Message Boards

Topic : 06/18 "My Big, Fat, Spoiled Family Member"

Number of Replies: 201
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 04, 2008, 02:12:22 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 01/11/08) Dr. Phil speaks with guests who are fed up with a family member because they say their out-of-control spending has got to stop. Katie says her brother, Adam, just loves to spoil himself. He's spent hundreds of thousands on boats, Corvettes, and top-of-the-line toys just so he can brag to people that he has them. Adam says what’s the point of buying these things if he can’t show them off? Is living the American dream worth having a $200,000 debt? Then, Kecedra says her 4-year-old daughter, Dawson, is turning into a shopaholic, and it all started when “Auntie Gina” bought the girl a leather skirt when she was just 6 months old! Kacedra says her sister, Gina, spends thousands spoiling Dawson, and she’s creating a big problem. And, you won’t believe the pet project Pam spends all her money on. This obsessive spoiling made her roommate so sick, he had to move out! Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

October 29, 2008, 7:06 pm CDT

06/18 "My Big, Fat, Spoiled Family Member"

Quote From: pieboysmama

Should I pass on before Pie Boy, arrangements have been made for his God Mother to take him. I have also made the finanicial arrangements as well, for him to be able to live the life he is used to.

Just because he loves me the most, doesn't mean that he does not like others. He is sweet to several of my friends, and people that he knows sincerely care about him. I've got about 5 different people who would take him in a heart-beat if anything ever happened to me.

There is nothing wrong with loving your pet as much as you do.  I love my pets.  What I can't understand is why you think he's not enough as a dog?  Why do you insist on calling him your 'son', as if he's human.  Let me tell you - being called 'human' in place of being called a 'dog' when you are a dog, is NO compliment.  Just let Pie Boy be enough as a dog.  Dogs are not my favourite animal, but they are certainly as a species better than many humans! 

Just one other thing, IF he was a human child, rather than an adult dog, I suspect that forcebly preventing him from enjoying walking out in the big wide world (of course under supervision) would be considered abuse don't you think?  I think the 'pet' dog you have has a better life than Pie Boy I'm afraid.

First | Prev | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | Next Page | Last Page