Message Boards

Topic : 08/21 Vigilante Justice

Number of Replies: 693
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 25, 2008, 01:20:15 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 01/31/08) You’ve heard the phrase, “I’m mad as hell, and I’m not going to take it anymore!” Dr. Phil’s guests say to achieve justice they were forced to take matters into their own hands. Dr. William Moody says his constitutional rights were violated when he was physically and verbally attacked while arguing with a man about moving his car. But the dentist wasn’t on his best behavior either. You won’t believe what’s on this tape – but does it tell the whole story? What does Dr. Phil think? Then, 75-year-old Mona made national news when she walked into the office of her local cable company with a hammer and smashed up their equipment! She says they were rude and gave her inadequate service, and she doesn’t regret her actions. Was the grandmother justified in taking on big business with a weapon? Plus, meet a man who shot video of himself pulling over an erratic driver whom he thought was under the influence. Should you perform a citizen’s arrest if you encounter a drunk driver on the road? Hear what the experts have to say and join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 31, 2008, 10:32 am CST

Bravo Mona!!!!

I completely get why Mona did it and if you've ever had to deal with these people you'd find it funny too!

I do agree that there is a better way to stick it to these bad companies because I have gone over they're heads and gotten refunds for really bad service or for products they talked me into buying that were scams. (Does anybody remember the line backer law suit against ameritech!!!!)  I've also helped get several people at one company fired because they were double billing costumers and pocketing the money.

At any rate my biggest problem with comcast; aside from they're lousy product and pitiful customer service is that when I went to school they taught us that monopolies were illegal in this country. But some how comcast has found away around this???? When did it change from a free economy  where the consumer had a choice to a monopoly????

I do not understand why they get away with bidding on areas and if they win the bid that's what we're stuck with?!! That's why they act the way they do because they know we do not have a choice.

Luckily I have moved to an area where we do have a choice and I do not have any of the problems that I used to.  And I get a fair price for the products I buy!

While I've never actually gone down to comcast with a hammer believe me I've thought about it! So on behalf of all us little guys that have been screwed by companies like this~~ BRAVO MONA!!!!!!!!

I just have to say this ...... The car jacking Dr. really ticks me off!!! What do you think he would of done if someone drug him out of his car and tried to drive off in it????? He should just pick up what's left of his dignity accept the fact that he behaved badly and stop making it worst by lying about what happened. Bad days happen, things get out of control, grow up act your age and just take responsibility for your actions!!He's not setting a very good example.

~Nixi

January 31, 2008, 10:41 am CST

01/31 Vigilante Justice

Quote From: ssenippah

I give Mona all the credit there is to give for doing what she did.  Everyone has a right to their own opinion but maybe you should look at the situation with open eyes instead of making an obnoxious comment regarding Mona and a nursing home.

I take care of my elderly parents who are not in the best of health and I see the way they are treated with certain situations that arise pertaining to them.  I am the one who writes letters and makes phone calls to the totally disrespectful, unprofessional people that don't either understand a seniors problems or just do not care.  I get results and if I had to go to Comcast or any other place to get someones attention believe  me I would.  I guess it's a good thing my letters and phone calls are doing what needs to be done.

I worked at a hotel as a front desk manager and our general manger was an alcoholic.  He was so drunk one night that he fell in the parking lot,  messed in his pants, a maintenance man had to pick him up and walk him over to his car because the GM asked to be taken to his car.  When I saw this, I ran out the front door of the hotel, took the keys out of his hands, said a few choice words and told the maintenance man to take him to a room and get him cleaned up.  If I had let him go home who knows what could have happened.  I have a 12 year old grandson who lives in the same city as this alcoholic does and I'll be damed if I was going to let him drive in his condition not knowing who he would kill.

The next day the GM apologized for his behavior and said, if it wasn't for you taking my keys I could have killed myself or someone else.  I was so angry with him because this was not the first time he came to work drunk this is a daily occurrence for him.  My reply to him was this "I TOOK THE KEYS AWAY FROM YOU FOR ONE REASON AND ONE REASON ONLY BECAUSE GOD FORBID YOU HAD INJURED OR WORSE ANY HARM TO MY GRANDSON, YOU WOULD HAVE PAID THE PRICE. 

So tell me, should I spend the rest of my days in a nursing home with happy pills?

It's true....older people are not treated with much respect or dignity. I'm 64 years old and I have noticed that the older I get, the more I seem to "disappear" in younger people's eyes. However, being a feisty ol' lady...I'm not afraid to stand up for myself, either. I start out nice, but can go from zero to UGLY  in about 3.5 seconds if I need to.

I'm not sure I would have taken a hammer to the cable company's property....but, I've got to say, I can sure understand the anger and frustration of that woman!

The dentist is a mess! Major anger issues there and he needs to learn self-control. It doesn't look like he will because he doesn't think he did anything wrong.

As for the drunk driver......boy, good for you that you took away your GM's keys...I wish everyone who sees someone impaired try to get into a car would do that, too.  Think of all the lives...young, innocent lives...that would be saved if people would just step up...."friends don't let friends drive drunk!!"

Please visit my website: NONONSENSEGRAMMYTREE.BLOGSPOT.COM where I have written many articles about relevant issues. 

January 31, 2008, 10:42 am CST

01/31 Vigilante Justice

Quote From: kiddoat44

About 3 years ago my husband and myself were cutting down a dead tree when the wind caught the top of the tree (it was raining) and threw the tree into the power lines in the lot beside my house. When the tree hit the line one of the lines broke and started a fire. I called the Fire Department and called the Electric Company and had them come out to cut the power to that line. When the lineman got there he had a very bad attitude and told me to my face that he didn't appreciate having to come out on a rainy day because he was asleep (it was almost noon). He went down the road and cut the power to that line and left. A weeks later I recieved a bill for $1500. This just floored me. I called the electric company and asked why this bill was so high that all that was done to repair the line was just splicing it together. They told me that because one of the lines broke that we had to replace a transformer (which was extremely old) 1/2 mile away because the tree falling on the line caused the transformer to tear up. It didn't hurt the transformer that was between the break in the line and broken transformer. We tried to fight it and the people that are supposed to be on our side that Dr. Phil talked about on his show today wouldn't help us. They said there was nothing we could do. We ended up negotiating with the power company and paid the $1000 only because my husband's job had been threatened 3 times because of this. Well, 3 years after this happened the man in Raliegh that was called on the carpet over this found a way to get rid of my husband. He was made CEO or something like that anyway he is over the power company now. They fired my husband on a made up violation. They had someone say that my husband was drinking on the job and he wasn't. We have tried everything and let me tell you that there is NO ONE that will help you when it comes to problems with the Utility Companies. They have a monopoly and can do whatever they please, ESP in the South. So, now my husband and I are trying to turn a hobby into a business. It isn't going too good because most people want something for nothing and they just don't realize how much work it takes to build items out of wood. So, we are trying to live off of my husbands retirement which will run out and then we don't know what will happen.

Thank You for listening...

Wanda

I'm just speechless......(sort of) maybe dumbfounded is a better word.

Why was your husband cutting a tree in the rain and wind?? Why didn't you hire a professional to cut a tree that was by a power line?? Why would you be "floored" by the fact that the power company would charge you for destroying they're property??

You should be thanking God your husband wasn't electrocuted!!!

Wanda ....here's your sign.

I really do hope things work out for you and your hubby though, god bless ya.

~Nixi

January 31, 2008, 10:46 am CST

01/31 Vigilante Justice

Quote From: immeanbcurstupid

dr. moody is so,so, so wrong. trying of course to play the race card. the victim in the car should have shot him in SELF DEFENSE for trying to carjack him!!!!!! what is wrong with people?????!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know about where you live, but where I live...and I think in most places...you cannot shoot someone for trying to take your property! The law says that is NOT self-defense.

Dr. Moody is an idiot...no doubt about that...he had no right to do ANY of what he did! But, shooting someone for being stupid is still murder.

January 31, 2008, 12:18 pm CST

Gimme a break!!!!

This Dr should be stripped of his license. The Lawyer should be as well. It's people like these that make America the hole it can be. Grow up!!! You have my vote to go to jail!!! That wasn't an attack on the woman's part. No real man knocks a woman down. Yes, vilify him!!! The Dr and Lawyer need to be in jail. Then they can experince what a real assult is.

January 31, 2008, 12:19 pm CST

behave

the doctor shouldnt have started it.

January 31, 2008, 12:19 pm CST

Dr. went a little too far

I think the doctor flipped out a bit. I can understand being very irritated with someone sitting across a driveway and I can understand his getting out of his car to say, move your car. But unfortunately he went too far and when the woman pushed him, his push back was very strong and made him look very bad. I hope the whole thing blows over. Everyone has gotten grief over it and they all deserve some grief for what they did.

January 31, 2008, 12:22 pm CST

Non-sense

Ok, first off...Why in the world did he get out of his car? The other cars would have moved soon enough..

Secondly, What gives him the right to PULL someone out of their own car, PUSH them twice, and then take a seat behind the wheel of THEIR car?!?!? And I agree yes the woman was in the wrong by pushing him, which would give him the right to defend himself at that time.. He started the whole conflict...So why's he bitching...(excuse my french)

Kassie

January 31, 2008, 12:22 pm CST

01/31 Vigilante Justice

How old are these gentlemen?  12?  or maybe 16?  This is a realization of how stupid and immature Americans are.  I feel no simpathy for this man.   He is a liar and very ignorant.  Also, his lawyer is annoying.  We have more problems to worry about in the world ( um... ie the war, America's economy, 08 elections, energy savers).  This is absolutely pitiful.  He should be ashamed of himself. 

January 31, 2008, 12:24 pm CST

my original post was not posted

I saw the show and cannot believe this idiot is trying to defend his actions. And then I get on this board and find he had another law infraction. He basically commited a carjacking and should be charged as such. And to play the race card is nauseating. He is very lucky he did not do this to me in Ohio, I carry a club in my car and would have no problem using it on him had he tried to pull me from my car!!!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last