Message Boards

Topic : 08/21 Vigilante Justice

Number of Replies: 693
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 25, 2008, 01:20:15 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 01/31/08) You’ve heard the phrase, “I’m mad as hell, and I’m not going to take it anymore!” Dr. Phil’s guests say to achieve justice they were forced to take matters into their own hands. Dr. William Moody says his constitutional rights were violated when he was physically and verbally attacked while arguing with a man about moving his car. But the dentist wasn’t on his best behavior either. You won’t believe what’s on this tape – but does it tell the whole story? What does Dr. Phil think? Then, 75-year-old Mona made national news when she walked into the office of her local cable company with a hammer and smashed up their equipment! She says they were rude and gave her inadequate service, and she doesn’t regret her actions. Was the grandmother justified in taking on big business with a weapon? Plus, meet a man who shot video of himself pulling over an erratic driver whom he thought was under the influence. Should you perform a citizen’s arrest if you encounter a drunk driver on the road? Hear what the experts have to say and join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 31, 2008, 8:06 am CST

Age Does Not Justify These Actions

If I, a woman in my thirties, were to go into the cable office with a hammer, I would have been arrested on the spot. This woman should have been arrested as well. Age is no justification to behave violently.

I worked at our cable company for two years. The clerks at the front desk have absolutely no power over technicians. That is a matter for dispatch or the manager. If the woman was waiting for a manager and did not get to see one, she should have either called the toll free number or have gone to her local t.v. station or newspaper to put pressure on them. She should have come back every day until a manager agreed to see her. She could have posted a sign in her yard so everyone knew Comcast dropped the ball. Publicity works wonders.

As for needing a phone in emergencies, get a cell phone. Technology can't be that scary. It said in the piece, they were getting internet anyway. They must be somewhat techno-savvy.

January 31, 2008, 8:16 am CST

Vigilante Justice

Hi Dr. Phil,

Good show! I really don't know what to say about the dentist. To look at him, he looks like a nice, educated man. But from the video I would say that he was on some kind of drugs! He wasn't with it and I am with  you, no man EVER gets physical with a woman, NEVER!

The lady with  the hammer handled her situation rather strangely, and I see what she was doing. I think that being a door mat is a good way to put it, but I don't think I  would have  done it the way that she did. I would have contacted every cable company and told them that Comcast had a corner on the market and asked them what to do about  it.  I love what she  did, but I think she did it the wrong way.

The last guy is the one I am writing about. I saw a radical driver on  I-75 just north of Cincinnati. I was afraid of the driver and I hurried to get away from them. I told John, my fiance, to call 911. About the time that he called the car ran into another car and caused an accident. I don't know if the person was drunk, or if they were having a heart attack or what, but they needed help!

That's all I have to say! Have a great day!

Cathy from Ohio

January 31, 2008, 8:18 am CST

dr. moody is a racist

if dr. moody wants to play the race card, i believe the reason he got out of his car in the first place was because the gentlemen was a mexican.    dr. moody should consider himself lucky that all he got was spat on and called a name!!!!!  the victim could have shot his ass in self defense to a car jacking!!!!

January 31, 2008, 8:19 am CST

Dr. Moody needs ANGER MANAGEMENT

Coming from a long time Ohio Police Officer, I can assure you that if the incident occurred in Ohio, Dr. Moody would have been charged with Robbery (which is a serious felony), not just a simple assault or menacing charge.  By placing his hands on the man and moving him to get in the car, Dr. Moody's actions constituted a car jacking.  Regarding the assault with the sister, yes she may have pushed him away first, but Dr. Moody was clearly inside her personal space and in a very threatening manner.  I'm sure she felt the need to do so, to protect herself.

There were bad decisions made by all parties involved.  Dr. Moody should never have gotten out of his car, even if for his own safety (but that's a discussion for another day).  After Dr. Moody's poor decision to get out of his car and act irrationally, the victim of the car jacking should have just moved his vehicle if traffic permitted it,rather than engage an irrational man.  And, the sister, after seeing the previous incidents, should NEVER have approached Dr. Moody, even if her intentions were to de-escalate the situation.

Dr. Moody may be a well regarded member of the comunity, and would not normally act in this manner, but that does not excue what he did.  Noting his status in the community and in his professional industry, he should own up to what he did, stop making excuses and quietly put it all behind him.  I detected a very subtle hint of the race card being played on his part.  Consequently, his attorney is either a very well payed puppet, or he too is playing the race card.

January 31, 2008, 8:42 am CST

MONA

I have to say to Mona....It's about time. I'm sick of companies not taking responsibility for not backing there product or there service. I'm behind her 100%..... 

January 31, 2008, 8:46 am CST

I totally agree

Quote From: sjlink

After seeing this guy in action I was just so totally shocked that he could come on TV and try to justify his actions. He was so wrong in his actions and to try to make himself out to be the victim. I am with Dr. Phil in saying that if this man had come up to me and pulled me out of my car and then start shoving me around there would have been a butt whooping on the horizon. He tried to claim that he was hit in the Right side of his face during that part of the altercation which is a flat out lie. If he were hitting the man you would have seen him jerking back from the impact. I understand that Blacks have not had it easy in life and it angers me when I see people treating other people bad no matter what creed or color. On the other hand I am so sick and tired of seeing blacks cry discrimination when he obvioulsy was the agressor in this mess. Enough is enough Dr. Vigilante, you are clearly in the wrong. Get off your high horse admit to your crimes, man up and deal with the consequences of your actions and stop hiding behind a lawyer and crying about your kids being your heart and blah, blah, blah nonsense.
  I couldnt have said any words to totally agree with you more and to any of Dr.Moody patients  I think  I  would find myself another dentist.This many has anger issues  and is in need of help.

January 31, 2008, 8:48 am CST

Mona

Quote From: ramair

She sounds like a loose cannon, for sure.
Maybe you should have watched the show. You must be young and haven't experenced life yet. I say she had every right maybe a different approach but it got there attention. 

January 31, 2008, 8:51 am CST

01/31 Vigilante Justice

Quote From: darthkitty

If I, a woman in my thirties, were to go into the cable office with a hammer, I would have been arrested on the spot. This woman should have been arrested as well. Age is no justification to behave violently.

I worked at our cable company for two years. The clerks at the front desk have absolutely no power over technicians. That is a matter for dispatch or the manager. If the woman was waiting for a manager and did not get to see one, she should have either called the toll free number or have gone to her local t.v. station or newspaper to put pressure on them. She should have come back every day until a manager agreed to see her. She could have posted a sign in her yard so everyone knew Comcast dropped the ball. Publicity works wonders.

As for needing a phone in emergencies, get a cell phone. Technology can't be that scary. It said in the piece, they were getting internet anyway. They must be somewhat techno-savvy.

come on now, im sure she had to replace the equitment, jail would have been to harsh of a punishment for her. good thing the owner or owners of that companey had there hearts in the rite place, and cell phones are ok but alot of elderly people do have a very hard time just trying to turn those things on, let alone try to use one in a real emergency, if ya think im wrong just take a few to a retiarment home and see how many people can turn one on, let alone use one.

January 31, 2008, 9:23 am CST

01/31 Vigilante Justice

Quote From: kiddoat44

About 3 years ago my husband and myself were cutting down a dead tree when the wind caught the top of the tree (it was raining) and threw the tree into the power lines in the lot beside my house. When the tree hit the line one of the lines broke and started a fire. I called the Fire Department and called the Electric Company and had them come out to cut the power to that line. When the lineman got there he had a very bad attitude and told me to my face that he didn't appreciate having to come out on a rainy day because he was asleep (it was almost noon). He went down the road and cut the power to that line and left. A weeks later I recieved a bill for $1500. This just floored me. I called the electric company and asked why this bill was so high that all that was done to repair the line was just splicing it together. They told me that because one of the lines broke that we had to replace a transformer (which was extremely old) 1/2 mile away because the tree falling on the line caused the transformer to tear up. It didn't hurt the transformer that was between the break in the line and broken transformer. We tried to fight it and the people that are supposed to be on our side that Dr. Phil talked about on his show today wouldn't help us. They said there was nothing we could do. We ended up negotiating with the power company and paid the $1000 only because my husband's job had been threatened 3 times because of this. Well, 3 years after this happened the man in Raliegh that was called on the carpet over this found a way to get rid of my husband. He was made CEO or something like that anyway he is over the power company now. They fired my husband on a made up violation. They had someone say that my husband was drinking on the job and he wasn't. We have tried everything and let me tell you that there is NO ONE that will help you when it comes to problems with the Utility Companies. They have a monopoly and can do whatever they please, ESP in the South. So, now my husband and I are trying to turn a hobby into a business. It isn't going too good because most people want something for nothing and they just don't realize how much work it takes to build items out of wood. So, we are trying to live off of my husbands retirement which will run out and then we don't know what will happen.

Thank You for listening...

Wanda

i know how you feel in a way, our neaghbors water meeter was installed on our lot over 30 years ago,my mothers water bill doubled every time that property rented out,the people who would move in there would park and drive across moms grass, a very big NO-NO, as a teen we never parked on moms grass we knew better, so to avoid any problems with the people nhext door i decided to put mom a split rail fence up to boarder her property and stop the driving across her lawn, well i also decided to protect her from any one being able to sew her if they fell on her property trying to get to there water meter, i would have the water company come and move it to where it should have been in the first place,well that took a lot of calls to get them to come and move it, i was informed that the meeter was there for all these years and it wasnt nessary to move it, WELL HELL FIRE THATS ALL GOOD  i said, just pay my mom rent for the meter space in her yard and be liable for any personal injury suites that may accour in the feture. lol, they moved the meter i had the spot marked where the next post was to be placed to hold the rails for the fence, well guess what? the water company put the plastic p-v-c line rite there, well it was a sunday i was digging keep in mind i did not know the line was in my way till i cut it with my post hole diggers, opps water-water-every where but not a drop to drink, i called the water companys emergency # the man came and jumped on my mother while i was indesposed in the rest room, well after all she said he said to her i was very upset, i started to go whip his ass, mom was 72 at the time!! when i thought about how it would just upset mom for me to whip his ass, i went out side and talked to the jerk about jumping on elderly people and i was the one he wanted to be mad at, then i showed him my marker i placed for them to be sure they saw where my post was to be placed, as a result i had to cut the rails shorter and mess up the looks of the fence,  for the life of me i dont know what people expect taking a job knowing they may have to go out on sunday or on a bad day in a emergency and when they are called just taking out there anger on elderly people, HELL FIRE THEY NEED A DIFFERNT TYPE OF JOB ALL TOGATHER!!! PUBLIC SERVICE AINT WORKIN FOR THEM!!!!!THERE WORKING FOR US!!!!

January 31, 2008, 9:49 am CST

He got arrested again

I went online and searched for news articles about the current state of Dr. Moody.  I found this article that describes how Dr. Moody violated a protection order filed by the woman assaulted, yes, ASSAULTED by confronting her, violating the order's physical boundaries, and asking her if she knows what time Dr. Phil comes on on Thursday.  Does he really think the show went WELL for him?  I would certainly say it didn't, and the show, on top of this latest arrogant stunt will surely cost the Dr. money and hopefully a job.

http://wcbstv.com/seenon/parking.rage.arrest.2.642401.html

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last