Message Boards

Topic : 01/28 The Baggy Pants Debate

Number of Replies: 1249
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 25, 2008, 01:17:35 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Do you think the government should be allowed to keep you from wearing something others may find offensive? A debate is gaining attention across the country: Should baggy pants be banned? You’ve seen them, primarily worn by men: oversized pants hanging so low that sometimes the entire behind shows! Local ordinances in 12 states have banned the low-slung look -– but are they unfairly targeting African-Americans? Dr. Phil speaks with guests on both sides of the debate -- including parents. And, Reverend Al Sharpton and Grammy nominated hip-hip artists the Ying Yang Twins join the show with their views on banning baggy pants. Get up to speed on this issue, before YOU get caught with your pants down! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 17, 2008, 9:11 am CDT

so sad!

it's so sad to see all the ignorant people out here. "Wear baggy pants and ur a criminal" what's going on? you who said "there's a law against womens walking around with bra's", well maybe yeah, but the boxershorts covers way more skin than the thong biking girls are using. right? why dont we make a law against that. and while we're on it, why dont we make a law agains cleavage?

A guy said something really good on youtube. Are we now gonna arrest all the plummers (dunno how to spell that correctly so just took a guess)

It looks like since all you guys think it's disgusting you're now trying to make us who actually likes this fashion style into a bunch of mini-you's.

Excuse my english not my native language.

May 26, 2008, 7:47 am CDT

baggy pants debate

Hey everybody.

First of all I am from Denmark so you will have to excuse me if I have any typing mistakes.

I have just seen the debate show about if it should be illegal to wear baggy pants. And that actually made me furious because we have just had similar debate here, were some schools were trying to make it illegal to wear T-shirts with text on it that for example said ‘’Show me your tits, baby’’ or ‘’I’m not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to AA meetings’’ Those T-shirts are made as a joke, they don’t mean anything serious.

So back to the baggy pants debate, I believe that everybody should be able to wear whatever they want to. Here in the western world we have a lovely thing called freedom of expression and doesn’t that include clothes? And what about human rights? We have the right to choose what we want to wear. And I think it is ridiculous that so many people are disturbed about that they are able to see somebody’s underpants? Is it any different from the beach? And it is not like it’s a thong or anything like that, it’s the same as wearing shorts

Well, I don’t know, this is just my opinion. See ya! :D

May 26, 2008, 2:43 pm CDT

Are you serious?

Hi!

I live in Norway in Europe.

Im a part- time politician in a small town.

The gouverment in Norway could NEVER interfere with a persons lifestyle in that way.

The first point is that this really shows a wrong priority in politicians day.

Isnt there bigger issues that should be taking your time?

And seriously... Look away!

If you dont like how they wear there clothes then you can look away.

None of us likes every fashion, but people should wear what they like.

I must say Im really shocked over how sensetive many people are...

August 6, 2008, 10:47 pm CDT

BLAH BLAH!

Why dont they just do a 'Superman' and wear their underwear on the outside of their pants.. or is having your underwear only slightly showing "alot more cooler".. Pull your damn pants up, If people wanted to know wether you prefer boxers or briefs they would ask you!

Mind you i dont know who i feel sorry for more, guys whose pants wont stay up. or emo guys whose pants are so tight you'd think they had "women bits"...

August 19, 2008, 11:34 am CDT

Hi America

Today was this show aired in The Netherlands, and i have to say that, i have to laugh about most of the opinions said by the crowd.

I just cant understand what the problem is, cause there aint no problem.. the only problem is the people self who wear those pants, because they look ridiculous.
Every decenia there is something new to wear, because it is just a part of that period, and they think it is cool, because it belongs to that period!  You have it nowadays, and you had it 30 years ago, when people had flowers on their pants. Some of them are in a denials phase, mostly experimental to show your "right" of living the way you want to live!
And the most important is, kids are not being damaged by the look of lower pants! It is silly to think that way!

August 20, 2008, 10:58 am CDT

Baggy pants

Hello dr. Phil

i'm Neena and i'm 14 I think boys may wear what they want to

(btw. i'm from holland.. so my english is... hmm.. not soo good)

Here in Holland wears almost every guy baggy pants! actually i like baggy pants by boys but iguess that's because of my (amsterdam) culture....

And why should gothics be allowed and guy's whit baggt pants not... or am i telling al lot of rubbish?

My english/ american vocabulary isn't so good so i can't tell exact what i think about it or.. give a better statement

byee xx.

August 20, 2008, 11:12 am CDT

01/28 The Baggy Pants Debate

Quote From: stevebravo

Today was this show aired in The Netherlands, and i have to say that, i have to laugh about most of the opinions said by the crowd.

I just cant understand what the problem is, cause there aint no problem.. the only problem is the people self who wear those pants, because they look ridiculous.
Every decenia there is something new to wear, because it is just a part of that period, and they think it is cool, because it belongs to that period!  You have it nowadays, and you had it 30 years ago, when people had flowers on their pants. Some of them are in a denials phase, mostly experimental to show your "right" of living the way you want to live!
And the most important is, kids are not being damaged by the look of lower pants! It is silly to think that way!

i totally agree with this! except that ridiculous part...

And... talking english is so much easier than write in english...

And i also thought that the mother who is following here child over-act about this whole baggy pants thing.. i would be embarrassed..

byee XOXO

September 25, 2008, 12:27 am CDT

WHY ARE WE WASTING TIME ARGUING

October 21, 2008, 8:58 pm CDT

Pull'em Up

Check out my song about this issue "Pull'em up"

at -

http://amiestreet.com/artist/duffus-everwood-2

I think you'll like it.

Thanks

Duffus Everwood

First | Prev | 120 | 121 | 122 | 123 | 124 | 125 | Next Page | Last Page