Message Boards

Topic : 08/21 Vigilante Justice

Number of Replies: 693
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 25, 2008, 01:20:15 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 01/31/08) You’ve heard the phrase, “I’m mad as hell, and I’m not going to take it anymore!” Dr. Phil’s guests say to achieve justice they were forced to take matters into their own hands. Dr. William Moody says his constitutional rights were violated when he was physically and verbally attacked while arguing with a man about moving his car. But the dentist wasn’t on his best behavior either. You won’t believe what’s on this tape – but does it tell the whole story? What does Dr. Phil think? Then, 75-year-old Mona made national news when she walked into the office of her local cable company with a hammer and smashed up their equipment! She says they were rude and gave her inadequate service, and she doesn’t regret her actions. Was the grandmother justified in taking on big business with a weapon? Plus, meet a man who shot video of himself pulling over an erratic driver whom he thought was under the influence. Should you perform a citizen’s arrest if you encounter a drunk driver on the road? Hear what the experts have to say and join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 26, 2008, 2:54 pm CST

Doctor Phil Show

Doctor Justice Phil Vigilante. Well Well Well here we go again. Another another dollal. What is wrong with--

these peoples? I thought that people do have a right to be freedom from justice. See you on  Thursday-----

Janurary 31st, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.------------------------------------------------------------------

January 28, 2008, 11:19 am CST

Taking the law into our own hands

Well, it's no wonder people are taking the law into their own hands, they leave us no choice. Try getting help from the police or legal aid or anyone for that matter and see where it gets you. More abuse. We are sick of the mobbing and gangstalking going on and being abused by everyone we turn to for help. The cops in California refuse to ticket the millions of vehicles with no front license plate when the law requires them. Is there a private security or patrol who would do this job the cops seem to be stupid and lazy to do? If they were ticketed, and there are millions of them and I saw where someone got an $82 ticket for this, there would be millions if not hundreds of millions of dollars collected and the cops could pick them off like flies, every block has a dozen of them parked, you can't drive a block without seeing a dozen more coming toward you, on the freeways you pass hundreds and hundreds of them coming toward you, the parking lots of shopping centers are loaded with them, even the police parking lot is loaded with them, so what is the problem, how retarded, stupid and lazy are these idiot cops anyway. And when you call them they say it will take them three days to come out, in a town two miles across, that sure makes sense. And we are not supposed to get upset and frustrated? Screw them and everyone who refuses to do their job and who abuses the public for no reason.

January 28, 2008, 6:44 pm CST

Wow, what's the world coming to?

I too am greatly annoyed by inconsiderate people who  make obstacles of their cars.  But actually  having the nerve to  get in somebody's car and move it.  Don't think so.  I would blow my horn and go around if possible and may even give some sign langauge.  I've blown my horn at the idiots in the carpool lane at my son's school and to inconsiderate police officers blocking fire lanes.  I wouldn't want anyone to get in my car and move it, so I wouldn't do that to someone else.

January 29, 2008, 1:25 am CST

01/31 Vigilante Justice

I think there is a line that shouldn't be crossed, no matter how frustrated we may get with other people. This ain't Mayberry, with Gomer Pyle makin' a "citizens arrest,citizen's arrest". In the real world there are gonna be consequences if we decide to "bully" other people just because we are upset. And suppose someone dicides to take matters into thier own hands and the other person turns out to be carrying a gun? And decides to use it? What then? Some people need to practice self control.

January 30, 2008, 5:51 am CST

Vigilante Justice vs. Standing up for yourself

There's a difference between beating the crap out of somebody and standing up for yourself.  I don't think I could "arrest" a drunk person because of the unpredictability, but I could call the police with the make and model (and license # if I can remember) and report a drunk driver to get his butt off the road.  That won't guarantee that the guy won't kill anyone with his car, but as a female, I don't know what this guy would do (i.e. What if he WERE drunk with a gun?).

As for the lady with the hammer, that's setting herself up for  a lawsuit.  She could have sued them, or talked to one of the "Troubleshooters" at a local TV station that would approach the company for her, giving them bad publicity.  She could file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, etc, there's a million things she could do to make trouble for them without destroying their property.

On the road, I was taught to handle road rage with speed.  When some sociopath thinks they have the right to run me off the road, and start to swerve into my lane, I honk my horn and speed up (they back down every time because it's their fault if they cause an accident).  Its amazing how many people think they're entitled to mess with you.  It's NOT vigilante justice to stand up for yourself and not be  doormat!

January 30, 2008, 11:45 am CST

Mona the Masher

I have not seen the show yet but it sounds as if 75 year old Mona might be ready for the nursing home now.   Provided they have nice happy pills for her!

January 30, 2008, 12:37 pm CST

01/31 Vigilante Justice

Quote From: all_eyes

Well, it's no wonder people are taking the law into their own hands, they leave us no choice. Try getting help from the police or legal aid or anyone for that matter and see where it gets you. More abuse. We are sick of the mobbing and gangstalking going on and being abused by everyone we turn to for help. The cops in California refuse to ticket the millions of vehicles with no front license plate when the law requires them. Is there a private security or patrol who would do this job the cops seem to be stupid and lazy to do? If they were ticketed, and there are millions of them and I saw where someone got an $82 ticket for this, there would be millions if not hundreds of millions of dollars collected and the cops could pick them off like flies, every block has a dozen of them parked, you can't drive a block without seeing a dozen more coming toward you, on the freeways you pass hundreds and hundreds of them coming toward you, the parking lots of shopping centers are loaded with them, even the police parking lot is loaded with them, so what is the problem, how retarded, stupid and lazy are these idiot cops anyway. And when you call them they say it will take them three days to come out, in a town two miles across, that sure makes sense. And we are not supposed to get upset and frustrated? Screw them and everyone who refuses to do their job and who abuses the public for no reason.
I think the California cops have more pressing issues, such as violent crimes, to get their pants in a wad over some missing front license plates.

January 30, 2008, 12:39 pm CST

01/31 Vigilante Justice

Quote From: fromthesquare

I have not seen the show yet but it sounds as if 75 year old Mona might be ready for the nursing home now.   Provided they have nice happy pills for her!
She sounds like a loose cannon, for sure.

January 31, 2008, 6:26 am CST

Are You Kidding Me?!

I'm shocked that Dr. Phil has not called this guy out for his blatant lies and comlete false elaborations regarding the "attack". This man is completely delusional and obviously has extreme anger issues. Why is Phil pandering to this man. He is a liar, plain and simple.

January 31, 2008, 6:26 am CST

Is this Dentist for real?

Um, pardon me if I am ignorant here, but didnt the dentist ASSAULT first when he pushed the guy out of his car and then pushed him again to when he was getting out of the drivers seat?  This guy is absolutely ridiculous and this story is making me absolutely ENRAGED!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last