Message Boards

Topic : 01/14 "At War with My Teen"

Number of Replies: 714
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 11, 2008, 01:01:50 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Family members are supposed to support one another, but what happens when a household is in total meltdown and filled with constant battles? Sandi says her 17-year-old son, Michael, is totally out of control. During a fight they curse, yell, and even come to blows –- all captured on cameras installed in their home. She says she's called the cops seven times and has been so scared of Michael that she's locked herself in the bathroom to escape him. Michael says the bickering is not all his fault. Is he being honest with himself? How is Michael's relationship with his stepdad, Jim, adding to the problem? You won't believe some of the shocking statements the parents make. Find out why Robin joins the conversation onstage, and find out what Dr. Phil thinks is at the root of the problem. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

May 21, 2008, 7:31 pm CDT

WOW Dr Phil!

Thankyou you Dr Phil. This show just aired in New Zealand today hence why I am posting on this board now.

This family was just like mine!! ! I am 37 years old now and I no longer have contact with my Mother.

I have 2 wonderful girls and I could never ever treat them like how mother treated me and just how Micheals mother is treating him now. This family are very lucky to have some good sound help!

I was just like Micheal. I feel for him and understand. I am so happy that you are helping Micheal and by doing this show it will help many others I am sure! I wish that I had someone like you when I was younger! My family life was just like Micheals and maybe just a little worse. Looking back I really think my mother had some major issue's or illness going on but it was all directed at me and I was the one held at fault and was never listened to or understood and I reacted and behaved very badly to her and I am sorry for that. It still hurts in a way today by not having that Mother daugther bond/relationship or love. It was just a all out messy war of hurt and pain and anger. 

You hit everything on the nail Dr Phil! Thank you it helped me also to look back at my childhood and understand a little more.

I wish Micheal all the very best and lots of love to him. May he grow and learn and break the cycle. To see that he is a good person inside. He needs a mums love. 

Oh and what a wonderful loving thing for your wife to do. To sit with Micheal and just hold his hand. What a lovely mother she must be and more!  Micheal needed that. 

Thank you again and best things

Sarah From New Zealand!

August 6, 2008, 10:29 am CDT

I could totally relate to Michael. I fight with my mom and dad a LOT. Well, not like they do, it doesn't reach the point where I'm saying I want them to die or anything, but sometimes it gets physical. This show made me cry, 'cause I knew how much I had in common with Michael. When I'm going to my friends and watch how they are so close to they're parents I feel so empty... I hope that some day it wil end.

March 27, 2009, 8:26 am CDT

today?

this show just aired in belgium today. does anyone know how michael is doing today? really curious to find out if the situation has changed for him... feel so bad for him and that family; but i know from experience it's not impossible to turn things around.

June 4, 2009, 12:06 am CDT

01/14 "At War with My Teen"

Quote From: ebayseller123

Sorry but I do not believe that for 1 second
Tell me about it!! Neither do I. She is a gigantic liar! Did you see the way Dr. Phil looked at her when she said it! He looked at her like "Yeah, right!!!"

First | Prev | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | Next Page | Last Page