Message Boards

Topic : 01/23 Con Artists and Thieves

Number of Replies: 153
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 18, 2008, 02:25:02 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
From petty theft to check fraud, Dr. Phil’s guests say they’re addicted to stealing, and it’s destroying their families. Casey says he’s been pilfering for 16 years and has ripped off groceries, appliances, DVDs -- even one of Dr. Phil’s books! Casey estimates that he’s stolen nearly $100,000 in merchandise and says his estranged brother, Zack, is clueless about the extent of his criminal activity. How does Zack respond when Casey reveals another deep, dark secret? Will the brothers be able to reconcile, and will Casey change his thieving ways? And, Micki says she uses her good looks to get jewelry and credit card numbers from men, but her kids have no idea she leads a secret life as a con artist. Recently, she was arrested for stealing $10,000 in a check fraud scheme. Find out why one friend says she deserves to be behind bars. Don’t miss Dr. Phil’s strong message for Micki. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 23, 2008, 1:28 pm CST

what an idiot!

I don't believe Casey!  I think he's looking for attention.  He's a freakin' idiot!  Dr. Phil, please don't put people like this on your show....makes me not want to watch :-(

January 23, 2008, 1:30 pm CST

Micky with the crocodile tears

I don't believe for one second that Micky's tears were sincere.  She has learned the art of manipulation very well, and I am sure she can turn on the water faucet at the drop of a hat if she thinks she can get people to fall for it.  Is she worried about her kids? I am not convinced she is.  She would not have conned and stolen if she cared about her kids. I honestly think the only things she is really upset about is first, that she got caught, and second, that she is an obviously fading rose that will no longer be able to manipulate gullible people with her looks.  Her sense of entitlement was unbelievable.  She is too good to flip burgers?  She'd be lucky even to get a job at a place like that because they would be worried that she will rob the cash reigsters. And she is above going to jail?  At first she said it was because she feels that inside she is a good person but when Dr. Phil called her on it, it was obvious that just like sex offender teacher Debra LaFavre, she thinks she is too pretty to have to go to jail.  Women like them need to topple right off their self-entitled pedestals, and pay the consequences of their  crimes.

January 23, 2008, 1:31 pm CST

Reality Check

They will get away with it again and again because they are the faces of innocence. I'm from Maryland a she will get nothing to little time because she is white, innocent looking and what 75% of judges in Maryland want to preserve. I have been in the same situation and as I stood before a judge after he just sentence a Nikki to probation before judgement for stealing and other things and not her first time or fifth time, not on drugs she just was having fun everytime. Nikki will get therapy for whatever is the root of her pain or pleasure. Casey will still be doing what he wants and probably killing himself and others just for the knowledge of knowing that in his town his all american looks will get him a pardon or past. I have been watching Dr. Phil from the beginning a I must admit that this is the second show that I was disappointed. Why do they really feel entilted? Because the judical system tells them so. Remorse why should they feel remorse? They were on the Dr.Phil show. I guess I have to keep reminding myself that is is just that a show.

January 23, 2008, 1:33 pm CST

01/23 Con Artists and Thieves

I can understand why Micki doesn't want to go to jail. I know I wouldn't. I try not to do anything that will land me in jail. I can't blame her for turning to DrP for help. I hope for her children's sake, that she really wants to change. I don't know what is really in her heart, but DrP can only offer some help, she has to do the work. He can't keep her out of jail.

January 23, 2008, 1:35 pm CST

01/23 Con Artists and Thieves

Quote From: saemae

These people have zero problems with resuming their criminal lives once they leave the show.  They are not sorry they hurt people and they are not sorry for putting people in a lurch.  All they are sorry for is getting caught.  The guy ran his lip a mile a minute to obliterate the last shred of decency he had left.  There is no hope for him; he does not want it.  And Micki.....oh man, she didn't mean a word she said.  That was all an act.  She now uses HER KIDS as her conning ploy.  "Don't take me away from my kids!  I'm all they've got!"  Bullcrap.  They'd be FAR BETTER OFF with foster families or with relatives WHO KNOW BETTER.  She doesn't want help; she wants to trade gravy trains now that the conductors on her old gravy train have found her out, that's all.
She has a new conductor Dr.Phil he will be her alibi for court to get a pass. In Maryland she will get a pass.

January 23, 2008, 1:36 pm CST

Pompous

I could not belive how pompous Dr. Phil was today.  I have enjoyed a majority of his shows in the past but today really irritated me.  Both guests came on the show to try to find help for their actions.  However, it seemed like all dr. phil could do was make them feel worse about it.  Casey tried to come up with many reasons why he thought he was doing this, and perhaps that was part of his attempt at justifying his actions.  However, dr. phil did not try to dispell Casey's theories nor did he confirm them.  Both individuals mentioned that they wanted to know why they performed these criminal actions and not once did dr. phil even try to give them an answer.  Some help he was today!!

January 23, 2008, 1:43 pm CST

Integrity???

Quote From: crazy4critters

for showing us your level of integrity by NOT showing Micki's daughter on TV, or letting her use your show to reveal to her daughter what a lying thief she is. 
I find it very hard to believe that it was completely Micki's idea to tell her daughter on television.  Micki had been arrested infront of her children twice.  You'd think that there would be no better time than to tell her children after being released as an explanation as to why she had been arrested.  I believe that it was part of the show to make it look as though it was Micki's idea to tell her daughter on national t.v. and then make Dr. Phil look all noble by saying that he was not going to let this happen. 

January 23, 2008, 1:56 pm CST

wow

Zach is sooooooooooooo sweet! Zach...if your reading this I love your eyes...and you are very handsome!

January 23, 2008, 2:02 pm CST

??

Quote From: msnoname_anon

This is the reason why all of the store prices keep going up.

Everything is starting to get a larger tax and the stores have to keep upping their prices.

It is very irresponsible to these people to keep stealing.

I understand that people have different disorders, but people need to realize these issues and deal with them accordingly.

They are making us PAY for their irresponsibility.

This isn't the ONLY reason store prices are going up. Corporate America is the biggest Con Artist of all!

January 23, 2008, 2:11 pm CST

don't agree

Quote From: iamgreen

I could not belive how pompous Dr. Phil was today.  I have enjoyed a majority of his shows in the past but today really irritated me.  Both guests came on the show to try to find help for their actions.  However, it seemed like all dr. phil could do was make them feel worse about it.  Casey tried to come up with many reasons why he thought he was doing this, and perhaps that was part of his attempt at justifying his actions.  However, dr. phil did not try to dispell Casey's theories nor did he confirm them.  Both individuals mentioned that they wanted to know why they performed these criminal actions and not once did dr. phil even try to give them an answer.  Some help he was today!!
I don't think Dr. Phil was being pompous. I only saw the Micki part, but I felt that she needed to be taken doen a notch.  She definitely sahowed a massive sense of entitlement in many ways (too good for MacDonalds, should not have to go to jail because of her looks etc) She didn't strike me as really wanting to change.  I think she was far more upset about getting caught and thought that her "looks", which helped in her con jobs would also help her get past the legal system.  It didn't work, and her tears were more for herself than her kids.  I am convinced that had she not been caught she would, without any remorse or feeling towards her victims, be still thieving from people. This woman needs to be off the streets and her kids would be better off being raised by someone other than this crook.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last