Message Boards

Topic : 06/25 "What's Age Got to Do with It?"

Number of Replies: 207
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 04, 2008, 02:11:13 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 01/10/08) As we age, we want to continue to feel and look young, but it helps to know a few secrets. Dr. Phil is joined by his wife, Robin, who reveals her tips for looking younger, feeling better and getting slimmer. She uses resources from her personal Rolodex to make over five moms who say they appear and feel older than they should. After visiting with a personal trainer, consulting with a skin care expert and working hard for a few weeks, the women are rewarded with a surprise trip to Robin's house. Find out the special gifts she presents to them. Then, Robin is joined by her daughter-in-law, Erica, and fashion guru Cojo for a shopping trip at L.A.'s popular store, Kitson, where she shows how to create hip, youthful looks for any age. With Cojo's help, Robin picks out outfits for the five women, and they reveal their new looks to their family members for the first time on Dr. Phil's stage! Don't miss Cojo's solutions for dressing disasters that add decades to your looks. Join the discussion.

In case you missed the article, click here for Robin's Budget Beauty Secrets that are inexpensive and can be made at home.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 17, 2008, 1:49 am CST

01/10 "What's Age Got to Do with It?"

Quote From: will6012

Wrinkles come from dry skin and dry skin is a result of lack of water. Moisture is the preventer of wrinkles

Gray hair does not have to come at 50, because I have none.

As we get older, we tend to give up and not want to do the work, and accept things as a part of aging. When you lose weight, you have to exercise and put on muscles.

I am a male so it is different for me, but not your excuse. I saw a woman the age of 60 years old and I said wow, no wrinkles.

"A body in motion flows swiftly beside the ocean". Find activities that keep you moving and drink plenty of water and eat water foods. It is never to late. Also, cleanse your colon regularly, to remove the toxin buildup.

Remember, it takes effort not cash to get that body you want.

I would think it probably has more to do with genes.

January 17, 2008, 4:54 pm CST

SKIN CARE BY JANET HARRIS

I REALLY ENJOYED THE SHOW AND THE DIFFERENCE IN THESE WOMEN WAS REMARKABLE.  UNFORTUNATELY, THE AVERAGE PERSON CAN NOT AFFORD THE PRODUCTS USED ON THESE WOMEN.  EVEN ROBINS HOME RECIPES CALL FOR THINGS THAT ARE NOT CHEAP BY ANY MEANS.  I CHECKED THE PRICE FOR THE SKIN CARE PROGRAM, THE KIT IS SELLING ON SPECIAL FOR 349.00, SAVING 195.62.....544.00 OR SO.  MY CAR PAYMENT IS NOT THAT MUCH.  I FEEL LIKE THIS TYPE OF THING WOULD LEAD YOU UP TO BIG DEBT.  I AM SORRY THAT YOU CAN NOT FIND RESULTS USING SOMETHING MORE IN REACH OF A NORMAL WORKING PERSON.  I WISH I COULD LOOK LIKE ROBIN BUT I CAN HARDLY AFFORD A PERSONAL TRAINER, TIME AT A SPA,  NATURAL HORMONE TREATMENT AND VERY EXPENSIVE CLOTHES.  I AM SORRY THAT I AM NOT IN THE SAME CATAGORY AS ROBIN, I AM JUST A 60 YEAR OLD, OVEREWEIGHT WOMAN LOOKING TO LIVE THE REST OF MY LIFE HAPPY AND LOOKING THE BEST I CAN.  COULD YOU DO A PROGRAM FOR THE AVERAGE WOMEN?  

January 17, 2008, 6:06 pm CST

Genes??

Quote From: housewife52

I would think it probably has more to do with genes.

I would think that some of the youthful appearance does come from genes, but a lot is work, discipline and effort.

Drinking lots of water is a key.

Eliminating alcohol, drugs, and cigarettes.

Eating green leafy foods.

Avoid fat and sugar products.

But, a body in motion flows gently by the ocean. I have recetlyprogramed myself to be more active, and my body is going through pain but that is the gain necessary to increase muscle. Muscles burn fat.

Wrinkles come whe their is lack of water.I cannot promise that anyone can avoid wrinkles altogether, butI have seen a number of people wih age that lack wrinkes.

Key: The body needs oxygen and water, regulaly.

Good Luck.

January 18, 2008, 12:29 am CST

Quote From: will6012

Psalms 95:5 says " The sea is his, and he made it: and his hands formed the dry land.

Yoga has a connection to sex, so should you cease from all sex? Yoga as exercise is not forbdden, praying to other gods is.

Self-esteem is not clased as pride or idolatry. Actually, it is the highly esteemed person who values himself through Christ. Cleaniness is next to godliness and with filth and dirt comes all forms of disease.

Maybe you meant. Psalm 96:5  For all the gods o the nationsr oidols: but the Lord made the heavens.

Psalm 96:6 Honour and majesty are before him: strength and beauty are in his sanctuary.

Don't be ugly and please don't place that on God.

That only shows up as Psalm 96 because the Protestants threw out books and renumbered Psalms.  That was only part of their rebellious acts.  Anything founded in rebellion against the originals, the Eastern Orthodox, is a form of witchcraft as explained in 1 Sam. 15:23.

The Early Church Fathers did forbid self-esteem as pride and idolatry.

The word, "Protestant" comes from "Protest" + -ant.  All of this is historical fact, not opinion or belief.

There is no difference between people taking authority over making changes to something that was not made by humans, and Lucifer trying to exalt himself above God.  It is pure arrogance for people to think they know better than God about anything.

January 18, 2008, 6:22 pm CST

I really enjoyed this show.  I turned 50 this past year and of course, have never considered myself "old".  I do want to find where I can get the same kind of help as those five women did, but in the Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas area.

I am ready to fight the frumpiness of aging.  Can anyone tell me where to go?  It would be ideal to have a team of professionals that could evaluate me inside and out and tell me exactly what to do.  After years of exercising and trying to live heatlhy, I feel like I'm getting no where fast.  Maybe I am retaining water, or my hormones are out of wack.  Maybe since Dr. Phil and Robin are from the Dallas area, they could recommend a group in the metroplex.

It would be awesome to have a group of women selected from the Dallas/Fort Worth area to either do the same thing or at least get advice.  I'm ready!  Somebody help me!!

January 19, 2008, 2:55 pm CST

Relax, it'll be okay, really!

Quote From: bertguay

Hi,

I'm turning 50 next month. It is scaring me to death. I am feeling like I'm loosing my looks, etc.

Is there anyone out there that can give me some pointers on how to handle this thing of getting old. I'm just not ready for it. I feel like it's comsuming my every thought.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!

It is really just the THOUGHT of turning 50 that is scary. The reality is that it's not bad! I honestly feel better, happier, more peaceful and frankly, younger than I ever have at any time of my life. I'm really serious. I remember one day being 23 and feeling so old. Now I'm younger than I was then, and much, much happier.

I would suggest that you think carefully about how you feel about your life at this point. Do you feel happy where you're at? I think this is really key.

On a lighter note, why not plan for an absolutely fantastic birthday? I wouldn't even involve anyone else who might possibly let you down. What would YOU really like to do? Would you like to take off for somewhere you've never been before, even in your own town? Wander around, go shopping, have tea, see a movie, try something new, do something you've always wanted to do, just wander. Don't even check in with anyone. This can be tremendously freeing.

Relax, really. Women are looking better and better at any age. Life is just beginning.

January 19, 2008, 3:18 pm CST

One long and boring commercial!

I watch Dr. Phil every day. I even watch the reruns. The show is just great: fun, interesting, thoughtful, thought-provoking and entertaining.

This 1-10-08 show "What's Age Got To Do With It?" however, greatly disappointed me. The prelude said:

"Robin McGraw reveals her secrets to looking younger. Robin: "I am so excited about sharing everything with all of you women!" How to lose weight - Dr. Phil: "Take off 18 inches in just 5 weeks!"

This show had absolutely NOTHING to do with the preview or with the subjects promised. Robin does look great, but she revealed NO secrets, let alone 'everything.' And there was absolutely NOTHING about how to lose weight on the show, let along about taking off 18 inches in just 5 weeks. What was THAT about?

I sat through the whole show and saw nothing but one high-priced product or service or store after another being advertised. At one point, I thought I was watching, "Let's Make a Deal!" or "The Price is Right," when Dr Phil went over once AGAIN every item that had been advertised on the show. Even the products advertised were not helpful for most people unless they live in Los Angeles and/or have plenty of discretionary money to spend. How many ordinary middle-class Americans can afford to spend a day at a luxury spa?

I don't know why Dr. Phil and Robin are shilling for these companies anyway. There has to be some reciprocation.

It was the dullest, most tedious, most boring Dr. Phil show I have ever seen, and I was just a little ticked off that Dr. Phil had wasted an hour of my life. What was he thinking?

January 23, 2008, 12:18 pm CST

Dr.Phil and Robin           I love the Dr. Phil show and I really enjoyed this show.I am a 54 year old woman and I weight 243lbs,but when I got marry at 23 year old I weight about 115bs.I want to know where I can get the same help in my area to get my hormones check.I change some of my eating habits and stop drinking sodas but I feel my body is determined to hold on to this weight.HELP

January 25, 2008, 4:31 am CST

Thank you!

Quote From: luckymom39

Congratulations

You are on the right track.  I found that keeping a journal everyday was key in my weight loss. Robert Reames also explained to us that getting at least 7-8 hours of sleep a night is very important in losing weight.

The green tea is also important as an antioxidant which is great for the skin and makes it easier to drink the recommended 8 glasses of water a day. Janet Harris sells green tea extract in 3 great flavors (peach, passion friut, and mint) and it is naturally decaffeinated with 0 calories. Just one dropper full provides the equivalent of more than 15 cups of green tea, along with pure whole leaf aloe Vera. It made drinking water so easy that I am up to 10 glasses a day. My favorite is the mint as mint is also suppose to help in weight loss. You can order it on the website: www.janetsskincare.com The price is not too bad but if its too much I am sure regular green tea from any grocery store will work as well.

Sugar has been very hard to give up but I am trying to wean myself off slowly as it is so bad for you, expecially for women in our age group.

Keep up the good work and I wish you nothing but the best on your journey.

I so appreciate this excellent advice! I have some green tea in the house, which I will continue to use, but I just ordered the Janet's skin care item, and look forward to using it.

Thank you for the kind words of encouragement! I'm enjoying my little endeavor - it feels good to be doing something just for me in amongst all my other activities. Thanks again.

June 20, 2008, 5:42 pm CDT

DoctorPhil Show.

Age Doctor Do Got Is It To What With? I donot understand that Doctor Phil.  You have marry in 1970s and'--

now this has to come aswell. See you on Wednesday June 25th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell

First | Prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next | Last