore the reason that she and her husband are struggling so much. I feel like one thing leads to another and that connection wasn't actually addressed on the show. As someone who has struggled with an eating disorder in the past I know how much it can effect your life in ways that you don't even realize. Perhaps if Jenny though about this fact it would help her come out of the denial and want to seek help. :)

January 9, 2008, 2:24 pm CST

For Jeremy and Jennie

Eight years is a long time to invest without giving it all you have to try to make it work.  You two are beautiful people, but your actions are not.  Still, it is my hope that you can trust each other enough, and commit to each other enough to make it all work out. Professional help will be crucial, but find someone you both relate to well so that nobody feels like they have an upper hand or more of a rapport with the therapist.

It seems that both of you have esteem issues.  Jeremy - like you don't foot the bill of a worthy man and husband, and no woman should make you feel like you're not the most capable and wonderfu man you are.  And Jennie - you are stunning, but your obsession with your weight will ruin your daughter(s) and any relationship you're in - please get help and trust Jeremy to help you so you can prevail as a success story.  Do it for yourselves and ignore external influences.

My thoughts and prayers are with you to heal as a couple so you can the provide love and balance for your family and show them what respect means - they will grow up not listening to what you tell them to do; rather, doing what you do...

Lots of love and luck -

Julie in Houston

January 9, 2008, 2:24 pm CST

Husband being the leader

I would like to know how a man can be the leader when he is living with a woman like her on your program.  He can't get a handle on the situation.  Women can talk about how they feel sorry for her, but she is the one with the problem.  She needs help.  I know couples in this situation and the woman wants to be in control and there is nothing a man can do with her and he knows he will not get custody of his kids and he has to see her continue her behavior in front of her girls.

Women need to take their place in the home and be in submission like God told them to.  I am a widow and my husband and I raised 4 kids.  We discussed how things were going to be but he had the final say and it works.  It is not politically correct anymore and this is what is wrong with  families now. 

Men think they have been so loving that their wives have been easy to get along with and it is when the woman takes her place that the man can be loving.  A man needs a place to come home to after he has worked all day.  He doesn't need a place where there is an upheaval all the time.  

You came down on her and you should have been with a woman like her, but I don't know how a man can step up and be the leader when she won't let him.

Gladly in subjection to my husband.

January 9, 2008, 2:25 pm CST

Hold on there may be more to it than we think

Has i ever occured to anyone that she may have a hormonal imbalance or something like that. I am recovering from a birth control shot that I decided to have with out research and had some serious mental and physical reactions to one of which was alot uncontrolable anger. It was very hard for me and my entire family and it has taken so much thought and change on my part that if I hadn't had such a supportive husband I think we would be right where this couple was at today . She admits to haveing an eating disorder . Could it be  a complete imbalance for her and a husband who just doesn't know how to help?

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last