Message Boards

Topic : 01/23 Con Artists and Thieves

Number of Replies: 153
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 18, 2008, 02:25:02 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
From petty theft to check fraud, Dr. Phil’s guests say they’re addicted to stealing, and it’s destroying their families. Casey says he’s been pilfering for 16 years and has ripped off groceries, appliances, DVDs -- even one of Dr. Phil’s books! Casey estimates that he’s stolen nearly $100,000 in merchandise and says his estranged brother, Zack, is clueless about the extent of his criminal activity. How does Zack respond when Casey reveals another deep, dark secret? Will the brothers be able to reconcile, and will Casey change his thieving ways? And, Micki says she uses her good looks to get jewelry and credit card numbers from men, but her kids have no idea she leads a secret life as a con artist. Recently, she was arrested for stealing $10,000 in a check fraud scheme. Find out why one friend says she deserves to be behind bars. Don’t miss Dr. Phil’s strong message for Micki. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 4, 2008, 8:41 am CDT

IDENTITY THEFT - PICKING UP THE PIECES AND RECOVERY

For those of us who are left with the troublesome tasks of cleaning up our credit history after becoming a victim of identity theft, you may benefit from reading one of my favorite books regarding credit reporting and credit scores:

The Road To 850:  Strategies For Increasing Your Credit Scores by Al Bingham

Receive a free copy of your credit report: 

www.annualcreditreport.com

Receive an accurate copy of your credit score for a fee (or ask your lender):  www.myfico.com

A common problem among the general public is the misunderstanding and misinformation about the free credit reports.  In 2003 Congress passed the Fair Credit Reporting Act (known as the FACT Act) which allows everyone the right to one free annual credit report from each credit bureau.  Everyone should utilize this opportunity to review the information from each of the three major credit bureaus - Experian, Equifax and TransUnion. 

Hope it helps!

November 5, 2008, 12:26 pm CST

What has happened since?

I live in SA and only saw the show about Casey today. He reminds me very much about somebody I used to know. I feel sad for him, he needs help but you cant try and help becase he sees its as another opportunity to take you for a ride. I would like to know what happened to Casey and how he is doing now. He seems like a nice guy when he is not stealing.

February 24, 2009, 3:36 pm CST

Richard and Cynthia (Whoa-me)

Richard feels so devastated regarding the loss of a great deal of money.  He is eating a banana in the morning and cuts back on other "luxuries" so he and Cynthia can make it.  Wake up Richard....the rest of us Americans live like this all the time.  I'm sorry you lost your hard earned dollars to a thief, however, please don't pitty yourself because of the lose.  Remember the 7 deadly sins?  One of them is GREED.

First | Prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next Page | Last Page