Message Boards

Topic : 06/18 "My Big, Fat, Spoiled Family Member"

Number of Replies: 201
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 04, 2008, 02:12:22 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 01/11/08) Dr. Phil speaks with guests who are fed up with a family member because they say their out-of-control spending has got to stop. Katie says her brother, Adam, just loves to spoil himself. He's spent hundreds of thousands on boats, Corvettes, and top-of-the-line toys just so he can brag to people that he has them. Adam says what’s the point of buying these things if he can’t show them off? Is living the American dream worth having a $200,000 debt? Then, Kecedra says her 4-year-old daughter, Dawson, is turning into a shopaholic, and it all started when “Auntie Gina” bought the girl a leather skirt when she was just 6 months old! Kacedra says her sister, Gina, spends thousands spoiling Dawson, and she’s creating a big problem. And, you won’t believe the pet project Pam spends all her money on. This obsessive spoiling made her roommate so sick, he had to move out! Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 11, 2008, 12:25 pm CST

Yesterday I got some distrubing news

Quote From: yoadrienne

For Petes sake,  Stop paying her bills!! Ok, take care of your grandson, clean her house if you like, but stop paying her bills. Its like you are giving her a clean slate to go out and charge!

Perhaps this is a far extended problem that could arise to others that help raise children to believe that it is all about the ownership of things that is more important than being real.  Perhaps it is just my need to get some kind of understanding out of it.

This is what happened:

Ten months ago one of my favorite nephews of my dad, passed, one month after my father did.

A few days ago, our family was given the news that our cousin's body had been dug back up so that an autopsy could be performed.

It was discovered that my cousin (in his 60's at the time of death) had been poisoned by anti freeze.

No warrants for the arrest of his wife has been done at this point, yet her bank account, and credit cards have been seized by the court system.

The reason why the wife is being implicated is simply due to the fact that a short while before my cousin's death, my cousin told his mom and sisters and brother that he believed that his wife was a poisoning him since he told her that he was going to divorce her due to her uncontrollable spending habits.  (Uncontrollable nausea and malaise that the doctors couldn't find a cause for.)

So the question until it comes out in the court system is this:  Can persons used to a way of life of shopping until you drop...at the thoughts of no longer being able to do such, go to this large of an extent to continue it?

Murder?

Just my thoughts at this time.

ps.  My cousin and his wife hadn't been married that long.  This was his second wife and he had no children with her.

Love, Light and Peace

We Are All Blessed

Tonie

January 11, 2008, 12:28 pm CST

same here

Quote From: airborne007nyc

How does this man afford all these toys?  Does anyone know what his occupation was?  I have a spoiled person in my life that made almost 200k a year and refuses too pay child support.  Talk about spoiled.  The man on the show does'nt have anything on the spoiled brat in my life.

I would love to know what he does for an occupation.

Someday he will be forced to file bankruptcy.  There's no question about it and the young man can't see beyond the next car payment for the next new car.

He might end up driving the car that Dr. Phil had in College.

I don't have car payments either.  I pay cash.  I hate to subsidize the credit companies.

January 11, 2008, 12:36 pm CST

About Pam

That girl is sick. I think we will find her kinky videos on you tube. And she probably goes through a lot of peanut butter LOL!! My hubby was like that with his dog. I had to break his habit real fast. It is good to have a pet, but they are not kids. And they have a place in the household. It's not in MY bed while I sleep on the floor. Her relationship with her dog is just unnatural. Eventually she will find someone and fall in love. And when he asks her to remove the dog from the bedroom, what is her choice going to be??

January 11, 2008, 12:56 pm CST

insane obnoxious dog lady

What a rude woman, she must beon some medication..if not she should be.  Even Dr Phil saw she was a lost cause.  That dog should be removed before it replaces a "lover" for her instead of replacing a son.

I would be embarrased if she was in my family and would insist on an intervention with a therapist present.  I thought crazy people ended up ith 50 cats not one ugly dog

January 11, 2008, 1:02 pm CST

01/11 "My Big, Fat, Spoiled Family Member"

Quote From: kateyez

That girl is sick. I think we will find her kinky videos on you tube. And she probably goes through a lot of peanut butter LOL!! My hubby was like that with his dog. I had to break his habit real fast. It is good to have a pet, but they are not kids. And they have a place in the household. It's not in MY bed while I sleep on the floor. Her relationship with her dog is just unnatural. Eventually she will find someone and fall in love. And when he asks her to remove the dog from the bedroom, what is her choice going to be??

She won't "find someone" because she's got all she wants with her canine son.  What she needs to find is some serious therapy - the girl has issues!

January 11, 2008, 1:03 pm CST

A dog is NOT your son!!!

I hope that there will be a follow up on Pam and "Pie-Boy".  As a REAL parent, I am incredulous that people actually can think that an animal is on equal ground with a child.  This woman did not conceive and carry this dog and the fact that she calls him her son is the most assanine thing I've ever seen.  What really gets me is that when PieBoy dies she will think that it is equally as devastating as the loss of a mother's child and will most likely tell people that she knows the pain of losing a child!  I was hoping that Dr. Phil might touch on this during the show.  This is a woman who has her head in the sand and needs to put her head on a therapist's couch!  She has serious reality problems...and by the way, just who would get involved with a woman who PRE-CHEWS food for her dog?!? Seriously, give me a break!!!

January 11, 2008, 1:07 pm CST

Chihuahua woman

I AM SO PEED OFF WITH THIS SILLY WOMAN I COULD SPIT. MAYBE SHE SHOULD COME TO A 3RD WORLD COUNTRY (OR THE NEEDY IN THE U.S.) AND DONATE SOME OFF HER TIME AND MONEY, (CLEARLY SHE HAS TOO MUCH OF BOTH) TO ONE OF THE MANY CAUSES SO DESPERATELY IN NEED. BY THE WAY I AM A CHIHUAHUA OWNER AS WELL. THEY ARE DOGS, SLEEP IN DOG BEDS, EAT DOG FOOD AND I FELY GUILTY FOR BUYING THEM DECORATIVE COLLARS ON A TRIP TO THE U.S.

January 11, 2008, 1:10 pm CST

love gone wrong

What this woman does not see is that she is robbing her dog of being who God designed him to be in order to be happy out of her own selfish needs.  I love dogs and agree with Cesar Millan that dogs need to be allowed to be dogs  and not be made "little people".  With millons of dogs being put to sleep because there are not enough homes, she could adopt more dogs and spread her attention and money around instead of obsessing about one dog.  Even human parents rear unhealty children when they obsess over their child and spoil him materially and emotionally.  And no matter how much she tries to protect this dog, dogs do  not have long life expectancies; and this dog will die soon.  What is she going to do at that point?

The dog lady

Hi,  I couldn't believe what I was watching.  I was waiting for Dr Phil to say something about the dog not lasting forever.  What is the lady going to do when the dog dies?  I feel so sad for her that life revolves around "her furry son" like that.

01/11 "My Big, Fat, Spoiled Family Member"

Quote From: mjra25

Hi, 

I think Aunt Gina, is spoiling her neice because she has not been stopped by her sister because Gina is probably paying some of her sister's bills and the sister does not want the money to stop. If she stops her from spoiling her daughter she will probably stop everything.

Mitsey

Wow!  Very estute observation - I'm usually ubersuspicious about peoples' motives, but I didn't even think of that one. Course whatever Kacedra's supposed motivation for allowing Gina to abuse her children is inexcusable.  Perhaps she is allowing Gina to emotionally blackmail her in exhange for financial support.  I always say no one can't hurt you like family!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last